01 2000 deaths waves hit flood in Holland - stand. Flooded fields and homes. People stand on sandbags. Water tumbles over burst dikes in the village. Debris from houses in water. Cows are driven by water and loaded on wagons. Seen through cracked houses wall in room. Street full of water. Homeless children in emergency quarters. Faces of old people. Family at dinner table. Houses in water flood.
02. Berlin: East refugees in Berlin Adenauer in Berlin accompanied by Ernst Reuter. People wave at him. Adenauer beckons. Adenauer and Ernst Reuter attend emergency proceedings by refugees. Refugees go to the Tempelhof airfield for aircraft to take-off in the Federal Republic. Refugees go up stairs and wave front of aircraft.
03. U.S. Secretary of State in Paris Dulles accompanied by MSA Director Stassen descends the stairs and George Bidault is welcomed by the French Foreign Minister.
04. United States: cobalt irradiation to combat cancer cobalt Irradiator, great. Patient wrapped in bandages head during irradiation with the cobalt bomb.
05. Addis Abeba: Christmas in Ethiopia Emperor Haile Selassie at the Christmas party of the Coptic Church. Haile Selassi distributes gifts to the poor and needy.
06. Berlin: Green week plants in the exhibition at the radio tower. Orchids, great. Adenauer goes through the exhibition. Dutch fruit and vegetables. Foreign countries took part for the first time. Geese, great. 2 pigeons, great. Goat, great. Piglet drinking mother animal. 2 cows, big head. Cows stand side by side.
07. Munich: Flyweight boxing: Edgar Basel defeated walking wheel pot / Austria high after violent shock exchange points. Basel violently attacking and pushing pot through the ring. Viewers intermediate cuts, including bald man, great. Viewers wearing glasses. Winner Edgar Basel, breathing heavily after the fight, big.
08 Garmisch: ice hockey Germany - Canada 2:9 1-0 scoring for Canada. Canada is considering. Players fall. Game scenes. With the course of the game, the Canadian superiority is increasingly apparent. Shots on goal.
09 Garmisch: World Championship in the four-man - death ride Felix Endrich / Switzerland Felix Endrich / Switzerland at the wheel of his bobs at the start to his death ride. Bob moves. After the fall of the death in the Bayern curve are people at the scene. Bobs empty at the start. Ripped up root of spruce, against which the Bob was bounced after flight from the Bayern curve. At the start of Franz Rösch to Bob Max and Moritz - Germany III. He is 3rd Anderl Ostler on the railway. He is 2. Start and ride the Bob's United States II. with Johnson at the helm. World champion is the United States II. The winning team with the American Bobpräsidenten. Award ceremony at the Olympic Stadium. Johnson receives from Heuss award. Anderl Ostler receives Heuss Cup.
10. New York: Athletics at Madison Square Garden running 880 yards: Heinz Ulzheimer runs at the front of the peloton on the wooden car with excessive curves. Ulzheimer runs by a large margin. In the last round, the distance decreased, but Ulzheimer WINS by a margin of 5 meters. Heinz Ulzheimer at the award ceremony, great games of the Germany song.
Origin / Type of content
Initial brand flood in Holland origin: Polygoon cross-section refugees in West Berlin camera: Obeng Dulles in Paris origin: Pathé journal nuclear energy against cancer/cobalt bump origin: Tele News Haile Selassie/Christmas in Addis Abeba origin: Tele News green week in Berlin camera: Obeng, Obeng sports boxing: Basel pot camera: Hafner, Chef ice hockey: Kiessersee-Canada camera: Lutz, cooking death ride bobsledder of Endrichs camera: Hafner, cooking ceremony Garmisch camera: Lutz
01 storms over Western Europe one of the worst floods in living memory struck the Northwest of Europe. On the Dutch coast, the century-old dikes broke and lashed by Hurricane floods rolling himself 80 kilometers deep in the Interior of the country. England and Holland have proclaimed a national State of emergency. -The disaster has claimed so far more than 2000 lives. 1 million people were left homeless. Thousands are missing. -Surrounded by huge floods the people trying to save their last belongings and goods. Military and all available auxiliaries were offered to free the completely apathetic people out of the water emergency. -Hundreds of thousands fled a power which could halt to nobody.
02. the stream of refugees from the Soviet zone of German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer visited Berlin, where from the population, a joyous reception prepared him world cross section. The increase in the number of East refugees in West Berlin had the Chancellor to this information visit causes. Together with Professor Reuter Adenauer emergency proceedings attended, that asylum law of East refugees in West Germany decides that.
In the month of January alone, over 25 000 people have fled from the Soviet zone. Two large Tudor machines bring the refugees daily to West Germany in security.
John Foster Dulles in Paris on her lightning trip through Europe, and prior to her visit to Bonn US Secretary of State John Foster Dulles and MSA arrived Director streets in Paris, where they were received by Foreign Minister Bidault and Prime Minister Mayer.
The Europe trip of Dulles will be determining factor for the future foreign policy of the United. Be a new nuclear weapon States nuclear energy against cancer? Don't worry, just a modern weapon of medicine against cancer. It's the cobalt bomb of Monte Fiore South in New York. The radio active cobalt core inside of the case, whose high-intensity blasting penetrate through the top glass lens in the patient's head is so big about.
Christmas appeared of January in the spring of Haile Selassie, the Emperor of Ethiopia, the Coptic church Christmas under the blazing sun. Thousands came to Addis Abeba to attend the traditional gift distribution to poor and needy children in the capital. For each, there was a piece of clothing, a loaf of bread and an orange from the Imperial garden under the Christmas tree. -In festive white robes, the children of Addis Abeba celebrate every year their Christmas in the spring.
In winter spring in the middle of the winter the Berlin with the opening of the "Green Week" at the radio tower celebrated spring.
Federal Chancellor Adenauer appeared to this largest German Agriculture exhibition after the war. Abroad was represented for the first time. The vegetable and fruit stand showed that the sweetest fruits not only for the large animals are determined. And In addition, the exhibition was so instructive that one had to preach not only deaf ears, the audience clearly to make clear, that as always in life the sweetest animals bear the largest fruit.
03. sports box victory over Austria at the 100th box international competition in Munich the German Fliegengewichtler Edgar Basel encountered the Austrians Gerhard pot.
The little Basel, showed his great skill in the dark Dreß, once again. In lightning raids, he edited his opponent, which is however not cardboard. Both boxers lurking on a vacancy, Edgar Basel shields and Lands a right body hook. And then he forges ahead, with farfetched transducers, he drives the Austrians through the ring.
The brave pot is no match for the agile combat style of the Olympic second. Again a hard right-left combination haarscharf upside of pot. -The small Basel won big points.
Ice hockey stars from Canada the Harringay racers, a selection of Canadian ice hockey stars, fought in the Garmisch Olympia Stadium against a German Landsmannschaft. A mess before the German gate and 1:0 for the. Guests. The Germans were not tired and saved themselves over the first third with 1:2 - but then went out of the ice hockey Devils from Canada! They hunt the puck across the ice and spun completely messed up the German team. -In critical situations at the gates, the temper went through with the players and the spectators. -In the second third of the game, the Canadians had a lead of 6:2. In the last third, the Germans were simply paralysed and the Harringay racers won with 9:2 goals.
The death ride of Felix Endrichs tragic hour in Garmisch Partenkirchen. -The Swiss world champion Felix Endrich at the start of the fateful track run would bring him to the death. -A few seconds later it happened. The ice wall in the Bayern curve shows still the track of the Swiss Bobs, which was hurled at 110 km speed out of the car at this spruce. The Swiss flag was at half-mast, but continued the competition for the World Championship in the four-man event.
Ostler in the four-man event hit the German Bob "Max and Moritz" chasing through the fatal Bayern curve. Undeterred by the fate of their comrades of the sport, the men on the sled in the fight with the time around hundredths of a seconds. -In a dead heat with the Sweden "Max and Moritz" Rösch at the wheel on the third place asserted itself. - And since roared Anderl Ostler of the railway. He puts everything on the last run. The audience cheers him, but Ostler was too slow to 34/100-thousandth seconds. He was second. -The sensation of the day was the victory of Bob's United States II with Johnson at the helm. The big surprise was the victory of the Americans. Award ceremony in Garmisch at the award ceremony in the Olympic Stadium accepted his award to Johnson from the hand of the President. Ostler also got a cup of Prof. Heuss, who spent his 69th birthday at the winter sports week.
In New York, and already the German is Ulzheimers victory in New York Heinz Ulzheimer at startup to the 880-yard race at the Millrose Games on the outside at the top ahead of its competitors. With a lead of ten meters, Ulzheimer goes into the straight. The audience at the Madison Square Garden towers! The sports world senses a sensation! And the German holds its position. Americans fall back and far forward, Ulzheimer fights. He runs the race of his life. A last attempt of Americans. Joyce moves up threatening, but Ulzheimer perseveres and WINS by a margin of 5 meters. In the Hall heard the song of Germany, for the first time in decades.
Persons in the Film
Basel, Edgar ; Adenauer, Konrad ; Bidault, George ; Dulles, John Foster ; Selassie, Haile ; Reuter, Ernst ; Stassen, Harold ; Endrich, Felix ; Johnson, Luice B. ; Kemser, Franz ; Ostler, Anderl ; Rösch, Hans ; Topf, Gerhard ; Ulzheimer, Heinz
Berlin ; Paris ; Holland ; United States ; Addis Ababa ; Garmisch-Partenkirchen ; New York ; Munich ; Garmisch Partenkirchen
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Bobsleigh ; Boxes ; Disasters ; Refugees ; Plants ; Sports details, fouls ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports facilities ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; State visits (inside) ; Animals (except dogs) ; Disease ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Medicine ; People ; Water ; Christmas ; Agriculture ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Hockey ; Exhibitions ; Agriculture ; Sports honors ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator