1st people read newspaper "The evening" freedom of Berlin on the road. Magazine rack on the suburban. VW's roll Wunstorf near Hanover to aircraft on the station and will be shipped to Berlin. Mayor Dr. Friedesburg speaks out on the airfield of Tempelhof thanks to pilots, and presented them with homemade gifts from young people. Thanks to British pilots at the airfield of RAF Gatow.
(44 m) 2nd funeral Count Bernadotte crowd in Stockholm. Swedish flag to half-mast. Funeral procession with widow and two sons. King Gustav von Sweden get out of car. Scouts and members of the Red Cross escort the coffin.
(30 m) 3rd inner mission of centenary of the transparent road. Bishop Lilje lay down wreaths at the graves of the pastors Bodelschwingh at Bethel. Ceremony in the parish hall. Lilje says, half-close. General Bishop, British military Governor of North Rhine-Westphalia, with welcoming speech. Hospital and orphanage of the inner mission. Sister in children. Sister speaks with returnees. Food output. Sisters of the station mission bring children to train. Sister rides on bike and visited family. She are diseased product. Old people's home.
(41 m) 04 English coast: lighthouse at wind force 10 lighthouse in the surf. Lighthouse crew is rescued by ship on rope bridge. The crew aboard the ship.
(33 m) 05. Dedicated to increasing imports: Frankfurt autumn fair people on the exhibition grounds. Hamburg Pavilion. Erhard, starting, half-close. Household sewing machines. Machines, radios, Dutch jurisdiction, shoes with snow chains, Kleinstkugellager.
(36 m) 06. Every day 20,000 care packages for Germany care packages are packed. Paul Hoffmann, American representative for the European utility, great speaks interview. "As the administrator of the Government program, I am the glad to pay tribute to the helpfull activities of care and the other private agencies." Care packages are loaded on the ship. TRUCK with care packages. Issue of care packages. People go with packages.
(32 m) 7th football again internationally a. Munich - St. Gallen 5:1 happy welcomes Swiss team - does train station a. Train shield Zurich Stuttgart. Munich: Football Munich - St. Gallen 5:1 - people image filling. Football, great. Kick-off. Game scenes.
b. Stuttgart - Zürich 6:1 both teams before the game. Game scenes. Shot on goal. Entertainment at the break with Swiss flag wavers, Yodeling and Alphorn players. Viewers run after the game on the square.
(51 m) 08 Hesse collection for Berlin in Hesse helps Berlin. Several speakers at meetings. People Romans in Frankfurt. Farmers take sacks on cars. Boy with goose. Donations.
01 Berlin, city of freedom another important contribution to freedom in the Western of sectors of Berlin: the legal police trotect the sale of Western licensed newspapers at all stations of the Metro in the British, French and American sectors. And this is a new proof of the ability of the air-bridge: from the airfield of Wunstorf near Hannover of people cars of are brought to Berlin. These cars are to be used as radio cars for the western sector's police. At Tempelhof airfield the acting Castle Grandma ster of Berlin, Dr. Friedenburg, in the name of the magistracy express his thanks to American team. Gifts from Berlin youth are handed over. At Gatow, too, British of painuly are welcomed. Thus the population thanks the men who are in charge of the supplies to blocked Berlin.
02. Count Bernadotte Buried at Stockholm Count Folke Bernadotte what buried. Tens of thousands lined the road from Stockholm to Gustav Vasa church. His widow and his two sons follow the coffin of the deceased. King Gustav of Sweden, foreign representative of the United Nations, Swedish Boy Scouts and personnel of Red Cross attended.
03. 100 years of inner mission 100 years ago, in the Lutheran town of Wittenberg, the "inner mission" which established, the great relief program of the Protestant Church. On occasion of this anniversary the President of the inner mission, Bishop Dr. Lilje, lays wreaths on the tombs of the pastor of Bodelschwingh, who erected the largest at Bethel Christian establishment. Representatives of the military Government and clergy attended a meeting, which what opened by British military Governor General Bishop. The inner mission has 2700 establishment and homes and 4000 kin ERG artens, as well as community stations, station 4600 missions and out-side service with 46000 deacons and sisters.
04. English coast: Lighthouse autumn storms over the Atlantic. For more than three weeks the team on Wolf rock, a lighthouse on the South coast of England which is cut off from any connection with the land. Only by means of a rope bridge could the prisoners of the sea be released.
05. increased imports Frankfurt autumn fair the old trade city of Frankfurt a/main hero at the autumn fair in her newly errected fair halls. On a territory of 60000 square meters 1850 exhibitors display their products. Foreign firms are so represented. One hit of the fair: shoes with snow chains a protection one ice. The smallest ball bearing in the world. The fair novokuzneck sales of 600 million D-marks.
06. 20,000 care parcels every day for Europe next winter, every day, 20,000 care parcels are going to be shipped to Europe. Paul Hoffmann, American Director for the European relief program in his address outlined the performance of the care organization original sound already 6,000,000 care parcels have been sent by American citizens by the relief organizations to all distressed places on the globe. General Clay has ordered 80,000 care parcels with food for German orphans and hospital. 1000 parcels are being sent daily to blockaded Berlin.
Football - international again as after the first world was, Switzerland What is the first country to contact German sportsmen. Following on invitation of the American military Government, teams from Zurich, Basel and St. Gallen came to the American zone, to meet the German athletes. In Munich 40,000 fans saw the meeting of St Gallen and Munich, which ended 5:1 for Munich. The meeting of Stuttgart and Zurich before 70,000 fans ended 6:1 for Stuttgart. A Swiss band plays during half-time. At the end of the game the Swiss team is heartily cheered by the spectators.
08th Hesse helps Berlin in Hesse a collection for Berlin what hero. Money, food, clothes, and shoes were given. A total of several planes full were sent to Berlin. The money paid for the freight.
01. Freedom city of Berlin an important contribution to the freedom of expression in the Western sectors of Berlin: under the protection of the legal police the West licensed newspapers again on all light rail stations of the British, French and American sector sold. The right to choose his newspaper, is guaranteed as well as all other democratic rights continues in the Western sectors of the city blocked. And here a new proof of the versatility of the airlift: the British airfield Wunstorf near Hanover Volkswagen are flown to Berlin. Fresh from the factory, it goes right into the belly of the aircraft. The cars are intended for use as radio patrol cars for the police of the Western sectors of Berlin.
Berlin paid its thanks to the pilots of the air bridge. In Tempelhof, the incumbent Lord Mayor Dr. Friedensburg on behalf of the Municipal Council addressed words of recognition on a just-arrived American team. Homemade gifts from Berlin youngsters will be presented. Also in Gatow, there were congratulations for the English pilots. In this way, population Berlin shows her gratitude for the men who perform the supply of the blocked city day and night.
02. buried Count Bernadotte in Stockholm the mortal remains of the UN mediator in the conflict in Palestine, Count Folke Bernadotte, were solemnly buried. Tens of thousands lined the streets of the Swedish capital to the Gustav Vasa church.
The wife of the deceased and his two sons followed in the funeral procession.
King Gustav of Sweden, foreign diplomats and representatives of the United Nations have witnessed the solemn act.
Swedish Scouts and staff of the Red Cross led the coffin to the cemetery. Wreaths from all over the world arrived in Stockholm.
The ashes of the murder victims, who worked as a diplomat of humanity for a high goal, was buried in a family grave.
