01 Germany Montgomery Montgomery is welcomed in the Rheinpark in Düsseldorf from Prime Minister Arnold, takes place next to him to tattoo the Scottish army. Marching Scottish military Chapel. Montgomery greeting, great.
(26 m) 02 Japan: floods devastated a town flooded streets of Ichinoseki. Debris. People Wade through mud. Mud in a school. Damaged telegraph pole. Overturned locomotive. Destroyed tracks. Praying Japanese. Bucket under water pipe. People at clean-up in the rubble.
(34 m) 03 news in Germany a. strike in the Bizone because inflation posters of trade unions. Stilliegende ships. Cinema closed. Trams in the depot. Stilliegende winding towers. Move of the unions and rally.
(25 m) b. Furth, Bavaria: passing Czech goods wagons for Germany in the framework of the Marshall plan shield America helps In the building of Europe these wagons of Marshall supplied plan! Pan across the new freight wagons. Acquisition by the German railway in Furth. Van Wagoner, great. Freight train runs.
(19 m) c. Rheinland: Martin's day children at the craft of paper lanterns. Children in Düsseldorf during the procession with lanterns. Saint Martin on a mould cuts through his coat with a sword.
(33 m) 04 pictures from around the world as United States: helicopter with Jet Propulsion nozzles the screw of the helicopter. The helicopter starts and flies.
(19 m) b. Australia: koala bear Koala bears sit in eucalyptus trees and eat. Young bear in the mother's pouch.
(15 m) c. United States: Rodeo man exceeds bockendem horse during a ride on another horse. Rider crashes. Rider on cops. Funny bull fighting.
(25 m) 5th London car show people in the exhibition. Jaguar on stand. Glass model. Convertible top lowers automatically at your fingertips. Car to test. Tires are filled with paste, closes the holes. Drill hole in the tire. Tyre drives over nails. There is no damage.
(32 m) 06. Berlin reports a 4-engined Skymaster lands Tegel as 1 aircraft at the new airport. General Cannon, the Commander-in-Chief of the US air force in Europe, get off. Welcome address by General Clay, General Herbert and General Ganeval. At the Tempelhof airport arrival of the American Defense Secretary Forrestal. Welcome address by General Clay. Departure of the car. The British air Minister Henderson visited the repair of aircraft with the Commander of the British air force in Germany Air Marshal of Williams in Gatow. Antenna mast in the Harz is set up for wireless connection to Berlin. Students at the institution of the free University. Wear furniture and books. 50th anniversary of the horse. Horse drives.
01 Montgomery in Germany: Field Marshal Montgomery, Chief of the Western Union Defence Committee, visited Germany. Guarded by Scottish troops at Düsseldorf Rhinepark he met high ranking Allied officers. Minister President Arnold of North-Rhine-Westphalia took a seat besides Field Marshal Montgomery, before 10,000 German spectators. Field Marshal Montgomery has left Germany to discuss questions of West European defence at Paris.
02. Japan: Floods A typhoon caused huge floods which lonliness Ichinoseki to the North of Tokyo. The floods came so fast that the population could't not take precautionary measures. 900 victims were found, 1,500 houses destroyed. Food and medicines were dropped by planes.
03. news from Germany: a. strike A 24 hrs. Bizonal strike what proclaimed by the trade unions as a protest against high prices. Only vital establishments were allowed to work. The trade unions asked for control of prices and a law against Racke tar. It what estimated that the bizonal economy lost 200 million D-marks by the strike.
b. freight cars 3,000 freight cars, are to be delivered to Western Germany by CSR factories as part of the Marshall plan. The first 75 cars arrived at Furth im Walde. Mr. van Wagoner, military Governor for Bavaria, officials participated in the handing over of the wagons to German rail road. According to the Marshall Plan 5 European countries are going to deliver freight cars to the Western zones for a total amount of 57 million dollars.
c. St. Martins day traditional St. Martin's day festival which revived in the Rhine district. Children carry their self-made lamps through the streets of Rhine towns and villages. At Düsseldorf 90,000 children paraded to the City Hall. According to the legend St. Martin shared his coat with a beggar. After the hosts the children go singing from house to house; many goodies are given to them.
04. news flashes from everywhere: a. Jet propelled helicopter the latest invention is a jet propelled helicopter. The jets are fastened to the wings and drive the plane forwards, upwards and even backwards.
b. Kaola bears, Australia thesis Australian Kaola bears carry their children in a bag, like the kangeroos. Eucalyptus leaves are their favourite dish.
c. Rodeo Cowboys favour rough Rodeo riding tests in Western America.
05. London motor car show at international motor car show what hero in London. Many new inventions, models and novelties were displayed. As production is alomost entirely for export the Londoners could only see and not buy. Another novelty for Moto Rist's what will each get the flat-tire-proof paste which, put in the tire, automatically closes and prevents accidents.
06. Berlin report: Berlin reports the finishing of Tegel airfield, which what time constructed in record. The first Skymaster lands, bringing General Cannon, Commander-in-chief of the U.S. air force in Europe. General Clay, British General Herbert, French General Ganeval and other leading personalities were present.
This airfield makes possible essential increase of the air lift to Berlin. At Tempelhof airfield the American Secretary for Defense, Forrestal arrived for discussions with leading. American officials. At Gatow airfield British aviation Minister Henderson inspected the operations. Hey what accompanied by Air Marshal Williams, Commander of the British air force in Germany. The Ministers took special interest in the repair shop for British transport planes.
As telephone service to Berlin what ovorloaded, a radio telephone establishment what erected at the resin. The station has 45 meters high masts, and telephone calls are relayed through them directly to Berlin.
The long planned free University in Berlin's Western sectors of has recently come true. The students themselves furnish their new high school. Libraries and other material have been brought to Berlin on the air bridge. Most students left the Humboldt University because what it influenced by the SED. This winter the free University will be opened.
50 years ago the first horse-cars connected Schöneberg and Alexander place. The "good old times" revived with their romance when the original horse-street-car made another trip.
03. news from Germany: c. Martin Festival which celebrated Rheinland be traditional Martin Festival. Already weeks in advance the children made their stock lanterns at home and at school. With love and ambition, the colorful lanterns are designed, glued and painted, because every child wants to have the most beautiful Lantern. Martin evening itself, the burning Martin lanterns are carried through the streets and alleys of the Rhenish cities and villages. 90,000 children through the old town to the town hall - an ancient custom in honor of helpful St. Martin moved in Düsseldorf. The highlight of the celebration is the poor compared to the Division according to the legend recorded of the mantle - a symbolic act of charity.
After the Lantern move the children go from House to House singing and be gifted according to the tradition with sweets.
04. images from all over the world: a. helicopter the newest of the new world: a helicopter with jets drive. The discharge nozzles are mounted on both wings. They take the plane from the ground up - and they keep it in the air. It's less on the speed than on the freedom of movement. The vest pockets plane curves and gondelt, it can remain in the air and fly backwards.
The range is low, but this machine is well suited for observation purposes. If you don't like walking, inspected his property in this manner from the air.
b. Koala bears, this Koala bears, also highly To want - but they move slightly tapsiger. They live freely in Australia and are protected. Like the Kangaroo, they carry their young in a bag with him. Their favorite food: the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. Some have mastered a whole treasure of classical quotations... for example "who's cares, the scratch itself..." c. Rodeo and now something Wildbewegtes: the old, repeatedly appealing Equestrian Games in the American West. The cowboy gradually it becomes Too much - he goes around to the quieter pace. And back we go uphill - downhill.
Here's is classic concludes. Occurs the torero, the Bull is there... but together still no bullfighting.
The torero helps some, but invests the bull bull on the unexpected ground competition on... in the fight, cowboy!
05. London auto show: new car - new ideas in London at the international auto show, seen the latest cars. They were really Go ahead see, to buy very rarely, because all models are intended for export. Here a piece of the exhibition: the transparent car.
The peak of modern convenience: A push on the button and pull the hood rises and falls. And the high point of material testing conditions, how to find them on the worst roads.
The breakdown among the car and the breakdown - a new invention: a complete sealing can be achieved with a paste which is filled into the tube. Every crack, every hole closes by itself. Through this invention, the dreaded and often dangerous blowout becomes a minor matter. No more flat foot: Good prospects for fleet drivers.
06. Berlin reports Berlin reports the completion of the airport Tegel. This runway in the French sector of the city, was built in record time, true. The first machine lands, a four-engined Skymaster. She brings the Commander-in-Chief of the US air force in Europe, General Cannon. Welcome General Clay, the British General Herbert, the French General Ganeval and personalities leading others had gathered. The airfield allows a major expansion and strengthening of the airlift to Berlin Tegel. From Tegel to Tempelhof airfield. Here trafder American Defence Secretary Forrestal to meetings with American leaders a.
Gatow airfield: The British air Minister Henderson along with the new Commander of the British air force in Germany, Air Marshal of Williams, visited the Gatower airfield. The shipyard to repair of British transport machines located at the airfield was the special interest of the Minister.
And a bridge to Berlin: This time over the airwaves. Because the telephone cables are heavily congested after Berlin, built a facility for the wireless telephony in the Harz mountains to Berlin. By cable the calls be forwarded up to the station with his 45-metre antenna masts - from here are they sent through ultra-shortwave to Berlin, where the same system of antennas negotiations and performs the oncoming traffic.
The power supply cable is connected - the trial broadcast runs - in brief, the system is fully operational. A message from the scientific life: The long planned free University in the Western sectors is carried out now. The students set themselves their new school. Libraries and other study materials were flown from the Western zones of the airlift in Berlin. Most of the students turned his back to Humboldt-Universität in the Russian sector increasingly influenced by the SED. The free University is teaching in this winter semester.
And a Jubiläumsmelduug: 50 years ago drove the first Horsecar of Schöneberg to the Alexanderplatz in Berlin. This is it: small, slow - but full of comfort and verklungener romance. Some veterans from the power-off time were now again - on the ride through the Berlin of today.
Also at that time it was already to catch the right track! And then a wistful cheerful reminiscence of the good old time went there with a PS, in the Green - Schöneberg, in the month of May....
01 Montgomery in Germany, field marshal Montgomery, the Chief of the Defense Council of West Union, visited Germany. At a Zapfenstreich of Scottish troops at the Düsseldorf Rhine Park, he met with senior British and Allied officers. Prime Minister Arnold of North Rhine-Westphalia took on the Royal box alongside field marshal Montgomery square. 10,000 German spectators were present. Field marshal Montgomery has left Germany, to continue discussions about common Western European defence in Paris.
02. Japan: Floods devastated a town in Japan a storm surge devastated the city of Ichinoseki, North of Tokyo. A typhoon flooded two small rivers near the town. The water streamed through the streets part 2 meters high. The tidal wave was so surprising that the inhabitants could No more bring in security. After the fall of floods, they found 900 dead in the mud. 1500 homes were destroyed. No help in the city could reach about the interrupted railways and roads. The first food and medicines were dropped by aircraft.
03. news from Germany: a. strike 24 hours work in peace in the Bizone. The work stoppage from the unions was a protest against the rising prices. In most major cities, there was a Sunday. Industry and transport, with the exception of the vital structures, stood still. Some eight million workers and employees stayed away from their workplaces. Almost everywhere, the entire action went without a hitch. The Trade Union Council called for emergency measures in particular for a price check and a law against price gouging. In addition, the Trade Union action will lead to an adjustment of prices and wages. According to one estimate is the failure for the economy of the Bizone by the work stoppage on about 200 million deutsche mark.
b. freight cars, 3,000 wagons will provide Czech car factories in the framework of the Marshall plan in Germany. The first 75 cars arrived in the Bavarian border Furth in the forest. In the presence of the military Governor of Bavaria, van Wagoner, the cars of the German railway were taken over. The expansion of an efficient transport system is a fundamental condition for the recovery of the German economy. Overall, five European countries will provide within the framework of the Marshall plan freight cars for $57 million in the Western zones.