Welt im Bild 112/1954 18.08.1954
01 Ottobeuren: the Vienna Symphony Orchestra play the 8th Symphony of Anton Bruckner German Austrian cultural week in the Basilica of Ottobeuren and its exquisite Baroque art.
02. Indonesia: Signing of the sovereignty Treaty between the Netherlands and Indonesia in the Hague is signed, guaranteeing full sovereignty to Indonesia. Minister Luns and the Indonesian Foreign Minister Dr. Soenarjo sign it.
03. unrest in Morocco devoted tribes of Berber horsemen. French soldiers in the town. Mosques. Nationalists fighting for independence against French suzerainty. Coffins of the fallen. Soldiers searching passers-by in indigenous areas. Frisked for weapons. French soldiers search hiding places. Soldier throwing hand grenade.
04. Vienna: repair work on the St. Stephen's Cathedral of St. Stephen's Cathedral with scaffolding. Look down from a giddy height. Workers applying frameworks.
05. Friedrichshafen: Dr. Hugo Eckener + flying airship. People waving Hugo Eckener screen in charge of the "Graf Zeppelin" on the window of the airship. People wave their hats and call Hurrah. Close-up of Hugo Eckener in his work room. Eckener looks through a telescope. Large image of an airship on the wall.
06. London: Jockey Sir Gordon Richards finished his career Jockey Sir Gordon Richards surrounded by nurses after his recovery from the pelvic fracture after a fall. Review: Richards for his winning ride at the Epson Derby in 1953 on the Stallion Pinza. Congratulations for him by Queen Elizabeth and Philip after title of nobility.
07. United States: Jet fighters of the air force Scorpion jet fighter Scorpion at the firing of 104 rockets.
08 Hannover: German Rowing Championships on the Maschsee spectators under umbrellas. Start the roller coaster: it wins the boat of the Amicitia Mannheim. Congratulations for the winners. Racing the coxless: the boat from Cologne 1877 leaves as the winner by the target. Association President Dr Wülfing wreath presented the winning team.
09 Vancouver: 1 mile under run the viewers of Prince Philip. Start. Among the runners of the Vanquisher of the dream mile Roger Bannister and the holder of the world record of John Landy, Australia. Landy running about 5 m in front of Bannister at the top. About 100 m from the finish passes Bannister in the final sprint to Landy and WINS in 3.58,8. Bannister, exhausted, falls into the arms of caregivers.
10 Hamburg: German jumper Derby riding the horse. At the top, Fritz Thiedemann rides on diamond. Drops of rain fall in a puddle. Spectators under umbrellas. Fritz Thiedemann on diamond on the boggy course. Helga Köhler on Armalva is 4 with 15 errors. Hans Heinrich Lammerich on Nemo in the stinging breaks the wall and 2 Magnus of Buchwald on Jasper crashes after the departure of the great wall by the horse. Horse denied obstacle. For France Francois Poncet rides. Fritz Thiedemann is winner in a playoff with diamond. Woman powder man is worn over the boggy ground to the award ceremony, and presented Fritz Thiedemann Cup. Diamond with wreath.
11 Austria: wild water racing on the river Enns international canoeists in exciting whitewater. Yugoslav winners will be congratulated.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Buchwald von, Magnus ; Eckener, Hugo ; Elisabeth II. von England ; Luns, Joseph ; Philip Mountbatten von Edinboroug ; Soejarno ; Francois-Poncet (jun.) ; Köhler, Helga ; Lammerich, Hans Heinrich ; Pulvermann ; Richards, Gordon ; Thiedemann, Fritz ; Wülfing
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Kayaking, canoeing, whitewater ; Musical events ; Medals, awards, honors ; Pacts ; Political events ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Rowing ; Sports details, fouls ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Deaths, funerals ; harness racing ; Unrest ; hotspots ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Contracts ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Agreement ; Buildings ; construction ; Sports honors ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 112/1954
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Ottobeuren camera: Cook Spotlight Indonesia contract origin: Polygoon Casablanca origin: Eclair Stephansdom camera: Karna Dr. Eckener origin died: Archive Sir G. Richards origin: Pathe news Scorpion aircraft origin: Metro sports rowing camera: basic mile: Bannister-Landy origin: tele news show jumping Derby camera: Rau, Luppa whitewater camera: Karna final
Have you seen these gems?
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 131/1952
Welt im Film 116/1947
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 44/1950
Welt im Film 172/1948
Welt im Film 133/1947
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 238/1954
Wie für unsere Feldgrauen gesorgt wird