Welt im Bild 29/1953 11.01.1953
01 Churchill in the United States Churchill talking to the banker Bernhard Baruch and Eisenhower. Close-up of Churchill. Churchill from the birthplace of his mother in the New York Borough of Brooklyn. Photo of the mother to Winston Churchill as a child. Churchill reads from the old chronicle. Washington: Churchill appears next to Truman in front of the White House. Handshake Churchill-Truman. Photographers and cameramen.
02. Bonn: new year's reception at Heuss Heuss Adenauer and the Ministers Blücher, Erhard, Lehr, half-close. Close-ups swivel Heuss, Adenauer, Finance Minister Schäffer, the Minister of Justice Dehler puts his arm, labor Minister Stork, Georg Kaiser. Professor Carlo Schmid. In addition to the President of the Federal Constitutional Court Dr. Höpker-Aschoff Heuss. Archbishop Münch and the arrival of the Nuncio accredited diplomats. Adenauer speaking to diplomats.
03. Korea: gunfire at the front soldiers of the British battalion, Duke of Wellington, on alert. Radio operator picks up the message. Soldiers run to the guns and in the shelters. Loading the guns. Commands and fires. Machine gun fire.
04. France: Government crisis the new French Foreign Minister and successor to Robert Schumans George Bideault. Bideault surrounded by reporters and photographers. The new French Prime Minister René Mayer.
05. Puerto Rico, U.S. island colony, Commonwealth status people applaud the new Governor to. American troops parading before the Governor and the official representatives of the United States.
06. India: Buddhist ceremony in Sanchi gathering of Buddhists. Nehru standing in car. Golden relics, which were before independence in British-owned, are placed in ceremonial rites in the temple. Nehru carries the relics in the temple.
07. Australia: Union for photo models education photo models. Boy girl gymnastic exercises lying on the ground. Practice walking by poses before the camera.
08. Munich: Indentation of the Prince Carnival couple catchment of the girls of the Prince guard. Carnival Prince is taken standing. Arrival of the Carnival Princess. Mayor Wang with Carnival Cap. The Royal couple sits on throne. The girls of the Prince guard parade. The Royal couple opened the dance a waltz. Dancers on the dance floor.
09th Garmisch: German Championships in the curling men at the curling in the snowstorm. Sticks on the roll on the railway. Spectators under a umbrella. Man drinking from a bottle. Women in the curling.
10 Krefeld: German Championships in figure skating freestyle of the 17-year old champion Gundi Busch. Audience clapping. Gundi Busch receives bouquet and kisses bearer. Freestyle Freimut Stein of the winner. Congratulations and close-up Freimut Stein.
11 New York: Amateur Boxing Championships to the Golden Gloves of heavy impact change in the ring. Boxer goes to the floor. Referee counts. Boxer gets up again and keep on fighting. The other Boxer goes to the floor. Wild Brawl. Boxer slips and goes down. Referee separates. Knockout hit shortly before the end of the fight.
12 Hamburg: run football Altona 93 - Holstein Kiel 1:1 snowman ranked players. Game at the Altona gate. Attack is repelled. Spectator, large. Altona misses on the target. Viewers with Hat, great. Altonaer Defender fends off attack. Viewers with a pipe, large. Dicker spectators filling with glasses, picture. Altonaer Defender is placed and limp leaves the place. Shot on goal 1:0 for Altona. Port workers face, great. Game scene of the time under the microscope. Ball delivery. Game at the Kiel gate (Gate camera). Viewers excited smoking cigarette. Attack Kiel. Shot bounces off. Margin leads to compensate for 1:1 audience side, big. Goalkeeper keeps ball. Boy with winter hat, great. Altona shoots over the opponent's goal. Calling people with dark hair and glasses, large.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Busch, Gundi ; Adenauer, Konrad ; Baruch, Bernhard ; Bidault, George ; Blücher, Franz ; Churchill, Winston ; Dehler, Thomas ; Eisenhower, Dwight ; Erhard, Ludwig ; Heuss, Theodor ; Höpker, Aschoff ; Kaiser, Jakob ; Lehr ; Mayer, René ; Muench, Aloysius ; Nehru, Indira ; Schäffer, Fritz ; Schmid, Carlo ; Storch, Karl ; Truman, Harry ; Wimmer, Thomas ; Krüger, Helga ; Stein, Freimuth ; Voss, Peter
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Boxes ; Ice skating ; curling ; Hands ; Domestic events ; cameramen, cameramen ; Carnival ; Carnival ; Football ; Parades ; Photographers ; Religious events ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Dance ; Korea war ; Foreign policy events ; Jobs ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 29/1953
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Initial brand Churchill in the United States origin: Metro world cross-cutting new year's reception at Heuss camera: Essmann, reason Bidault origin: Pathé journal Korea origin: Pathe news Puerto Rico / Heuer Governor origin: Metro Buddhists origin: Tele News Union of photo models origin: Tele News Prince entered Munich camera: Hafner, cooking German championship in the curling camera: cooking Championship in figure skating camera: reason, Essmann boxing United States Amateur Championship Football Altona 93-Holstein Kiel camera: Luppa, Haux origin: Knoopfilm end brand
70th Anniversary of the Beginning of the Korean War (June 25, 1950)
The Korean War is the Cold War’s first proxy war. It is also one of its bloodiest. It begins on June 25, 1950, when the North Korean People’s Army crosses the border of the divided peninsula. Two years earlier the Soviet occupation zone in the north became the socialist “Democratic People’s Republic of Korea” and the American occupation zone in the south became the capitalist, more western-oriented “Republic of Korea”. A number of border transgressions follow. Both presidents had the peninsula’s eventual unification in mind, albeit each according to their own political ideology. North Korea’s attack in June of 1950 was a step towards its own idea of a unification.
Head of state Kim-Il-Sung had secured support from Moscow and Beijing in advance. The communist leaders expected a swift victory over the “decadent West.” But things turn out differently. The USA obtains a mandate for a military intervention from the United Nations. Initially North Korea conquers almost the entire southern part of the peninsula, before UN-troops in cooperation with the South Korean army retaliate and seize a majority of the entire northern part. This action triggers the invasion of hundreds of thousands of Chinese “volunteers”, who drive the opponents back behind the demarcation line of the 38th parallel.
General Douglas MacArthur demands the use of nuclear weapons and wants to expand the war to Chinese territory. US-President Truman dismisses these ideas, relieves General MacArthur as Supreme Commander in Korea and instead relies on armistice negotiations. In the meantime the conflict has grown into a trench and civil war with minimal territorial gains on either side but massive loss of human lives. The US army amplifies the bombing of North Korea and uses vast amounts of napalm for the first time. Almost every city in the north is bombed into a wasteland. Up to a quarter of the North Korean civilian population was killed. Overall casualties are 2.5 million North Koreans, 1.5 million South Koreans, 1 million Chinese soldiers and almost 40,000 GIs. The hopelessness of this war leads to the signing of an armistice three years after its started, but peace has yet to be made.
More video clips on this subject
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 22/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 23/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 24/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 25/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 75/1951
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 151/1952
Welt im Bild 29/1953
Welt im Bild 70/1953