1st United States: Idlewild, the world's largest airport airfield with taxiways, from above. Crowd at the opening. Truman gets out of car, half-close. Truman and Dewey shake the hand, half-close. Parade of propeller aircraft and jet fighters. Flight squadrons. People look up.
(32 m 2) Germany: political developments a. Herrenchiemsee: preparatory constitutional Committee meeting politicians go in the Park. Conference. Among the Conference participants Carlo Schmid, Otto Suhr.
(21 m) b. zone boundary between Bizone and French Zone lifted shield borders control please cards ready hold. Vehicles drive past border control. Train via Rhine bridge. Open Turnpike near Karlsruhe, Germany.
(22 m) 03 Herne: caring for the miner miners in coal mining underground. Miners go in consultings, sitting in the waiting room and be examined by a doctor. Men when inhaled. Bathroom. Massage, sunlamps. X-ray. Miners in recreation centre. Bathing in the swimming pool. (35 m) 4th students help themselves: exterior - Technische Hochschule, Munich, students in the Lecture Hall. Students in the student job placement. Student as a bricklayer on construction, roof covering, in the repair of watches and radios, city view hotel on city overlooking the Church of our Lady, as porters, as a telephone operator in hotel, as poster adhesive, as a babysitter during the loading of potatoes, chopping wood, carpet knocking, babysitter. Students at the lecture. Medical lecture.
(62 m) 5th London: end of the Olympic Games military: riders get on horse. Jump over obstacles and ride through the terrain. Rider falls from his horse. Jump over the moat. First, Captain rides Chevalier by the goal, France. Weightlifting: Various weight-lifter. It wins light heavyweight Garland Stanczyk, United States, with a new record. Hockey: Final: India wins against England 4:0 closing ceremony. Catchment of the teams, Greece, Austria, Belgium, England. The Olympic flame. Flag bearer. The President of the international of Olympic Committee Sigrid Edström speaks. Stadium audience. The fire goes out. The Olympic flag is inserted and worn out.
(79 m) 6th Berlin streiflichter Globemaster aircraft in RAF Gatow. 20 tons of flour sacks are loaded from the transport area of the aircraft. Plane in Tempelhof with large paper rolls as cargo for newspapers. Loading/unloading of the roles. Inscription: Deutscher Verlag. Exhibition in Steglitz. "" In the "Haus der Wirtschaft" shoes, Crystal, dresses, hats, electric appliances and dollhouses. Football: HSV - tennis Borussia 4:1 game scenes. Shot on goal, half-close. Russian soldier catches up with the Russian flag from the headquarters. Empty work room of the General Kotikow with Stalin image. Flags of the Western allies on masts.
01 America: Idlewild.-largest airport in the world on long Iceland in New York released the largest civil airport in the world, Idlewild airport, the international air transport. 200,000 people came to the opening of this gigantic airfield to Idlewild. President Truman and his opponent for the presidential election in November, Thomas E. Dewey, Governor of New York, gave the opening speeches.
A promotional flight from 1000 of the newest, fastest and largest machines of the United States Air Force took Instead of to the simultaneous opening of an international air show. The airfield is seven runways have after its final completion, the longest of which 3.2 kilometres. A soundproof hotel, cinema, restaurants, sports grounds and shop streets are the passengers from all over the world available.
02. Germany: Political developments a. The preparatory constitutional Committee of the 11 Western German States Herrenchiemsee on the island of Herrenchiemsee in Bavaria has completed its work.
The elaborated draft recommends a Federal Government, a Bundestag and a Bundesrat for the new German State. As the name most of the Conference participants given the name "Bund deutscher Länder."
Also. Berlin should be represented in the Bundestag and the Bundesrat with a seat and a vote.
The work result of Herrenchiemsee is now the Parliamentary Council serve as the basis for the constitutional debates of the Council should begin its work on 1 September.
b. customs border in West Germany, the last substantial limitation in the Interzone has fallen. The travel between the French and the Bizone is subject to no control any more. A ceaseless stream of travelers and visitors in both directions over the zoning goes without a passport and permit. By car, rail, bicycle and on foot to cross the Rhine bridges again. At the major crossing points, traffic grew suddenly since the lifting of the passport free travel. Unlimited travel in the three Western zones became reality. An important step forward towards the restoration of normal conditions.
03. welfare for the miner with the support of the military Government was opened on the mine Shamrock Heine, Westphalia, the first consultings for miners. It is furnished according to modern hygienic aspects and is regarded as exemplary treatment facility for complaints and injuries of every kind. The medical care is free of charge for the pals and is supported by the associations. Special treatments to patients in several stations. Here is a state-certified medical personnel working under the direction of a Colliery physician. Serious cases are referred to a hospital. Except for the consultings, a rest home in weather on the Ruhr, in which especially relax and convalescents To find recording belongs to the Bill.
In one of the most important branches of the profession, started a workers care that is economically and socially essential.
04. students help themselves even at the Student Union's reputation has become after work and part-time a question of survival. Most of the students must earn the money for study and living. Student work placements To try everywhere to seek acquisition opportunities for the academics.
The term of the student is returning to honor. Architects and builders increasingly grab a trowel and help eradicate a sensitive lack of workers.
Students of the Faculty of technical lead with the help of devices their. University companies. Orders from. But any other work is accepted with joy and eagerness, for example repairing watches and radios by skilled and expert hobbyists.
Opportunity pursuits of every kind are also sought. Include the scholar as a luggage rack and the medical student as a telephone operator at the hotel booking in Munich to the daily image. Others stick posters - here for example the their own self-help organization in Karlsruhe. One call and the disciples of the Alma Mater appear via express mail to each desired service, even when a kids favorite as a baby present. The fare is different depending on the place and power, always bulky. Potato dealer looking for big men to shop, filling and housewives professional wood chipper for its winter wood or efficient carpet beater. Any occasion a cash earnings is perceived, to keep studying. And after serving as a professional and casual workers sit back in the Lecture Hall and prepares the actual career. Academic Junior, who can not get, even in more difficult times.
05. London: End of the Olympic Games until the last day of the Olympic Games there were exciting fights and narrow decisions. For the riders testing in Aldershot, the best international class had been reported. The difficulty of the railway was with their myriad of intricate obstacles. Here one of the most formidable obstacles: so to speak, a leap into the abyss. Served - and eliminated. A safety catch of ditches and hurdles concludes Once again. The first gallops through the target: Captain Chevalier won the gold medal for France. In the Earls Court Stadium are the Weightlifters in the work - a A lot acclaimed competition.
Here fighting the heavyweight class. The Americans continue their triumph. Garland Stanczyk, United States, set a new Olympic record with a total capacity of 417,5 kg.
The hockey final between England and India was a worthy conclusion at Wembley Stadium. Indians, has always been the uncrowned Kings of the hockey game, shined through masterful stock - and ball feeling and the crowded grandstands enthralled by pace, technique and tactics. They won 4-0.
And then, the huge arena to the solemn conclusion of the 14th Olympiad filled for the last time. Their undisputed success has viewers excited - as well as the participants. invisible millions listening with, unforgettable with sports enthusiasts all over the world.
America (38 gold medals) won the overall victory by a wide margin against Sweden and Hungary. Once again, the 59 flags of the participating Nations blow as the President of the International Announces The end of the games, Olympic Committee, Sigrid Edström and declared Helsinki to the venue of the next Olympic Games. The Olympic flame - lit first in the distant Greece - DIMS and goes out. And the Olympic flag, in which. Sign five continents fair and athletic kämpfter descends.
The Olympic Games of 1948 are finished.
06. Berlin streiflichter latest special report the American air force have initiated a new stage in the supply of Berlin as first goods that landed at the airfield of RAF Gatow. This huge transport plane brought 20 tons of flour for the Western sectors - a daily bread ration for 60,000 Berlin. An impressive performance in the record-breaking aircraft of the Western allies. But also in the temple yard there was something for the first time this week: the first paper supplies arrived by air. Paper for the democratic press in Berlin. Thus, these newspapers can appear continue to regularly - and To give the guarantee that the free reporting will never fall the Soviet blockade to the victims. She delivered a further proof of the constancy of the Berlin population in Steglitz, in the American sector, annual exhibition. over 50 companies and factories of a district exhibited their latest products in the Haus der Wirtschaft. Despite 8wöchiger currency crisis and extreme current constraints, the motto was: "The production goes on."
The same was true for the sports enthusiasts: 15,000 spectators attended the Mommsen Stadium, in the British sector, the HSV Hamburg (white shirt) football match against tennis Borussia, Charlottenburg,. The Berliners have made a fast start and led the halftime 1-0. But then the picture changed. The Hamburger put on steam and the final result was 4: 1 for Hamburg.
Now the Russians are At last ready to overtake their flag, after they [...] Weeks had left the Allied headquarters. The withdrawal of the Soviet staff was now complete. There was nothing back as the name General K [...] .]row at the door, and the picture of his head on the wall.
Where long time had blown 4 flags, now blow three - the flags of the Western allies. And these flags will remain.
Persons in the Film
Chevalier ; Dewey, Thomas Edmund ; Schmid, Carlo ; Truman, Harry ; Edström, S. ; Stanczyk, Stenley
London ; Berlin ; Herne ; New York ; Zone boundary ; Munich ; Herrenchiemsee
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Railways ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Higher education ; Emblems ; Flags ; Leisure, recreation ; Football ; Olympics ; Political events ; sports audience, sports spectator ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Medicine ; Transport: motor vehicles ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; Mining ; Berlin blockade ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator