01 US troops on the way to the Pacific of the steamer Queen Elizabeth is located in the port of New York as a troop transport. American soldiers waving off the boat, women from the shore. The soldiers get off on the jetty with Duffel. The Japanese envoy from Berlin and members of his staff left the ship as prisoners. Troops go aboard a ship. You go through a gate with a banner "Through this portal pass the best damn soldiers of the world." Crowded 饺子馆 deck of the ship. The ship sails on the sea with troops.
(65 m) 02 sentencing a war criminal in Norway streets of Lillehammer (Norway). A hearing shall Instead of at the Victoria Hotel. A German Hauptmann is indicted. Allied officers are the judges. In front of a House, the crime is reconstructed. An officer jumps out of a window on the ground floor, on the ground is the former situation hunched over marked. The captain is found guilty.
(40 m) 03. Camera review: Ulm ruins of Ulm. In the background the Cathedral. People with reconstruction work. Streets torn-up. A man pumps water. The destroyed station. In Loren debris is moved through an underpass. Construction machinery. Destroyed tracks and railway wagons. Work on the tracks.
(51 m) 4 children on Okinawa American soldiers searching a village with holding out gun. A child is found in front of a House. On the arm of an American, it is brought to a hospital. Get a shirt a pillow case out of attracted. Japanese children, a child with a head bandage. A girl eats with sticks from a bowl of rice. Doctors examine children. A newborn is wrapped by an American and.
(51 m) 5th France Algeria helps a cornfield with farmers working. Bags are weighed. Devastated fields, empty irrigation systems. Locust swarms. Man tries to evict them. Starved sheep on bare pasture. Stationary tractors and people who are on the road, and sleep. Sacks of wheat are loaded on a ship and unloaded again.
(28 m) 6th Pontine marshes are drained floodplain of the Pontine marshes. Pumping equipment to be repaired. Rotating wheels, great. Map of the Pontine marshes. Water in channels. Motor boats on the Canal. Farmers carry furniture in a House. In the distance, an oxen plough runs.
(51 m) 7th foreign workers on the train station in Oslo are Russian foreign workers and increase in freight trains and railway wagons for the ride home. Red Cross car ill get to train. Packages will be invited. Warm farewell and waving from a train window. Munich. Yugoslavs, Italians and Greeks gather in the detention centres and are sprayed with DDT. Poland at the train station, a woman with two children sitting on the track. A train travels slowly into the picture with overcrowded boxcars. Reichenau to Innsbruck. Italians go home with trucks. Food distribution. Men waving in a long train on the road. Ride through customs barriers and on twisty mountain roads.
(100 m) 08 redistribution allied army unit tyre warehouse. Guns are unloaded. War material in repair shops. Tanks, radios, engines are welded and injected. Rifles are tested and bathed in a chemical bath. Then they are packed in boxes, nailed to, and transported. Drivers and vehicles prior to shipment and loading. These works run German prisoners of war to the part.
(79 m) 09. A floating dry dock, part of a dry dock will be towed in the Pacific to a place, where it should be used together with other sections to the dry dock. The dock is a cruiser. The ship is located in the dock. Men working on the ship's hull.
(41 m) 10. The end of the Conference in Potsdam Clement Attlee gets out of a car and is greeted by Mrs. Attlee and daughters. In addition the new British Foreign Minister Ernest Bevin. President Truman arrives by plane. It gives awards to the Canadian Commander-in-Chief, British Air Marshal Cunningham and a French General. Troops March past. Attlee sits in the courtroom in Potsdam at the round table, totally. Truman stands between Attlee and Joseph Stalin. President Truman occurs either on the battleship Augusta. A motor launch brings King George of England to the British Kreuzer Renown. King George embarks on Board of the vessel and welcomes the Commander. Truman goes on board. With drawn Hat alone on the image. Troops present. Welcome King George/Truman. The front move off, stand side by side. King George alone, big, in profile, before waving the British flag. Panoramic view over the sea and ships.
01 US troops on the way to the Pacific after 5 days journey, which began in England, was the largest steamer in the world, the Queen Elizabeth in the port of New York. There are 15,000 American soldiers on board. You have fulfilled your mission in Europe and are now thrown into the new distribution programme after the war in the far East. But before they are spend a well deserved holiday in their homeland. On Board was also the former Japanese envoy in Berlin, the godfather was at the conclusion of the Alliance Berlin Tokyo. He and members of his staff were arrested in Europe. You learned about the strength of the Allied and German military power collapse see.
On the West coast of the American continent in San Francisco, the troops go back on board a ship for the journey to the Pacific. The relocation of American forces from Europe to the Pacific Ocean has begun even before the surrender of Germany. It is the biggest reshuffle in the history of military operations. The journey begins to the liberation of the peoples of the Pacific from the tyranny of the Japanese militarism.
02. judging a war criminal in Norway in a provisional administrative building in Lilliehammer in Norway meets an Allied Militärgerichtsbof. A former Wehrmacht officer, Hauptmann Wolfgang Prell, must be, responsible for a crime that he committed after the capitulation of Germany. Norwegian, American and British officers are the judges. Prell is accused of the murder of a Russian soldier. The Defender is a German and his plea, as well as the other negotiating is translated into three languages, so that everybody can follow the proceedings. At the scene of the crime, allied officers demonstrate, like Captain Mohammad by a window on the ground floor, the talk unarmed Russians to a German sentry saw. Captain Mohammad the Russian soldiers shot a bullet through the belly. After three-day trial, the accused of murder is convicted and sentenced.
03. camera review: Ulm Ulm on the Danube. The Cathedral from the 14th century, the town's landmark, is intact. Ulm factories worked for the war economy, Ulm was also a garrison town and was an important Allied attack target. Today, Ulm is severely damaged, and headed the Allied military authorities civilian gangs carry out the most urgent repair works on the lifts and the channels of the deduction. The Ulm station was a six-Jet hub and transit of military material of the Wehrmacht. Above all the debris must be given away. The tracks are freely placed and torn pieces of Rails managed away. All must lend a hand. Slowly, Ulm struggles through to normal life.
04. An American reconnaissance patrol on a child encounters children In the wake of a purge against Japanese snipers in a destroyed village on Okinawa Okinawa. The Americans carries the Japanese child in the car and drives it to the military hospital, where many others were recording have found children, children must be kept clean and the Boy Gets a shirt, a pillowcase with holes for the neck and arms, because children's clothes available. Also, this child was found injured. It receives medical attention. Another makes your meal a bowl of rice. A newborn. In this American military hospital on Okinawa, Japanese children who have lost their parents, To find help and care.
05. France will help Algeria also here on the North coast of Africa in the French département of Algeria is the looming famine fought against. Sustained drought has turned the fertile soil in desert. The irrigation have dried up. Locusts destroy the grain and flocks of sheep To find little food. The machines stand still, and people are hungry. France, which is itself in need sends wheat and helps to Algeria in the common fight against hunger.
06th Pontine marshes dry laid 1943 the Wehrmacht continued at their retreat northwards the Pontine marshes under water. Thus, she renewed the fight against forces of nature, the Italians do for 2000 years. A year ago, the country was still completely swamped. But at the beginning of the year 1945 began the Italians with the help of the Allied military Government to lay the marshes dry again and work the land to meet the desperate food situation in Italy. The pressure pumps were destroyed, backup pumps had to be installed and put into operation. The clogged drains were laid bare. End of May 11,000 hectares of land were dry. The water is pumped into culverts. With motor boats, grass stranded on and reeds is eliminated. Farmers go back and go back to their peaceful employment. You plow the land for urgently needed harvesting.
07. foreign workers of the railway station in Oslo, Norway. These people are Russian prisoners of war and civilian workers, a part of the 22,000 that were found by the allies after the German arms stretch in Norway. Now, under direction of the allies, they begin their journey home after the Soviet Union. At the hospital trains approached the American ambulance all, which can not go against weakness, victims of malnutrition and tuberculosis, more than 500 alone from the Oslo area alight. Under the supervision of Allied representatives, they are worn in the train. During the journey, they are maintained by Russian doctors. Now, they will receive food, powerful food that lacked them since long. After a heartfelt farewell from their Norwegian friends begin this tired, but happy Russians their journey home. Their long bitter exile is over.
To end it is not in Munich, where still arrive in the collection of the radio barracks trafficked persons of various nationalities. These are Yugoslavs, Italians, Greeks, and many others who worked under duress for the German war machine. 2000 Poland participate already the journey home. 40 passengers must in every car. There will be no convenient, but a happy ride.
Early in the morning in the camp of Reichenau at Innsbruck. For the 1000 Italian workers in the the last day on foreign soil will this former concentration camps. Supervised by Fr. Bernini and representatives of the Vatican they return home to Italy. In a long train of Allied military vehicles, they begin their journey back to their homeland, and to their families back.
08. Weapons and human material of the allies to use against Japan are redistribution of Allied army unit after World War II in Europe. Here in this American army unit workshop in Livorno on the West coast of Italy, war material of any kind is placed and thoroughly overhauled for the operations on the eastern front. The work is carried out by Italian civilians and German prisoners of war. The repair is goes under military supervision. Thousands of guns are checked carefully, after a swim in the chemical solution they are packed for shipping. Here, the various war materials is available for shipping in the Pacific Ocean. Tanks, guns, vehicles, medical instruments, repaired and overhauled by Germans will contribute, to bring Japan's collapse.
09. A floating dry dock by the stack of an American shipyard is left a part of one of the great American dry docks, which are now the American fleet on the high seas in the service. The cuts, a total of 10, be brought in the escort to an assembly area in the Pacific Ocean. The compound dry dock is equipped with the facilities of a large shipyard, even a battleship can absorb. A damaged Cruiser is introduced to the repair. The dock submerges to the recording of the vessel. This large floating repair shops keep the American fleet fully operational, thousands of miles from their bases removed. Within 8 months were 176 vessels made again combat-capable in this way and again used against Japan.
10. the end of the Conference in Potsdam on an English Airport prior to the return of the new British Prime Minister Clement Attlee to the Potsdam Conference. Mrs. Attlee and her daughters welcome the new British Foreign Minister Ernest Bevin, the successor Anthony Eden. The work programme of the Conference was nearly completed before the British election results. During the Conference, President Truman and General Eisenhower in Frankfurt awarded awards of Commander of the British Empire. The Canadian Commander, General Thrirer is awarded a high American order by the President. Same honor is given to the British Air Marshal Cunningham, as well the Air Marshal ROAR and the French General de Geugeot. A US Airborne Division marched past Britain, Canada and the United States on the flags of most.
The representatives of the 3 powers on the last sessions gather again in Potsdam. They decided that Germany should be disarmed from the ground up. A Council of Foreign Ministers will have its headquarters in London. One of the first tasks of the Council will be the draft of the peace treaty. In all crucial points, there is a full consensus among the allies.
Before his departure in the United Staatem on the American Kreuzer Augusta, President Truman visited the King of England on the British battleship renown of Plymouth. A motor launch brings King George to the renown. For the first time in 26 years a President of the United States large pay a visit Britain. This historic event is a symbol of unity of the allies, which have victoriously led the free peoples through years of danger. This unit will continue to exist even after the defeat of Japan and secure a lasting peace of the world. King George, and with him his country a happy trip home wish you a great friend.