Welt im Bild 101/1954 01.06.1954
1 Rome: Canonization of Pope Pius X crowd au Saint Peter's square with handkerchiefs Pope Pius XII. beckons, blessing carried on throne by lot. Pope Pius XII. announced the canonization of Melchiore Sarto, the Pope Pius x. picture of Pope Pius X.. Pope Pius XII. will be carried back to the Vatican. People cross themselves.
02. Cuxhaven: German emigrants to Australia the emigrant ship Anna Salen. Case will be read. Inscription on luggage Melbourne. The German emigrants go aboard. Baby in the Carrycot. Families with children. Young man with a child on the arm next to his wife speaks interview: "We hope that we will have A lot of luck in our new home, but we will not forget our homeland." Band plays "Must i do". Goodbye. Waving from the ship and the shore. The ship sails out.
03. United States: Explosion on the aircraft carrier Bennington with over 100 dead on Board runs the aircraft carrier Bennington port. Fire was caused after explosion aboard. Seriously injured soldiers carried on stretchers to ambulances.
04. Stuttgart: Argentine Foreign and economy Ministers visit Mercedes that Argentine Ministers go down the aircraft stairs and be welcomed. Mercedes star cooler by car. Tour of the Minister through the Mercedes works. Mercedes car on the freighter Alberto Dodero are loaded in Hamburg.
05. Indochina: The Angel of Dien Bien Phu sister Geneviève de Galard sister Geneviève after release by the Vietminh, after she had taken care of the injured as the only woman in the fortress. Sister Geneviève reports about their experiences. Close-up.
06. Tokyo: pageant of Japanese babies mothers and their babies in beauty contest. The children are examined by physician and weighed. The most beautiful baby winner prize.
07. Austria: customs dog German Shepherd get in car and searched him. Then he runs border barrier and opens it. Customs officers are dog tidbits on the border control of Oberndorf.
8th Munich: Tennis international match Germany - Brazil 2:4 men's single: it plays Horst Hermann against Vieira / Brazil. Viewers heads going back and forth. Vieira WINS with 6:1 and 6:3 men's double: Horst Hermann / PÖTTINGER against Vieira / Moreija play it. Game Moreija fails with the bat in both hands. Viewers sit under umbrellas. Vieira / Moreija win. Player hand To give itself to the network.
09 Paris: Zatopek runs world record over 5,000 m start on the cinder track of the Colombes Stadium. Emil Zatopek Right away sits at the front of the peloton. Advertisement at the gang: van Houten - Cinza No. Martini. Zatopek runs alone at the front of the peloton with distorted face. Zatopek lapped up the final torchbearer of the field. Spectators clap Zatopek runs world record by 13 minutes, 57.2 seconds finish.
10. Tokyo: World Cup of freestyle wrestling in the Gallery is welcomed Crown Prince Akihito. In the flyweight fight. Kaneko / Japan against Balvadse / USSR. Balvadse free from clamp and accuses Kaneko on back. Referee throws himself on the ground to combat decisions. Old spectator with headscarf. Kitano / Japan fights against Abashidze, Turkey. The flyweight champion is Abala / Turkey. The Turks win in the National Championship.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Indochina, Indochina war ; Disasters ; Children ; Religious events ; Rings ; Shipping ; beauty pageants ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports advertisement ; sports facilities ; Tennis ; Animals (except dogs) ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Customs ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Emigrants ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 101/1954
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Canonization origin: iNcom, SEDI Cuxhaven camera: Luppa focus on aircraft carrier origin: Metro Minister & loading camera: P Geneviève origin: Pathé journal Japan babies origin: Metro Customs dogs camera: Hafner sports tennis camera: Hafner, Koch Zatopek origin: Pathé journal, Gaumont Japan Wrestler origin: Asahi news final
Have you seen these gems?
Welt im Film 151/1948
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 373/1957
Welt im Film 76/1946
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 537/1960
Welt im Film 277/1950