01 Paris: Pétain condemned building exterior of the Palace of Justice in Paris. Pétain enters the courtroom. The will. Come the judges. The audience rises. The defenders keeps his plea. Crowded courtroom. Swing from the ceiling to the room. The judge renders the judgement. Statements of witnesses: Paul Renaud, French Prime Minister at the time of the German invasion. Daladier, former Prime Minister, President life r, former Prime Minister Leon Blum, General Began, General doyen, former Prime Minister Herriot, leader of the French resistance movement Marcal Paul, General Gamelin. In the prisoner van, Pierre Lavalle is brought and enters the room under guard. The former Prime Minister and Nazifreund Pierre Lavalle makes his statement.
(116 m) 02. Destroyed bridges in the Rhine, the Rhine is made again navigable. Blasting the Rüdesheimer railway bridge. Floating giant crane on the Rhine. Giant anchor is lowered. Big bridge piers. (39 m) 03. London: before the trial of the war criminals negotiating table. Preparations for the Nuremberg trials are completed. Robert Falcon represents France, Professor Treilin signed for Russia. The Vice President of the Supreme of Russian court Tischukajo in the picture. England is represented by the Lord Chancellor Lord Jouet, America by Federal Judge Robert Jackson.
(31 m) 04. England's most modern airliner drawing Office of a British aircraft plant. The hull material of the largest airliner in the factory Hall. Interior Design. Model of the aircraft. Model of a helicopter to be used as flying hack. Men at the helm of the helicopter under construction. Propeller size. Workers visit the inside of the giant aircraft and check the seats, which can be turned into sleeping berths.
(45 m) 05. Norway: return to rebuild German soldiers go with luggage on board a ship in Norway.
(22 m) 06. A train work to France rail network from a station on a bridge. Destroyed railway stations and bridges. Tangle of wreckage. Bridges in the water. Cracked viaducts and tracks. Construction work on the railway network. Steel girders are installed. Hammering and work on locomotives. Tanks, freight cars and locomotives are unloaded from ships. Working groups continue in freight trains. Thresholds are set. Turnout will be driven and moved. A train leaves. He goes over a bridge.
(97 m) 07 Oslo: help for Norway port of Oslo. The ship Montevideo brings food. Sacks are unloaded by cranes. Two boys to watch. Sugar and coffee sacks are placed in a storeroom and transported on carts.
(40 m) 08 Holland Delft celebrates Prince Bernhard. Prince Bernhard stands on a balcony in Delft. In a jeep, he drives himself in uniform through a cheering crowd, who congratulate him on his 34th birthday. He walks down a guard of honor and saluting before the fallen monument. (29 m) 09 Göppingen: wood for the reconstruction of a forest near Göppingen in Württemberg. Trees are cut down. The tribes fall to the ground. American soldiers and German workers are at work. Removal of the tribes on carts on paths. The strains are processed in the sawmill. The boards are piled up in the yard and transported by freight trains.
(61 m) 10 last fight pictures from the Pacific a Japanese suicide plane crashes on the Nevada. The crew put the fire on the deck. A wheel of the plane and the Japanese flag appear large as remains of the aircraft. Wounded are wearing. An aircraft carrier is being attacked. The attack is filmed with a movie camera by Board of (vague). Clouds of smoke. The ship is on fire. Damage to be repaired. Aircraft are thrown overboard.
[...] The former Prime Minister Daladier, the former French President life r, former Prime Minister Leon Blum. He was deported in February 1942 to Germany. Also General Desgens is called. General Nestor, the former Prime Minister Herriot, who was found by the allies in a German concentration camp. Marcel Paul, one of the leaders of the French resistance movement. General Gamelin. Pierre Lavalle is located in this prison vans. Under strong cover, he enters the courthouse to the final hearing in case of Pétain. Soon, the former Prime Minister of the strenuous worker of national socialism will have to answer for themselves at this point. Then France will make its judgment of him.
02. the Rhine is navigable again made American army engineers take the eviction of the Rhine of obstacles to make the power as soon as possible again navigable. A charge of explosives from 33 tons to dismantling the debris of the Rüdesheimer railway bridge, blocking the waterway. The bridge, like almost all Rhine bridges, was blown up by the army during their retreat. This floating giant crane was built in Holland. He can lift a load of 250 tons, and will accelerate the removal of obstacles from the river Rhine and rafters. Navigation on the Rhine is intended mainly for the transport of food and fuel for the coming winter. The allies have used all forces for the acceleration of the space work and larger stretches of the Rhine will be passable before the autumn.
03. before the trial of the war criminals in London, concluded meetings which aimed to make the main war crimes court as quickly as possible. Wound decided the formation of an international military tribunal for the trial of war criminals [...] [.. .] Great Britain, America, Russia and France sign. France is [...] Ret type Falcon signed Professon Kreinin representative for Russia. Nikutschenko, Vice President of the Supreme Soviet [...] the English Lord Chancellor Lord. Lord Jouet and the American Federal Judge Robert Jackson. Are all preparations for a speedy process start in Nuremberg.
04. England's most modern airliner [...]
05. return to rebuild more and more members of the Wehrmacht left Norway, to the reconstruction in Germany to help actively with. This group of 1500 includes agricultural workers and technical specialists. After landing they are used in Lübeck on the fields and industries to essential work. They return to their professions of peace and serve the best benefit of the general public.
06. work to France rail network the upgrading of the rail network in Europe is a task of first-order. Supplying the population with fuel and food great part depends on the means of transport, during their retreat, the Wehrmacht destroyed the French Bridge, Verschiebebahnhöfe, and intersections. Allied Airmen bombten ammunition trains and troop transport of the fleeing Wehrmacht. The French transport system was in chaos. But immediately after the liberation of France the French started to refurbish its railway network. Cartloads, shunting, railway bridges, bridges over the Loire, the Somme, the Seine, the Marne, everywhere will now quickly, thoroughly worked, often with the help of Allied soldiers. Ecclestone will be re-established. What was destroyed in seconds, needed months of reconstruction. Damaged machine parts are replaced on the locomotives. New tank and freight cars and locomotives from England and America are unloaded in the ports. Allied groups go anywhere where to do important work. Kilometer by kilometer of destroyed Geleises will be put right. Another line is operational, another train leaves, another bridge is crossed. This is the 1000th locomotive [...]. [...]
Help, as she was already Holland, Belgium, Greece and other ravaged Nations, although in their countries, wealth in scarcity and surplus in careful rationing has transformed the war. Sugar and coffee form the first broadcast. After the unloading in the port of Oslo, they are transported to the Interior of the country, needed tonic for the Norwegian population during their first winter of peace.
08th Holland celebrates Prince Bernhard Prince Bernhard's 34th birthday was celebrated as a national holiday in the liberated Holland. The Prince on a journey through the streets of Delft Netherlands goes in the self-directed Flash car. Jubilant residents of the city lined the streets. Prince Bernhard takes off a parade of Dutch troops and inspected the guard of honor. He salutes the before the flower-filled Memorial, the memory in the struggle for freedom 1940 - 1945 Gefallnen.
09 wood for the reconstruction of wood is important for reconstruction, as a building material for houses, for railway sleepers, for coal mines, for bridges, for transport, for countless industries, for almost every craft. Wood is important. The work in the forests is therefore important. In a Grove in the vicinity of Göppingen in Württemberg pines are like here, which removes branches and cut the stems. The work is under the direction of the Allied military authorities. About a quarter of Germany's is covered with forests and Holzungen. Many armed forces personnel, especially special workers are released from captivity to take part in the reconstruction of the German forestry and wood industry. Solid and practical woodworking were a specialty of the German industry has always been. You is the saw mill and factory workers now in the service of the reconstruction work, equally funded by the lumberjack in the Woods. The boards for the drying and subsequent removal are piled up behind the sawmill. Of the freight yard the planks are loaded, ready for wide use in rebuilding the German peace economy.
10 last fight pictures from the Pacific suicide planes, included in a fully bombed-out aircraft, which was Japan's last-ditch defensive effort against the inevitable collapse. A suicide plane plunges to the Nevada. Fire rages in the ship's hull and is deleted by the crew. Only the wheels and the Japanese flag were left by the aircraft. A suicide plane attacks the carriers Kygonterosa in the waters of Formosa. He is shot down and crashes into the sea. Also the next. The attacker coming back for more. One bouncing from them on the Kygonterosa. Dust clouds envelop the burning ship. The attack is recorded also by the Kygonterosa itself with a film camera. For hours raging fire, endangered ship and crew. Finally, the flames will be deleted the damage [...].
Persons in the Film
Began ; Bernhard von Holland ; Blum, Leon ; Daladier, Edouard ; Doyen ; Falcon, Robert ; Gamelin ; Herriot, Edouard ; Jackson, Robert ; Jouet ; Laval, Pierre ; Lebrain ; Paul, Marcel ; Pétain, Philippe ; Renaud, Paul ; Rudenkow
France ; Paris ; England ; Pacific ; Göppingen, Germany ; Delft ; Norway ; London ; Rüdesheim ; Oslo
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Railways ; Returnees, evacuees, Outlander ; Japan ; Justice ; Forestry ; Shipping ; Blasting ; Debris ; Buildings ; War, prisoners of war ; war crimes, war crimes ; Water ; water emergency ; Welfare, aid agencies, care ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Construction ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Foreign workers ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator