01 Pacific: In the struggle with the Typhoon warships on the sea. High waves hit overboard. Sailors take advantage with buckets of water from the ship. High seas. Destruction on the deck of the ship. A sailor fights on the deck with the storm. The Cruiser Pittsburgh loses his bow. Knocked down bug floating on the sea, is taken in tow and rescued. Ships total. The close to Pittsburgh without big bug. Waving American flag.
(66 m) 02 firewood for the winter of Gmünd in Württemberg. Forest. Lumberjacks cut trees with axe and saw. High tree trunks and tree crowns. Felled trees are debarked. Women and children collect branches. Boy chopping wood, then high being dragged in a basket at the House in the attic.
(42 m) 03 New York: bomber bouncing against skyscrapers Misty backdrop of the Empire State Building. Street scene. People run. Smoke from being emitted from the top floors of the Empire State Building. Firefighter injects into the House with hoses. Fires. Look down on the street. Evacuation of injured on wearing in waiting cars. Destroyed rooms, offices and ceilings. Empire State Building total.
(54 m) 04. Paris: alpine holiday for French children in a Paris train station a Kindertransport boards a train, then departing. Alpine village in southern France. Three boys jump out of bed. Panoramic view from the balcony on meadows and Alpine houses. In the background of the Mont Blanc. Two girls in the bathtub and scrub off himself. Children when brushing your teeth. By nurse dresses will be patched. Drinking coffee in the garden. The children are on the sun terrace in the Sun. Play in the yard. Visit of the Minister of health.
(41 m) 05. The largest flying boat in the world workers are on the wings of the giant flying boat Hawaii Mars and waving. Military vehicles go to the flying boat, a smaller plane passes through under the wings. (Size demonstration). The flying boat will be christened and rolls into the sea. Starting from the sea and air, close. Landing on the sea.
(39 m) 06. Swedish athletes in London White City Stadium in London. Start of the two-mile run. Gunder Häg lies first in second place and then goes into the lead. He runs alone as winner by a wide margin in the target. 1 mile: The Swede Arne Andersson runs before the Englishman Widderson. In the last round, Widderson exists, but again overtaken by Andersson in the final sprint.
(52 m) 7th North Sweden: Eclipse Observatory in northern Sweden. The reflector is set on a telescope. In the picture: moon shadow grows over the Sun, until the Sun is totally obscured and pulls back on the other side.
(27 m) 08 Schleswig-Holstein: harvest work soldiers in a camp. Drive trucks to farms. Work with the introduction of the harvest on a Hay wagon, on the plow and the threshing machine. Pilgrims, soldiers and children on horses. Soldiers leave a ship in the port of Travemünde and go to the release post. They March with rucksacks through the village. Allies (69 m) surrendered 09 Japan - crash world domination plan London celebrates the victory. Parades and mass gatherings in Picadilly and Trafalgar Square. Emperor Hirohito, riding on a white horse, diminishes the parade of Japanese soldiers. Potsdam negotiating table. Archive footage: Churchill, Truman and Stalin. FLASHBACK: in 1931 the Japanese in Shanghai and Manchuria invade. Shooters in the city streets and fires. 1937: Shanghai is on fire. Older bombers. Fleeing people and deaths on the roads. The refugees flock to the international enclave, which will be sealed because of overcrowding. Old woman on the road and is guarded by the daughter. Trick: world globe, drawn the advance of the Japanese to the Philippines and Hawaii. The American fleet after the attack on Pearl Harbour. Fires and shipwrecks. Trick: world globe, marked the advance of the Japanese imganzen Southern Pacific. Hong Kong falls to the Japanese in the hands. Singapore. Europeans leave the city and go on a ship. Burning tanks. Japanese officers celebrating the victory with toast. Landscape of Burma. Tanks and jungle war. Here began the Allied triumph. Close to Admiral Niemitz, alone in the picture, Commander of the Allied fleet. Pilots, guns, fighting on the Islands, dead. General Mac Arthur's Entourage through the shallow water in the Philippines. The Allied fleet. Admiral Frazer, Commander of the British fleet, close. Japanese suicide pilots. Barrage of defensive guns. Crashes of aircraft, burning in the sea. Start the American Super fortresses after Japan. In Potsdam: Attlee, Truman, Stalin. London: Piccadilly, moving in front of the Buckingham Palace with pivoted Ami flags.
1st the 3rd American fleet got in the fight with the Typhoon during the operations in the waters of Okinawa under the command of Admiral Healt in one of the worst typhoons to any sailor can remember. ... Just before the bug was been cleared by all crew members. This is the detached bow. He stays back while she can zurükkehren Pittsburgh despite the heavy damage, under own power to its base. As the Typhoon subsides, the bow of another boat in tow is removed and recovered. The Pittsburgh receives a temporary bug. 21 damaged ships, 19 still on the high seas have been repaired, so fast and so thoroughly that they could participate in the bombardment of the Japanese mother country again shortly thereafter.
02. firewood for the winter lack of fuel will be one of the most serious problems, the coming winter in Europe. Therefore any procurement of firewood must now help in the summer and autumn. Here the trees in a suburb in Gmünd in Württemberg are like, debarked and cut. The work is under direction of the Allied military authorities. Every working man, most of them are former members of the armed forces, must work three days in the Woods, to be entitled to a ration of wood. Women and children collect the chips, pine cones and twigs. The wood is chopped by the boys. Above in the bottom Chamber the firewood is stored up precious fuel for the coming winter.
03. bomber bounces himself against skyscraper at dawn of one foggy July day occurred high above the rooftops of New York of one of the weirdest accidents in the history of aviation. A Mitchell bounced bomber with full speed against the 79th floor of the highest building in the world, the Empiere State Building, 102 floors high rises. The explosion of gasoline, tore up the lift cabin, the elevators plunged into the depths, the Fire Brigade had the... Still wear 79 floors. Meanwhile, the rescue teams recovered the injured. 13 were killed, including the three-man crew of the aircraft. A young girl crashed with an elevator from the 80th floor and was unhurt, as if by a miracle. The repairs to the skyscrapers are already in full swing.
04. Alps holiday 400,000 French children receive a vacation in the Alps for French children now after the long war years of privation of southern France. ...
05. the largest flying boat in the world in Baltimore, shortly before the start of the new American Riesenflugbottes Hawaii Mars. The first boat of this type crashed during a test flight without human loss. The Hawaii Mars has following impressive dimensions: height 13m, length 36m, wingspan... m and a weight of 72.5 tonnes. 8000 horsepower drive the flying boat that can fly non-stop from America to Europe and back. The Hawaii Mars has the roominess of a House with 15 rooms. Originally intended for troop transport for the far Eastern theatre of war, this flying boat will be used now to the normal passenger service in all parts of the world.
06. Swedish Sortler in London London celebrates the sports festivals. The first major international athletics event brought the two Swedish miracle runner gunder Häg and Arne Andersson after years at the start. At the White City Stadium saw over 50,000 spectators gunder Häg in the two mile run. Only from 2nd place - then he goes into the lead and eventually runs on the other box and away. He beat the British record by 2.8 seconds. The 1-mile race. The Swede Arne Andersson assumes equal to the leadership. Now a sensation. The English Sergeant and former world record holder Widderson sprints in the final round and overtaken Andersson. The last curve. Long Swede turns on, happens Widderson and WINS. Its time for the 1 mile coresponding of a 1500m time of 3 minutes 50 seconds, a good performance and a great race.
07. Solar Eclipse darkened the Sun for 76 seconds on 9 July 1945 himself. At an Observatory in northern Sweden is trafn famous astronomers of around the world, to the observation of the solar eclipse. The telescopes will be tested Once again. The reflector is adjusted. The Eclipse begins. First, a small part of the Sun by the Moon is obscured, a larger sector. The event will be filmed. Great total solar eclipse. This Himelerscheinung will happen again on June 30, 1954.
08 harvest work here in a concentration camp in Schleswig-Holstein German soldiers await their release. On behalf of the British military Government of the German camp commander tells them their new task. Harvest work, work on the field, working on farms. You are checked for their reliability and get your release notes. A triangular patch on the uniform are said that they released for vital work in Germany. On trucks, they are driven in the farms. The farmers are happy about the arrival of urgently needed workers. The harvest is brought in. Since the 7 Jul more than 24,000 Wehrmacht members for much-needed work in Germany were dismissed in the Eutin of district of.
09th Japan capitulated - allies crush world domination plan peace, total peace on all fronts. Gone are the years of murder and destruction. So, London celebrates the news of the surrender of Japan. Almost four years have passed since the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbour. The Japanese army under Emperor Hiro Hito held for unbesieglich. She had modern weapons, reckless driving and unstoppable lust of conquest. Japan's fate was sealed in Potsdam. The atomic bomb and the Declaration of the war Russia accelerated The end. 1931, the great Japanese adventure, the quest for world domination began with the attack on Shanghai, and Manchuria. For 14 years the Chinese people suffered the cruelty of the Japanese conquerors. The first round has been won. Japan conquered Manchuria. in 1937, Shanghai was again on fire. The bombers of yesteryear appear primitive today, but she left destruction, misery and death of the defenceless civilian population. Refugees poured into the international conclave of Shanghai in such quantities that the gates had to be closed. Now China's heaviest period began. In December 1941 the attack occurred without previous declaration of war on Pearl Harbour, the blackest day for the American fleet in the Pacific Ocean. Many units were sunk on that day, damaged and knocked out. Now, Japan was the leading power of the fleet in the Pacific. Within 100 days the Japanese overran the Southern Pacific, threatened Australia, aimed to India, also Hong Kong was the rush to the victims. More peace-loving people came under the Japanese rule of tyrant. And then Singapore. The case of this European bastion in the far East was the culmination of the Japanese triumph. Some of the women and children could still be moved, for everyone else began a time of horror. The advance of the Japanese appeared unstoppable. Its military leaders celebrated the victory already. The Japanese stood before the gates of India. The turning point came At last in the jungles of Burma. The 17 men. Army, commanded to by Louis Mountbatton, proven as better jungle fighters as the Japanese and their opponents pushed back piece by piece. The Allied triumph began. Admiral Niemitz led the Allied fleet in the Pacific, from triumph to triumph. The humiliation of Pearl Harbour was Avenged. An island was recaptured after the others, milestones on the way to the Philippines, after Ibuschima, Okinawa, according to the Japanese mainland. The Philippines will be recaptured, General MacArthur has redeemed his promise. It is a proud day for him, as he puts the foot on the liberated territory. The Allied fleets dominate the Pacific. After World War II in Europe, strong forces under Admiral Frazer unite with the American fleet to the occupation of the Japanese master. The Japanese use their suicide pilot in the last desperate defense. Dedicated to dead pilots who To try to overthrow their bombs on Allied ships. But not one hundred comes through. In swarming, they fall the Allied Defense to the victim. This is the final phase. The new American Super fortresses attack Japan from bases in the Mariana Islands, destroy its industry and destroy its supply links. The Japanese war machine will be destroyed as well, like earlier German. In Potsdam, Germany's future is regulated. Here, too, The end of its Japanese ally is regulated. Victory after years of bloody struggle, victory for the advocates of freedom and peace for all mankind, the goal of the United Nations.