03. 100 years inner mission before 100 years of Lutherstadt Wittenberg the Interior mission founded in, the large Hilswerk of Evangelical Church. To celebrate of this day, the President of the inner put mission, Bishop Dr. Lilje, wreaths on the graves of the pastors of Bodelschwingh down. They built the largest institution of the Christian care in Bethel. He was joined by a ceremony in the Church parish hall. Representatives of the military Government and ecclesiastical guests of honor attended. General Bishop, the British military Governor of North Rhine-Westphalia, held the welcome speech. The inner mission has 2,700 institutions and homes and 4,000 kindergartens as well as 4,600 community nursing stations. She advises also returnees and refugees. Also the station mission belongs to the area of the inner mission, as the sales force, 46,000 Deaconesses and nurses perform. In the lustre of today gives the inner mission since a hundred years help and consolation for millions of needy.
04. English coast: lighthouse in wind strength l0 autumn storms over the Atlantic Ocean. For three weeks the crew of Wolf rock was cut off a lonely lighthouse on the South West coast of England of any connection with the Mainland.
After several futile attempts, which relieve caretaker manages - as the storm temporarily slowing - a last daring connection through the rope Bridge: The prisoners of the raging Atlantic Ocean floods come free. Dangerous moments of translation - but it succeeds: the crew of the Wolf Rock is on the way to the country - a dramatic chapter in everyday life of the lighthouse keeper is completed.
03 in the string increasing. imports: Frankfurt fall fair the ancient trading city of Frankfurt am Main with the autumn fair in 1948 their tradition as a trade fair city resumes. The exhibition centre of the city had been destroyed completely - now the halls are newly built. On a total area of 60,000 square meters, exhibitors will present their products in 1850.
The exhibition is devoted to increasing production and improving the domestic economic cycle. Frankfurt is committed to the goal, to serve primarily the rising import of raw materials with his mass - but also the export performance of these patterns show are remarkable.
Besides the German exhibitors are foreign companies.
Some hit of the fair: Shoes with snow chains as a slide in the snow and ice. The smallest ball bearing in the world - as opposed to a match.
The Frankfurt fair brought revenues of 600 million deutsche mark, a great success for exhibitors, buyers and the city of Frankfurt.
07. every day 20 000 care-packages for Europe in America are packed care packages on the running belt. In the coming winter, every day 20,000 care packages should be shipped to Europe. Paul Hoffmann, the American representative for the European utility, paid tribute to the care organization performance in his speech.
Six million care packages sent the American Civil and charitable associations in the emergency areas in the world. A huge stream of aid flowed into the war-ravaged countries. Until Christmas, General Clay has requested 80,000 care packages with food for German orphans and hospitals. 1,000 piece arrive daily at the time in Berlin blocked. Care packages on the running belt - a global utility!
08 football - international!
Swiss teams greeted joyfully as after the first World War Switzerland was the first country has resumed now again the relations with the German athletes. Worked, the cities teams from Zurich came at the invitation of the American military Government to play Basel and St. Gallen in the American zone, three cities games. In Munich St. Gallen and Munich faced in front of 40,000 spectators. By kick-off away a fair brisk game is developed. The Munich were superior, but the way of playing the Swiss in the audience was well received, and the individual efforts of the Confederates were cheered A lot. Munich finally won 5: 1 goals.
The meeting in Stuttgart against Zurich had match format in front of 70,000 spectators. Here, too, the local team was superior. After an exciting fight, it was to conclude a 6: 1 for Stuttgart. In the mid-term, a Swiss flag wavers shows his art. There are musical inserts of a Swiss chapel with Yodellers and Alphorn blowers. At the end of the game the masses flooding the place and the Swiss team is celebrated there.
09. Hesse helps aid for Berlin Berlin - under this motto, a collection was held in Hesse. In town and country, representatives spoke of Berlin to the Hessian population, as here in Frankfurt. And everywhere was donated: money, food, clothes, and shoes. Special events were Instead of also in smaller towns and everyone contributed its part to the donation.
The result: several plane loads of high-quality food and textiles. Of the donated money, the cargo can be paid to Berlin.
Hesse helps Berlin - an entire country is in the service of the good thing.