01 explosion accident in the port of Oslo ship debris. The fire removes with water pipes. Explosions. Cleaning-up operations in the port. Dead recovered. A charred corpse lies in ruins. German soldiers go to the shipment in the home. Debris sites in the harbour.
(42 m) 02. A memorial ceremony in Malmedy total of Malmedy. Allied troops marching on. American and Belgian flags on masts. A priest dedicates the Memorial. Mourners. Inscription of the stone. Snow. American soldiers dig out the murdered comrades. At the edge of the German prisoners of war stand with arms raised. Flowers are laid down at the Memorial. Greet Allied troops. A boy lays down flowers.
(43 m) 03. Start of a Jet and flight, close to the fastest airplane in the world. Children watch behind a fence. Various settings of the Jet shooting star. Launch and flight.
(26 m) 04 Mittenwald: Italians return home from Germany railway wagons. In Mittenwald get Italians off the train and walk to the transit camp in a former infantry school. Delousing station. Delousing with a syringe. March to the dinner reception. Women serve in large pots. With filled cooking dishes return March in long series. Day in the open air. Departure on trucks over the Brenner pass and in freight trains. Crowded freight train waving returning home.
(72 m) 5th forest fire in United States burning trees, smoke. Firefighters come in. Trees are cut down. A deer in the burning forest, short. Scorched bare trees.
(21 m) 6th vity: penicillin penicillin in a glass bottle and the medicine cabinet. Manufacturing process in a chemical factory. Bottles are stacked and sterilized equipment. Bottles are packaged on a stand. Liquid is bottled and shells are placed in a container. Hands turn a wheel. Thermometer, large. Powder is weighed on scale and bottled, and resolved. Penicillin in bottles. (65 m) 07. The flying telephone wire soldiers lift telephone wires in boxes on a plane. Wire wrapping in the boxes. A tube to drain the wire out of the plane. Start. Pilot in the cockpit. A parachute with the beginning of the wire falls to the ground and absorbed by ground troops. Wire unravels itself. Recordings from the plane. The end falls back with a parachute. Aerial photographs of the area. Ground crew installed the line and on the phone.
(59 m) 8th United States Sports Festival in Nuremberg United States Sports Festival. Start of the 1500 m run. Flags at the edge of the stadium. American soldiers as an audience. The winner is a lieutenant. Officers clap. Discus throw. High jump. Pole vault. General Patton is the jump pit. 100 m run.
(44 m) 09 camera Rundschau in Stuttgart debris. Two men in the reconstruction of houses. A Mason builds. Stones will be discharged. Maurer from debris. Masons at work, close-up. Road with burnt-out upper floors. The shops are open again. Sausage in a shop window, close. Man prior to the showcase, seen from the inside. People entering a shop. Sales to allies prohibited sign on the door. Circus tent. Children at the box office. Clown with musical instruments. and Clowngesichter, great. Balancing act in the primitive tent. Dancers with veil in the semi-darkness.
(76 m) 10. The world celebrates the peace Washington: crowds in front of the White House. President Truman reads the surrender of Japan. Reporter walk away with the message. Cheering crowds. A soldier is lifted onto the shoulders. Large headline in the newspaper Japan Surren Bagheri. Chicago: Cheering people on the street. San Francisco: shredded paper are thrown. In the Chinese quarter joy among the Chinese. Seattle: City moving with a white horse to the memory of Emperor Hirohito's famous mold. Sign go to it Admiral. New York: Crowds, streamers falling from the buildings and people throw at. A soldier kisses his wife. Night: In the spotlight of Broadway and crowded streets. Canada: People laughing and waving. London: Dance on the street. Flags are waved. Illuminated by spotlights the St. Paul Cathedral, great. Front of the Buckingham Palace crowd. The Royal couple travels to the State opening of Parliament. The Parliament building. Come to the opening of Parliament: members of the House of Lords, Lord Halifax, Lord Simon, the American Ambassador Whyman. The representative of Saudi Arabia, the Belgian Ambassador, the American Admiral star. The carriage of the King is approaching. The King and Queen greet from an open car. Front of the Buckingham Palace, a large amount of expected the return of the King. People are pushing. On the balcony of the King, the Queen and the two princesses.
01 in the port Oslo 20 persons were killed explosion accident in the port of Oslo and ammunition violated several 100 exploded, which was intended for the sinking in the sea as a ship's cargo. New explosions hindered the unloading operations. Also a number of German prisoners of war were among the victims to the Norwegian, British and American soldiers. 2000 of them were located in the port area to embarkation after Germany. American army ambulances participated in the rescue of the wounded. Later, the German soldiers resumed the March to their ships. As a result of the explosion, 2 freighter sank in the harbour. The air pressure brought a fully laden freight train derailed and caused material damage in the town and port of Oslo.
02. a memorial ceremony in Malmedy Malmedy in Belgium. Allied troops marching to the ceremonial inauguration of a memorial for 124 American soldiers. The 24 were during the battle of the bulge in the last winter of the Wehrmacht captured and later bloodily crushed by SS troops. The American Ambassador. The inscription on the Memorial reads: "The war age fan genes from overseas, who liberated Eastern Belgium Nazi cruelty to the victim." Thus, Belgium American soldiers found their murdered comrades after the liberation. 124 rigid unburied corpses. This German Wehrmacht prisoners were witness to this crime against humanity and every martial law. The stone will keep alive the memory on the mass murder of Malmedy as a brand for the killers and a memorial for its victims.
03. the fastest airplane in the world 14.4 kilometres per minute, 864 kilometers an hour, that is the fantastic speed of the latest American Jet "shooting star". The nozzle principle has been developed on this plane to a previously unattainable shining performance. Travel London - New York will take less than 6 hours in the shooting star. A fairy tale becomes a reality. As in the past from city to city, so you can travel in the future from continent to continent in just a few hours. Originally built as a fighter aircraft the shooting be now star in the peaceful world transport service.
04. Italian home sweeping Germany Mittenwald in the Postbayrischen Alps. These men are Italians, former prisoners of war and civilians who worked under duress for the German war economy. By this transit camp, once a mountain infantry School of the Wehrmacht, they will take their trip home over the Brenner pass. The delousing site. 1500 people are handled here using electrically-operated injection in 2 hours. Going to the farewell meal in Mittenwald, where passengers meet after years of good meals and decent treatment. There are two daily meals in the camp and to everyone is a robust soup made of meat and vegetables and hearty bread. Lithuanians and Estonians, itself standing before the journey home, Cook and serve meals. Before the departure from the home, an Italian priest hold the morning mass, a day of liberation and return, and then the Abfehrt. Men in Northern Italy [...] [...] be sent back to their homeland.
05 [...] A forest fire destroyed forest fire in the United States in the North American State of Oregon [...].000 hectares of best trees. 2000 firefighters had to move out to fight the fire. Dry leaves and fern herb närhrten the flames, they simplified to Stormwind. A camp fire by careless tourists caused the fire. Many animals of the forest fell to the flames. The fire disaster weighs so heavy at a time where every meter of wood in the world is needed to compensate for the damage of the war.
06. 6 penicillin the experiences of 6 long years of bloody war have penicillin as one of the most important scientific achievements of all time the remedies indicate, as one of the most modern and effective weapons against illnesses such as pneumonia, syphilis, diphtheria and many others. This chemical plant in Vitry in France produced the formula invented by English chemists. The process is provisionally still lengthy and complicated. At this stage of the manufacturing process, the solution in bottles is filled and delivered in 6 metre sterilization equipment. The penicillin itself is extracted from the liquid in the bottles, but previously always concentrated solutions must be prepared. 150 of these bottles revealed only a single dose of penicillin. This French factory produces monthly 3000 such units. Because of its rarity and difficult way of producing penicillin was approved during the war Go ahead the treatment of volunteers of all armies. But everywhere, researchers working on the simplification and improvement of the production process and new application possibilities. The final product is a brown powder. The powder is dissolved in water and then evaluates the substance for the injections himself. Penicillin has helped during the war of hundreds of thousands and saved them. Millions will enjoy his blessings in the years of peace.
07. the flying telephone wire telephone wires, placed aircraft over long distances and difficult terrain, which is the latest method to establish contact with isolated outposts. The wire in this box is wrapped so that it easily slips from the aircraft without wrap themselves up to. Through this tube, the wire is reeled off, isolation prevents friction. Each plane can throw 21 km wire and 1 miles of telephone wire in 30 seconds can be set. American military pilots perform the task without special training. A plane bringing The end of the wire at the agreed point. Over long distances and any kind of terrain, mountains, forests, canyons, torrents. The flying telephone wire, an invention of the war, is limited but not to war purposes. It will enable the connection in the future with cut off victims of floods and other disasters with explorers in jungles and ice deserts, with stray climbers, with ships in distress. A second parachute comes the end of the wire. The ground crew get it. Shortly thereafter, already the phone connection in the way of the flying wire work.
08 [...] .] Sports Festival the first athletics event of the American occupying forces in Nuremberg Nuremberg. It began with the 1500 m race. The best runner of the American occupation army take part in the race. A centre audience sees an exciting race. An exciting final battle. The winner is a Lieutenant from Connecticut. Also senior officers are present among the spectators. The discus throw. The vault is won by a Negro. The pole vault is a specialty of the American sportsman. Alternate Orthodezer and modern style. General Patton's looking at it up close. At the end of the 100 m race. An American Sergeant WINS him nearly. A successful event. Participants and audience are both satisfied.
