1st uprising in Prague house fronts. Street signs are torn down, thrown papers from Windows and burned with a swastika. English, American and Russian flags. German soldiers on roadblock. Soldier with rubber truncheons from behind. German soldiers marching through the streets. Radio station with Czech soldiers. Street fighting. Citizens fires behind dustbin. Barricades, dead, strikes by missiles. Dead are moved away. Fight on rooftops. Protect, burning houses, water spray be directed to Keller. Leave SS soldiers in tanks. Captured soldiers with hands and traitor of his country with your hands and handcuffs. Russian armored car with red flag insert. Population cheers. Eduard Benesch returns home. Reception at the station. Finland. Women with flower garlands. Benesch travels through the city, cheering and waving.
(115 m) 02. Found American soldiers carry deportees artworks art treasures from a cave by forest. Paintings and sculptures are loaded on trucks and train. American expert checks documents. Castle new Swan stone. Different medallions (large), cassette with jewels, silver bowl, cat picture and American soldiers with pictures.
(79 m) 03 flying fields free of fog danger aircraft on the airfield. In a pump room. Flight box with cables, which are filled with oil. Oil is ignited by man. Flames, smoke. Burning strips make visible landing machine trajectory in the darkness. English plane lands.
(42 m) 04 military Government food. Forest, Lake, Trümmerhaus. Water delivery in Essen. From tap water runs into large saucepan. People draw water and carry it in buckets to go home. Civilians working on the water supply. Streets torn-up. Pipe linings. Classroom. Adults with "MG Police" armbands To write. Teaching as a traffic COP. Traffic COP waving, tall, in use on the road. Sign screen "victory Herald Office". Editorial inside. Men and women in front of typewriters. Signs German, Italian, Dutch, French, Polish screen. Man from typewriter and two women. Typewriter, that's great. Type-setter at work. Printers typesetting machine. Man reads deduction. Houses front hamburger indicator, before English Jeep. English soldiers invite newspapers and leave. Distribution of newspapers to foreign workers from barracks. Different readers, big.
(93 m) 5th Commission for war crimes London streets. Meeting room with delegates. Quisling as a defendant in Norway, large profile. Firing squad on a field deployed near Brunswick. Spy is bound to a stake. Firing squad shoots. Man falls to the ground and carried to the coffin. A second spy is tied to a pole and shot.
(56 m) 06. Drama of an aircraft carrier warships and planes across the ocean. Firefight and aerial combat. Aircraft crash. Long crash of an airplane into the sea trudelnd. Aircraft carrier Franklin is taken. Explosions, giant fire cloud. Deletion attempts on board. Wounded are supplied. Black mushroom. Clergyman in dying. Destroyer comes to the rescue. Lifeline thrown on board. Sailors are pulled to safety. Sailors to jump into lifeboats and in the water. Lifeboat in the sea. American flag. Joined the team on deck. Franklin in the harbor of Pearl Harbour. On deck religious ceremony. Heads large, laughing. Flag. Damaged ship before the statue of liberty.
01 uprising in Prague during the last days of the war Prague, which was for six years in bondage revolted against his oppressors. It was not a party revolt, there was the rebellion of bitter citizens of a nation. In a city that was still under the dictates of SS troops, the battle began. The Czech Republic captured the radio station. And while they had sent calls to reinforcements in the free world again and again, they fought their desperate struggle in the streets with the superior opponent. The Czechs knew that the SS took no prisoners. They fought with the courage of despair. Also, you didn't know that was already on the way. That from the American West and from the East the Red Army in Conceivedimmense were used. Dawned the 9th of May. The whole free world celebrated Germany's surrender. Prague was still in darkness. German soldiers are forced to leave the basement. ALE the fight began to turn in favor of the Czechs, A few SS troops withdrew from the town, leaving other comrades their fate. They were taken prisoner. As traitor of his country.
The first Russian tank tops in the city invaded on May 10. The struggle of the freedom fighters was completed. Prague was free. A crowd at the station gathered 6 days later. She welcomed their President Eduard Benesch, who returned home after seven years of exile. As one of the first countries, Czechoslovakia lost their freedom, she regained it last. She will take their place among the Nations of Europe and in freedom, in peace, on joint work on which rests the hope of the world, helping to build a happier Europe.
02. trafficked artworks found in a mountain cave near Berchtesgaden, American troops discovered a collection of art treasures. Here, Göring had piled up its prey. Sculptures and paintings, which he had stolen from private collections in Europe. Now, the art treasures with the care are loaded and reset their rightful owners under direction of the allies. This officer is an American art expert and entrusted with the examination of the collection. Also here in Neuschwanstein, the castle of Ludwig II had Göring a collection of art treasures created, which is second to none. A cassette with jewels of inestimable value from private French collections, a silver bowl from the collection of the former President of a famous French Museum. These are just A few of the 23,000 works of art of that were found here by the American troops. The Nazis took not only their peace, their freedom and their bread the peoples who overran it, what they love and what they were proud, they took them,: the works of the great country.
03. Of fog danger free safe landing of Allied aircraft, even in the densest fog, airfields, so it is now made possible. From these tanks is pumped fuel by using a special systems along the Rollfeldern. When ignited the oil heats up the air and brings to evaporate the fog. Within a few seconds, the oil in the piping can be ignited. This system is the invention of British engineers and has enabled the Allied bombers, to continue their day and night attacks during the last winter of the war without interruption. You have a double purpose. The mist is distributed, and pilots returning from their attack flights see 2 long beacon and can land safely. In the peace of this a safe flight service will enable a faster and independent of weather conditions air transport of passengers and cargo.
04. military Government receives the water supply the first temporary help here by the military Government. From the shores of the Ruhr is it hinauf pumped into the city of Essen destroyed by bombs. Citizens come to fetch water and carry it home in buckets. The chlorine cleaning plant is due to significant damage Not yet in operation. The population was warned the risk of infection. Each bucket must be boiled before use. However, the repairs to the water mains from civilian gangs are made. Slowly, but purposeful, order to chaos is brought under Allied control. And again, water flows into the city.
In this classroom, Germans learn to be headed the military Government conscious citizens. You will learn E.g. the tasks of traffic policemen. Responsibly, he fulfilled his duty. This one has been eager to become a useful member of the new Germany.
Hamburg: Editing a news sheet in 5 languages: German, Italian, Dutch, French and Polish. Written by men and women of the various Nations, and produced in the printing of the Hamburg Gazette, the Herald of victory issued by the military Government. For the thousands of people who were deported by the Nazis as slave labourers to Germany, and which will soon return to their homes. The newspapers are packaged and sent to the distribution in the camp, where they now live under the protection of the allies. After nearly 6 years of darkness, they learn to see the light of day again.
05. Commission for war crimes in London opened the meeting of the United Nations for the trial of war crimes. The Conference was attended by delegates from 16 Nations.
Nearly 3,000 Germans are on the list of war criminals. In Norway, Quisling fights for his life. Quisling, whose name is entered in the vocabulary of the peoples of the free world as the international word for traitor - beat the long-overdue moment of reckoning for Quisling.
In the vicinity of Braunschweig, 2 German spies were an Allied Military Tribunal. In February, they were been smuggled in civilian clothes on the RAD to gather information about the deployments of American troops. They were arrested within 24 hours. The military court sentenced them to martial law to death by shooting. The U.S. 9th Army took the verdict.
06. drama of an aircraft carrier in the endless expanse of the Pacific was the scene of one of the great feats in this war. An American fleet, including the aircraft carrier "Franklin", fought a battle with squadrons of Japanese aircraft. The Franklin was hit. She burned. Powder magazine began to explode. You hid the wounded from the thick of the battle. On deck, the priest comforted the dying. A destroyer alongside turned in. It looked as if nothing could save the Franklin. The sailors were exhausted. One was moved to another from the flames, the bent steel of the deck in safety. A few of the team remain in the service. But Franklin did not go under. The flag was still blowing. The hard hit ship was set up, secured, and slowly, slowly the Franklin and the men who remained alive began SCHOTT, in a long Odyssey the journey home. The dead were handed over the sea. Temporary repairs were carried out in Pearl Harbour. Then, as she triumphantly drove up in the Panama Canal, the orders were distributed on the sun-drenched deck of flight, once obtained in the burning ship by Valor and selfless duty. The best reward of this simple men but was the memory of the immolation of their power in their hour of need.
The aircraft carrier Franklin and his crew came home about half of the world. The Franklin will be equipped again, and then the ship that once lay dying, will return back to new deeds.