Welt im Bild 117/1954 22.09.1954
1 Munich: Oktoberfest ride of camera in the Ferris wheel. Zeppelin carousel ´ n. look on the Weis. Whirligig. Roller coaster. Carousel with rotating gondolas. Measure pitchers. Beer drinkers. Brathähndel and Brathähndel Eater eaters. Distorting mirrors. Carpet slide. Rock high labor. People in the rotating barrel. Illuminated marquee in the evening. Bavaria tents with Bavarian Chapel.
02. Secretary Dulles in Bonn will roll out aircraft. Dulles descends stairs and by Adenauer and U.S. High Commissioner Conant is welcomed. Dulles actuality at the airport: "I am greeting Germany as a partner in the society of a free world." Adenauer and Conant side by side as a listener, great. Adenauer actuality: "but it seems that it is correct, the best Europeans from America." Very warm handshake of Adenauer, Dulles.
03. Berlin: Inauguration of the America Memorial Library U.S. High Commissioner Conant in the library at opening. Sign: Philosophy - geography - history. Visitors to the library. Reader. Book series.
04. Hokkaido: Deduction of U.S. occupation US garrison at farewell ceremony, as she will be replaced by Japanese forces. Soldiers Pack bags. Pictures of girls are wrapped and taken from wall. Soldiers with luggage. Motorcade. Soldier looks out of vehicle. Japanese lady. Soldiers go on board Troopship and waving. Japanese women waving goodbye.
05. New York: Trial of Praline killer Christa Lehmann Schwur Court Aushang: Monday, September 20th - Christa Lehmann - murder. The defendant Christa Lehmann will be felons and stops arm in front of her face. Catchment of the judges. Listeners get up. Chairman opened the hearing. Christa Lehmann, large, under interrogation, admits the poison murder of her husband.
06. Detroit: Underground parking lots and roads in the model to solve traffic problems be taken into the model of parking garages to the side house fronts, parking deck stands. Underground streets with traffic.
07. Triberg: Cup under newspaper disappear World Congress which allows magician magician. Magic tricks. Dog guillotine. Milk is poured in hat and disappears. Water in the bag. Standing rope (rope trick).
08 Savannah: Elefantentransport from India elephants stand on ship and toss straw with proboscis about themselves. Crane, the elephants in the country be lifted.
09 portrait Heinz of Fairweather Heinz Fütterer with a small boy in the picture, great. He plays accordion. Fairy playing cards with his coach Häfele. Fairy packs racing shoes in his suitcase. Siegessäule Heinz Fütterer over 100 m and 200 m.
10 Dortmund: Athletics international match Germany - Finland 100 m race: start, run and victory of Heinz Fütterer in 10.7 seconds. 400 m run: battle between Friedrich Haas and Hollsten / Finland. After 200 m, Haas is up at the top and wins German year best of 46.7 seconds. 1500 m run: Finns Johannsson and kakko lead before the German Dohrow and Lueg. Then Dohrow sits at the top. Lueg runs in the final sprint from back to front and wins the fight against Dohrow.
11 Vienna: Handball Austria - Germany 13:19 goal throw. Spectator pleased. Vienna goalkeeper holds. Attack Germany and gate's throw. Half-time score 9:5 for Germany. Austria stormed. Goal throw. Goalkeeper parade. Large audience faces. Clapping.
12 Berlin: Avus race "Grand Prix of Berlin" formula (I) Fangio at Mercedes race car uses glasses on. Start. Front no. 2, no. 4, and Juan Fangio, Karl Kling, and Hans Hermann. Auditorium. 3 Mercedes racing arrows at the top. Clerk of the course Neubauer on box. Karl Kling driving as the winner from Juan Fangio finish. Karl Kling receives wreath and is congratulated by Fangio.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Conant, James B. ; Dulles, John Foster ; Lehmann, Christa ; Dohrow, Günther ; Fütterer, Heinz ; Fangio, Juan ; Haas, Karl Friedrich ; Häfele ; Hollsten ; Johannsson ; Kakko ; Kling, Karl ; Neubauer
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Libraries ; Books ; Handball ; Justice ; motor sports ; Political events ; Portraits ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Animals (except dogs) ; Magic, magicians ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Crime ; Transport: General ; festivals ; Magician, magic ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Crew ; Sports honors ; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 117/1954
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Oktoberfest camera: Hafner, Chef spotlight on Dulles Adenauer i. Bonn camera: Basic, Essmann US Library in Berlin camera: Obeng Praline Mörderin camera: strong American Traffic model origin: Metro World Congress d. Wizard camera: out elephants from India origin: Paramount Pictures called Fairweather camera: strong sport Athletics Deutschld. Finland camera: Essmann, basic handball Deutschld.-Austria camera: Karna, Avus race camera: Obeng concluded
Avus Turns 100 (September 19, 1921)
Avus is one of the most famous racetracks in the world. It was the first road ever to be exclusively used by motor vehicles and is therefore also considered the precursor of the autobahn. The construction of the "Automobile Traffic and Practice Road" goes back to an initiative in 1909 to show off the German automotive industry and to test various road surfaces later. Only a few days after its completion on September 19, 1921, the 8.3-kilometer long Avus was inaugurated with the first car races as part of the German Motor Show.
Starting October 1, it was also opened to general traffic-- for a hefty fee. The following year, motorcycles races were held at Avus for the first time. In 1926, the track hosted the 1st German Grand Prix. Two years later, Fritz Opel presented his legendary rocket car at Avus. In the following decades, racing operations kept getting interrupted by the economic crisis, the Second World War and reconstruction.
The first post-war race took finally place in 1951. It heralded Avus’ second golden age (the first one being during the 1920s). The crowning moment happened in 1959, when it hosted a Formula 1 race. In 1967 the notorious north curve was demolished: too many disastrous accidents had occurred, and Avus no longer met the requirements of a modern runway. Avus rapidly lost its appeal.
From the mid-1980s on, Avus was regularly used as a motor racing circuit, until 1998, when competitive races came to an end. Resistance to noisy events arose and closures also became more and more problematic, since the Avus - which had been connected to the Berlin Ring during the Second World War and served as a transit route during the German division - was urgently needed as a connecting road in a reunited Berlin.
More video clips on this subject
Emelkawoche, Emelka-Tonwoche u. Tobismelofilmwochenschau Einzelsujets 1928-1931
Opel und andere Wochenschauaufnahmen ( 1926 - 1927)
Emelka-Wochenschausujet 1931 (seit 1931)
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 75/1951
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 123/1952
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 140/1952
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 181/1953
Welt im Bild 117/1954
Welt im Bild 170/1955
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 748/1964