Welt im Bild 200/1956 25.04.1956
01 fairytale wedding Monaco Fireworks. Dance performances on the eve of the wedding in front of the Palace. On the window of Rainier and Grace Kelly. Wedding ceremony by the Bishop of Monaco in the Cathedral. Production sound (missing). Ring Exchange. Excerpt from the Cathedral. Grazia Patrizia lays them down bridal wreath of small church St. devout. Ride in an open carriage to the Palace.
02. England: State visit of Bulganin and Khrushchev run-in of the Cruiser Ordzhonikidze in Portsmouth Harbour. Train arriving at Victoria station London. Eden welcomes Bulganin and Khrushchev on the station. Drive to Downingstreet. Eden comes with Bulganin and Khrushchev in front of the House. Children give flowers in front of the Soviet Embassy. Gala dinner with the Lord Mayor. Close-up Bulganin in conversation with Eden. Close-up of Khrushchev. Bulganin and Khrushchev visit the University of Oxford.
03. Formosa: soldiers marching maneuvers on the island of Matsu in long series on street of the island of Matsu. Remove defense bodies. Gunfire. Flugzeugstaffel and bombing.
04. Saar. American woman reclaims her daughter lost in Germany, whose German father was afraid of delivery from the foster mother fled with the child to the police station. American enters room and approaching the child who retreats frightened and crying.
05. Königstein: on wheels by priests traveling churches in buses dedicated to mission church. Altar in bus, which reach the smallest places. Buses on the road.
06. Holland: Largest radio telescope in Dwingeloo sets the machines of the telescope in motion Queen Juliana with the push of a button. Large screen to trap radiation.
07. Paris: Wild West Rodeo artistic rides on horses and oxen 08 Jupp Haridas - Walter Gross: porters breakdown from new German newsreels 326 / 5: Walter Gross with bulky boards on the shoulder runs against Jupp Hussels and disabled pedestrians. He tangled with the boards and hangs in scrub. Jupp Hussels: Pedestrian with bulky loads must go on the road.
9th Marathon floating on the Nile the float are dick rubbed with fat. Home to the 57 km swim. The German Gisela dwarf receives first prize at the amateur swimmers. Egyptians will be the champion of the Nile.
10 Court: German art artistic gymnastics Championships breakdown from new German newsreels 326/8 (it gymnastics Theo Wied; Bars, Adalbert Dan Hutton, stretching. Dr. Ota, Helmut Bantz, rings and rings): Theo Wied turns on the parallel bars and WINS. The rings turns Dr. Ota and 3rd overall. Helmut Bantz turns on the rings and WINS. Erich Wied turns on the horizontal bar and WINS. German Champion in the twelve fight is Helmut Bantz. Congratulations for the award ceremony. Audience clapping, half-close.
11 Vienna: Speedway international match Austria - motorcycle riders in the race on a track with dangerous maneuvers in the curves and when overtaking Poland. Serious crash in turn when the Polish driver dies.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Bantz, Helmut; Bulganin; Chruschtschow, Nikita; Eden, Anthony; Gross, Walter; Hussels, Jupp; Juliana von Holland; Kelly, Grace; Nehru, Indira; Monaco von, Rainier; Däumling, Gisela; Dickhut, Adalbert; Ota; Wied, Theo
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Higher education; Children; art jumping; motor sports; Religious events; Rodeo; Shipping; Swimming; Sports details, fouls; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside); Dance; Animals (except dogs); diving; Gymnastics; Maneuver; Engagement; Buildings; Sports honors; 18 finding book world in the picture
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Welt im Bild 200/1956
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Origin wedding in Monaco: Fox movie tone, Pathé journal Soviet leader in London origin: Pathe news defense maneuvers on d. Island Matsu origin: Metro "prodigal daughter" origin: Pathé Journal Mobile churches camera: basic largest radio telescope origin: Polygoon Rodeo origin: Pathé journal "Porters" sport swimming on the Nile origin: Misr German art Gymnastics Championships camera: Rau, Hafner Speedway: Austria Poland origin: Austria final special service: cinema anniversaries, Hanover camera: Luppa
Grace Kelly’s 90th Birthday (* November 12, 1929)
Her life seemed like a fairy tale, mythologized by her early death: a cult of worship surrounds Grace Kelly to this day.
The daughter of a respectable family discovers her passion for acting while still in school, where she stars in several plays. She goes on to study acting at the prestigious American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York and get her first paycheck from working as a model. After graduating she participates in several stage and film productions before making a breakthrough in 1952 with “High Noon” directed by Fred Zinneman. She goes on to make three films with Alfred Hitchcock: “Dial M for Murder”, “Rear Window” and “To Catch a Thief”. By her mid-twenties Grace Kelly is Hitchcock’s favourite aloof blonde heroine as well as one of America’s great character actresses. In 1955 she receives a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for best actress in a leading role for her performance in “The Country Girl”.
When she attends the Cannes Film Festival she meets Prince Rainier III of Monaco. They get married in 1956 and have three children. With a heavy heart Princess Grace Patricia of Monaco, her new official name, gives up her acting career. From now on she only performs her representative duties as a princess. When Hitchcock offers her the leading role in “Marnie” six years after her glamorous wedding she first accepts but then has to withdraw due to the pressure from the public of the principality of Monaco, which leaves her extremely disappointed.
Shortly before her 53rd birthday she dies in the aftermath of a car accident, the details of which have never been entirely solved.