Welt im Bild 60/1953 18.08.1953
01 Copenhagen: Rowing - Championships Copenhagen's cityscape. Road transport. Many cyclists. Fountain. The landmark of Copenhagen "The Little Mermaid". Rowers from different European countries are next to each other on chairs. Double sculls: Start. It wins the boat from the Switzerland. Coxless: Russia WINS with a boat length ahead of Belgium and Denmark. Audience clapping. King Frederik presented medals to the Russian winners. Coxless: start. Denmark WINS by a narrow margin. Ride through the target. King Frederik claps. The winners are congratulated. Danish flag, great. Aft. It wins the Russian boat. King Frederik congratulates the winners.
02. Hamburg: German Protestant Kirchentag 1953 Luther statue at the entrance of the St. Michael's Church. Worship before the St. Michael's Church. Rally in the City Park. At the lectern of the Kirchentag President Dr. von Thadden Tan. Bells in the Bell Tower. Catchment of the Presidium of the Kirchentag with Kirchentag President Dr. von Thadden Tan, the Bishop of Berlin-Brandenburg Dr. Dibelius, the Bishop of Lower Saxony Lilje and the bishops in the country from the East zone. Church silhouetted. Lilje on the lectern. Listener under umbrellas. Niemöller, great.
03. Berlin: holiday for refugee children map on neck by child children airlift. On airfield Ernst Reuter is U.S. Air Force aircraft children United. Wave members. Children get off plane in Cologne / Bonn. Smiling girl face, great.
04. Korea: prisoner exchange transparent in Panmunjon. Welcome - Gatet to freedom. Red Cross vehicle UN soldiers out after being released from North Korean captivity. Norkoreanische prisoners after discharge truck pull yourself US uniforms from the body and throw them to the ground.
05. earthquake in Greece aerial photographs of the earthquake area in the Western Greek Islands. People are looking in tatters. Trümmerstraßen. Remaining substance is recovered in baskets. Seaplane brings clothes and food in bags. Debris of houses.
06. Tokyo: Turmoil in the Japanese Parliament after disagreements on the budget deliberations crowd members forward to the lectern and berate President. Ashtrays are thrown. President closes the session. Members fight. Level copying, then cut down by Faust. Guards to intervene.
07. Munich: Fantastic hats Friedel Stauber cars Hat Cap. Traffic and road signs on Hat draped. Railway as an ornament of hat. Steamer with side hanging down anchor as a hat model. Plane lands on a hat brim.
08 Frankfurt: Horse racing Grand Prix of Hesse race scoreboard. Standing spectators. Men read in racing newspaper. Bell will be rung. Start. On the stand roof film camera under umbrella. Viewers with white gloves looks through binoculars. Horses run on soaked ground. Running in the home stretch, horses from the front. Stani overtaken brilliant and WINS. Prime Minister Zinnt presented the winner of silver plate. Head of the winning horse.
09 Dortmund: International University Sports week poster 3. International University Sports week 9th-16th August. Competition on the battle line of Red Earth. As viewers Heuss in conversation, is great. Shot putter, high jumper, long jumper and pole vaulter. 110 m hurdles: kick-off. Bert Steinest runs new German year best time and WINS ahead of Argentines. Finish. People clap. Spectators photographed. Triple jump: Jump of the Brazilian Olympic gold medalist Ferreira da Silva, who with 15.92 meters WINS. Heuss congratulates da Silva under clapping of audience.
The Harlem Globetrotters in Hamburg of the Harlem Globetrotters jump through covered sign reading Harlem Globetrotters. Play against the team of American stars. Ball tricks and door throws of the Harlem Globetrotters. Referee scolds. Viewers laugh. Dribbelkünstler on the ball.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Basketball ; Buildings in Germany ; Demonstrations ; Bells ; Disasters ; Children ; Refugees ; Leisure, recreation ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Religious events ; Rowing ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports facilities ; sporting events ; Townscapes: Europe ; Korea war ; War, prisoners of war ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Holiday ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Fashion ; Sports honors ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 60/1953
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Initial brand camera: basic European Rowing Championships in Copenhagen camera: Luppa cross-section Protestant Kirchentag in Hamburg camera: Obeng airlift for refugee children camera: Essmann, Obeng POWs Exchange in Korea origin: Metro earthquake in Greece origin: Pathe news tumult in the Japan Parliament origin: Tele News fantastic Knave (Munich) camera: Kang sports: horse racing: gr. Price of Hesse camera: P, strong students Olympic Games in Dortmund camera: Essmann Harlem Globetrotters in Hamburg camera: Obeng final brand
Have you seen these gems?
Welt im Film 88/1947
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 397/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 476/1959
Welt im Film 257/1950
Welt im Film 310/1951