09 camera Rundschau Stuttgart just weeks ago was Stuttgart most parts only a tattered shambles. Meanwhile, Stuttgart has worked hard and gradually finds its way out of the chaos. The heaviest damage are fixed, debris and rubble cleared away. The streets are once again visible, new homes are built. Under direction of the Allied military authorities, important parts of the railway facilities have been made operational again. One-third of the pre war tram running back and an average 310,000 passengers a day. Business life begins to rain again. Even though the upper floors are burned out, the shop on the ground floor may make. Sausage, even if it is rationed, has long No more located in the display. At Alfred Böhm in the King's Road, there is cheese, but only for the civilian population. The sale of the scarce food on the occupation forces is prohibited. A travelling circus has arrived on the outskirts of the city, a celebration especially for the children who so long had to give up all the pleasures of youth. The show begins, and for a few hours enjoy small and large of Stuttgart of the vertebra and Flitters of arena. Also the small conversations belong to the major problem of reconstruction. Also humble beginnings fulfil an important task. In this circus tent in Stuttgart, there are only happy and laughing children on this night and every night.
10. the world celebrates the peace this documentary shows how the Allied Nations welcome the peace. After President Truman had made the historical message of the surrender of Japan, and the rapporteur with the sensational news of them collapsed, a cheering crowd outside the White House in Washington is pushing. This is Chicago. It looks today in America. San Francisco, the gateway to the far East jumps. No troop transports are going to the front, no hospital ship bringing more wounded. Chinatown has particular reason with to celebrate. In Seattle same range of reactions, from a quiet gratitude to the Rapture. A city moving with a white horse. He should remember famous mold on Hirohito. New York white, as we celebrate festivals, but as this time it after never celebrated. Because never before has a smoke given occasion. Clouds of paper envelop the people, and as late at night, the headlights play, they To find still no gaps in the densely crowded lot. Canada on the victory day. Everywhere The same panorama of gratitude, the relief, the joy. [...] Front city of London. The weapons laid aside forever, the tools for a short break. For flags and joy [...] the London the day of winning peace and [...] Saint Paul, a great symbol of Britain and freedom lies in the rays of the spotlight. A lucky train the first peace day to the day of the opening of Parliament by the King of England. Hundreds of thousands are facing Buckingham Palace, where the Royal couple begins the journey to Westminster. Others wait in front of the Parliament building. Lord Halifax arrives first. The former Lord Chancellor Lord [...]IMON, the American Ambassador Wymen. Members of the House of Lords, the representative of Saudi of Arabia, the English Ambassador, the American Admiral star and finally the car with the Royal couple. The King arrives at the opening of the first Parliament of the peace in the House of Lords. Meanwhile, a larger quantity expected the return of the Royal couple in front of the Buckingham Palace. When the Landaber runs a thunderous cheers resound. This huge amount is a cross section of the Allied world of today. British men and women, and with them many of their American brothers in arms and nationals of the other Allied Nations, all call for the King. The King and Queen show up on the balcony with the two princesses. This is the highlight of the London Peace celebration.
Persons in the Film
Winant, John Gilbert ; Bergner, Elisabeth ; Stark, Harold R. ; Wahba, Ḥāfiẓ ; Brütting, Georg ; Truman, Harry S. ; Hirohito ; Margaret Rose ; Simon, John Allsebrook ; Halifax, Edward Frederick Lindley Wood of ; Patton, George S.
Nuremberg ; Stuttgart ; London ; Gotha ; Oslo ; Malmedy ; Oregon ; United States ; Mittenwald ; Washington ; Chicago ; San Francisco ; Seattle ; New York ; Canada ; Vity
Trade, finance ; Returnees, evacuees, Outlander ; Japan ; Disasters ; Children ; Explosions ; Flags ; Fire ; fire protection ; Foreign workers ; News, communications ; Political events ; Shipping ; Cities ; Animals (except dogs) ; Debris ; Buildings ; War, prisoners of war ; Kissing, kissing scenes ; Curfew ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Medicine ; People ; Circus ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Construction ; Crew ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; German 99.169 weekly show GmbH: ; Fire brigade ; Foreign workers ; Telekommunikation ; Mittenwald ; Destruction ; Gedenken ; Sport ; Flugzeug ; Leichtathletik ; New York, NY ; Waldbrand ; Repatriierung ; Kriegsverbrechen ; Zwangsarbeiter ; Pazifikkrieg / 1941-1945 ; Malmedy / Massaker / 1944 ; Kriegsgefangener ; Displaced Person ; Ardennenoffensive ; Weltkrieg / 1939-1945 ; Washington, DC ; Stuttgart ; F-80 ; Malmedy ; Soldat ; Oslo ; Kriegsende ; Kapitulation ; Schiffsunfall ; London ; Chicago, Ill. ; Findbuch Welt im Film
Translated by Microsoft Translator