01. the millionth ton of and another landing from Berlin four-engined York machine at the airfield of RAF Gatow, great. The Commander of the British airlift units, Air Marshal of Williams is welcomed. Flag: 1,000. 000th barrel is kept out of plane. Sign you are leaving the american sector. East police built roadblocks on the border of the Soviet sector. Woman leaves man in a wheelchair over border. Meeting of the Presidium of the Städtetag in Berlin. Ernst Reuter speaks, great. Paul Hindemith conducted the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra in the Titania Palace. Poster. Snake before box office. Hindemith in his Symphony rehearsal it major, original sound.
(68 m) 02 sheep for New Guinea natives roam Highlands of New Guinea. They will provide aircraft, jump out of the sheep. White settlers To give instructions. Natives, that's great. Natives in sheep.
(33 m) 03 Ruhr area: performance curve increases smoking chimneys. Headframe. Miners in the mining of coal. Map of the Ruhr area. The Ruhr industrial plants. Steel production. Red-hot iron on rolling road. Coal freight train. Inland port. Coal will be loaded. Train.
(49 m) 04 sports a. England: Football Cup match Liverpool - Wolverhampton Wanderers 1:3 spectators filling picture. Boys are passed over the heads of the audience. Teams have to enter. Viewers with mascot and rattles. Game scenes. Viewers with a pipe, large. Wolverhampton shoots 1:0 spectators waving. Second half: Liverpool shoot the compensation. Spectators, half close and big. Goal 0, 2:1 and 3:1 for Wolverhampton.
(47 m) b. Bombay: Derby girls on the Racecourse in long saris. Betting switch. Horses run. Start. Favorite Balam WINS. Winning horse and jockey.
(17 m) c. Bischofshofen: ski jumping swing about media on the jump. Ski jumper Sepp Bradl, Austria, jumps. Sepp Weiler jumps new Hill record: 102 m. Sepp Weiler, half-close.
(23 m) 05. streiflichter from Germany a. Minden: Reconstruction of the Mittellandkanal bridge destroyed bridge. Reconstruction work on the Weser bridge. The new bridge. Ships crossing the Canal Bridge, including drive barges on the river Weser.
(24 m) b. Munich and Cologne: Rosenmontagszug funny cars in the procession. "From the Housing Office to the home". Dance on the street in Cologne. Dance of the Prince guard with the Funkenmariechen. Parade.
1st the millionth ton of - and from Berlin a significant record of the airlift: 1 million tonnes of goods were previously flown by American and British aircraft in the blocked city. A four-engined York machine lands at the airfield of RAF Gatow. She brings the millionth tonne. The Commander of the British airlift units, Air Marshal of Williams sat at the wheel. Quickly a short balance sheet: each ton flown to Berlin food has received two Berlin alive during the blockade. While air transport is increasingly expanded to Berlin from West of Germany, the police of the eastern sector further restricts traffic within the city. She erected roadblocks on the border of the Soviet sector partly were the torn up after roads leading West Berlin, partly made impassable by veritable barricades for vehicles. But Berlin is not isolated--to West Germany remains. So, the Bureau of the German Städtetag in Berlin for a meeting came together. Berlin's Mayor Professor Ernst Reuter, welcomed his colleagues, representatives of the German cities. The visit of the composer Paul Hindemith, who gave a concert with the Berlin Philharmonic took greatest interest. Hindemith, a Frankfurt-born, was in 1934 emigrated to America, where he plays a leading role as a musician and as a lecturer.
Here, Hindemith rehearses his 1940 created Symphony in es in high-spirited manner.
02. New Guinea: sensation in the jungle a rare snapshot of British New Guinea, North of Australia. In the Highlands of Kerawagi, 2,000 metres above sea level, make the pilgrimage the natives in droves through the jungle to the "Valley of eternal spring".
The occasion is no stem Assembly, no wedding and not a market day. They promised them a completely new sensation. A transport plane takes the first sheep who will be here from Australia. Sheep and natives meet initially with slight suspicion - but that will change. The natives learn to breed sheep to shear the wool and apply later even farms. The great experiment, which launches Australia, is To give a new life Foundation the Valley of eternal spring. The chiefs of New Guinea soon swap holding sway with the crook.
03. Ruhr area: performance curve rising coal and steel production on the rise All the time. Time and again, the Ruhr area reports new performance improvements. With 328,000 tons daily average, the coal has reached its highest level of the war. An impressive number that identifies the rise of German economic power. As the industrial heart of Germany and Europe is the Ruhr area of crucial importance for the European reconstruction programme. To make them subservient this tremendous economic arsenal for the peace and progress of Europe is the purpose of the Ruhr Statute promulgated by the Western powers. A control authority will oversee production and distribution with representatives of these Nations and Germany. Steel production was at the beginning of the year about 650,000 tonnes of crude steel per month. Almost 40,000 tons are more than in last December. In addition to the satisfaction of the German demand is the coal export of great economic importance. Because the coal as foreign exchange provider in the first place. Coal are around 300 billion tons in the Ruhr area still in the womb of the Earth. This means work and coal for another 2,000 years. An inexhaustible richness that makes the land between the Ruhr and Lippe becoming a decisive factor for the future of Europe.
04. sports: the preliminary round games to the Cup are discharged a. English football in England at the time. The sympathy of the sports enthusiasts is enormous. One of the most exciting fights was the meeting of Liverpool (white trousers) against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Cup matches two teams demand the utmost - tricky advances change with dangerous penetrations. Wolverhampton score the first goal just before half-time. After the break, Liverpool strives to enforce the compensation. And it succeeds! 1: 1 is the game. Wolverhampton then attaches to the final sprint. As it happened: 2: 1 for Wolverhampton. And now the best goal of the day.
Wolverhampton striker scored untenable to the 3: 1.
b. Indian Derby in India horse races are a social event at the same time. The Derby of Bombay, fashion plays an equally important role as the sport. So already before the race very good there to see. After the parade of fashion... the parade of horses.
Then, the start of the field.
The favorite Balam soon goes into the lead and wins the Derby by Bombay consider.
(c). Ski jumping at Bischofshofen, the largest ski-jump event of this winter Instead of found in Bischofshofen near Salzburg. There, the best jumper from Austria, Italy and Germany met on the Hochkönig ski jump. Sepp Bradl and German best jumper Sepp Weiler thereby resulted in the long-awaited duel between the Austrian ex-world champion.
Here jumps Bradl. He was clearly defeated in rating jumping from Hamlet.
And now Sepp Weiler's record jump out of competition. So far the Hill record of Bradl stood at 94 meters - hamlet reached 102 meters - a great achievement.
05. streiflichter from Germany: a. Mittelland Canal Bridge is again in operation of the Mittellandkanal over the Weser bridge destroyed in the last days of the war. By blowing up the Canal Bridge at Minden, Weser and Canal were blocked for a long time. In cooperation with German and English engineers this important connection piece of the Canal across the river Weser has been restored now. The water of the channel is embedded into the trough of the new bridge. The main artery of the Central German waterway system works again. About 50 million tons of goods are transported each year on German waterways. A big part of it now make its way across the Canal Bridge at Minden. And under the bridge, the barges in the river Weser pull upstream, downstream.
A technical marvel that now again running smoothly: Navigation on the ground and on the first floor!
b. Carnival Carnival and Carnival are at an end. In Munich, 300,000 spectators watched the Swan Song of the foolish mask time. A six kilometer-long Carnival parade under streamers and confetti rain moved through the streets of the city. 5,000 masks, musicians and flying dealers providing mood and humour. After a ten-year break, Munich again saw its traditional carnival parade. Was the destination of many onlookers visitors who recognize their good mood upon arrival on the platform were Cologne, the Centre of the Rhenish Carnival, irony and parody, joke and humor Once again had their finest hour. Again, there were hundreds of thousands, who himself gave a clownish tryst to train Rosenmontag.
Prince Carnival swings his Scepter for the last time. The Narrenfreiheit is over - until next year.
Persons in the Film
Bradl, Sepp ; Hindemith, Paul ; Reuter, Ernst ; Williams, Ron ; Weiler, Sepp
England ; Bombay ; Bischofshofen ; Minden ; Berlin ; Ruhr area ; Ruhr ; Munich ; Cologne ; New Guinea
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Railways ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Industry ; Carnival ; Carnival ; Football ; Musical events ; Political events ; Police ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Shipping ; Ski, skiing, ski jumping ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Dance ; Animals (except dogs) ; Buildings ; maps ; Livestock, livestock ; Transport: motor vehicles ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Construction ; Mining ; Berlin blockade ; Industrial ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator