01. over the air bridge: fuel for Berlin rolling out airlift aircraft, large. Fuel is fueled at Wunstorf aerodrome in aircraft. Plane taking off. Landing at RAF Gatow, great. Petrol is fuelled in tank trucks. Line to tankers. Tankers go to gas stations.
(42 m) 02 inspection trip to the South Seas cruising warship. The British Viceroy Sir Berard Fryberg visited the Samoa Islands. Indigenous people bring gifts. South Pacific dance students. Visit islands of Tutuila. Men dance the canoeist. Waving at the farewell.
(38 m) 03. Undefeated world champion: Joe Louis draws the gloves from Joe Louis in the corner of the ring. Close-up of Joe Louis. Joe Louis fight against Jimmy Braddock, 1937, and repeated world champion title. Boxing gloves, large, alternating with names of opponents defeated by Louis. Newspaper pages with victories. Joe Louis boxing Boxer of knockout (41 m) 04. streiflichter from Germany a. Hamburg: orphans fly to United States orphan children go on flying club aircraft. Children get on plane.
(19 m) b. Hannover: divining in exam man cut Willow branch of tree. He goes with the dowsing rod, facing down in place.
(26 m) c. Frankfurt: animal shelter dog running over debris. Man takes dog on leash and take him to animal welfare car. Dog is on leash in animal shelter. Woman brings Spaniel on the arm in the kennel. Terrier is bathed. Brushing your teeth. Combing the Spaniel's ears. In kennel small dog is fed. To see dogs from kennel.
(26 m) 05. Egypt: rebuild after 4000 years the temple ruins of Karnak on the Nile. Statues from ancient times. Reconstruction of the temple. Big foot of sculpture and thumb. Add together the individual fragments. Reliefs. Pyramid near Cairo. Students visit old burial chamber. Skull specimens and sculptures.
(57 m) 6th Garmisch: ice hockey Boston - feet 9:3 the Olympic Stadium. Ice hockey game in floodlights. Viewers, firing on, half-close. Defense of the goalkeeper. Shot on goal, 1:0 for Boston. Audience clapping. Shots on goal for Boston. Shot on goal for feet. The German team receives after the game by the coach of the American team of reminder stickers.
01 of the airlift: fuel for Berlin repeatedly shows the airlift to Berlin new strings of their performance. Fuel for the economy of Berlin is as important as food for the population. Day after day, special aircraft fly therefore with petrol and diesel after the blocked city. Tankers take over the fuel on the Wunstorf aerodrome in the British zone of Germany. In about 20 flights daily 200 tons of fuel be flown in this way about from Wunstorf to Berlin.
This machine lands in Berlin Gatow airfield. Tank car are ready to take over the fuel tanks of the aircraft. Separated by a 3 km-long double-line - for gasoline and diesel oil - the fuel from the tankers on the Havel river passes, bringing fuel to Spandau. And finally tankers take over the transport of fuel to the West Berlin stations and farms. Fuel over the air bridge - the life wire of the supply and the economy of Berlin is intact.
02. inspection trip in the South Pacific on one of his inspection tours to the South seas the British Viceroy attended Sir Bernard Fryberg also the Western Samoan Islands.
The natives make their offerings to the official receipt.
Then, the viceroy visited the school. The indigenous students perform a Samoan Dance.
The ride continues on the islands of Tutuila.
In honor of the guests: The canoe dance of the men of Tutuila.
The inspection tour is completed with a visit to this island.
03. as undefeated world champion: Joe Louis unbeaten pulls the gloves from Joe Louis, who is 35 years the heavyweight champion. For twelve years, he was the highest title of boxing has to offer.
in 1934, his career as a professional Boxer. He had won the qualifying at the World Championships in three years. in 1937 he clinched the title by Jimmy Braddock at the age of 23 he was the youngest heavyweight champion of the world in the following twelve years, Joe Louis defended his title 25 times. He defeated all his opponents and cemented his aura of invincibility with each fight.
His fighting style combines skillful tactics and tremendous clout. No enemy resistance the dynamite in his fists. one of the Brown bomber in his title bouts won by K.O.
All future ring battles for the vacant World Championship are in the shadow of the boxer who wore the Crown in the heavyweight division the longest and now undefeated takes off the gloves: Joe Louis!
04. streiflichter from Germany: a. orphans after United States homeless orphans fly to United States. This is the first group of 250 refugee orphans from the British zone, which will be To find a new home in the new world. The orphans at the Hamburg Airport arrive accompanied by orderlies. In America, they will be adopted by families. Also Canada and Australia have been in the service of the children's aid.
The big moment arrived: the flight into the new home and new life!
b. dowsing divining rod in the exam. Since time immemorial, you know the forked hazelnut - or Willow branch, which should show the occurrence of a vein of water beneath the Earth's surface in the hands of the Wünschelrutengängers.
The divining rod to govern even with metal or oil.
A Commission of ground researchers in a rural area near Hanover wants to now determine whether the divining rod withstands scientific studies or not. The agencies designated by the divining rod holes should be made, to check the reliability of this simple Peilgerätes.
As drawn by magical force, the fork tends to the ground. Infallible system or fluke? The science will review and decide.
(c). Dogs-pension dog without Mr - for both parts a unfortunate state. The animal welfare societies and animal shelters are committed like in former times to the task, to find stray dogs and to take care. In special wagons, the boulders are brought to the Foundation of the four-legged.
In a shelter - like here in Frankfurt am main - the strays are lovingly housed and supplies. "Dogs in boarding house" are cared for there. Right after the arrival, each animal is thoroughly bathed. Often, A lot of SOAP in the outliers is appropriate.
The dental care is not jederhunds thing.
As you can see, the Kennel for all sizes ranging from dog boulders. There may be even a single cabins. So almost: a dog's life with all the comforts.
05. Egypt: Reconstruction - after 4000 years the temple ruins of Karnak on the Middle Nile belong to the oldest and best-known remains from the Egyptian past. Built 4,000 years ago, this place of worship was destroyed by an earthquake already before Christ. Now the Egyptian Government rebuilds the temple after years of foreman in their original form.
The individual parts of the broken statues convey an impression of vast proportions of the figures.
A foot... and a thumb... without a doubt the biggest thumb in the world.
The working methods differ little from those to Pharaoh's times. Out of hundreds of thousands of fragments, collected piece by piece, stone on stone piled up the Temple of Karnak are rising again in their sublime size.
Elsewhere in Egypt, in Cairo, young art students mix up the auditorium with the Interior of the stepped pyramid, the oldest structure in the world. A course introduces the students to the world of Egyptian antiquity.
Here, they visit a recently discovered Tomb. Learn the history of the stone example: 5,000 years have passed since these sculptures were created. Modern science in the shadow of the pyramids - a piece of Egypt today...
06. ice hockey: Boston against feet master game in Garmisch in Garmisch there was the first German-American encounter in ice hockey after the war. The Hockey Club Boston, third party of this year's World Cup, playing in the Olympic Stadium against German champions: Skating Club feet. Ten thousand spectators saw a gripping and fair fight. Immediately after the start of the game, the Americans present a sharp pace. The Füssener goalkeeper is in distress - but intercept. The Americans keep the attack and it's: 1: 0 for Boston. The Americans break through again. And again a goal! Again a scary fast start of the Americans and goal for Boston. The first third ended 6-0 for America. In the second third of the fight is balanced. Turns around on the hard and fast way of the Americans feet. But America is still in the attack. But since the Füssener arise. You break through. The American goalkeeper saved at the last moment. Even a generous combination of Füssener. -Shot and goal for feet! The second period ended draw 1: 1. Now, the last third. Feet is now an equal opponent and scored two goals. Here the goals of Americans: a rapid breakthrough and goal for Boston! And again: America in the attack. And again a goal. Boston won 9-3 goals. The result is a success for the German team, which receives from the American trainer of commemorative plaques at the end of the game.
Persons in the Film
Braddock, Jimmy ; Fryberg, Bernard ; Louis, Joe
Hamburg ; Garmisch-Partenkirchen ; United States ; Egypt ; Berlin ; South seas ; Frankfurt ; Hanover
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Boxes ; Dogs ; Children ; Foreign workers ; Oil ; Political events ; Shipping ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports facilities ; Dance ; animal welfare, animal welfare ; Water ; water emergency ; Welfare, aid agencies, care ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Hockey ; Archaeology ; Gypsy ; Berlin blockade ; Dogs ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator