1st West German marks for West Berlin crowd to sound trucks by RIAs Berlin. Speaker speaks. Westmark in a bundle is taken from the safe. Men count and wrap money for dispensaries. Airlift aircraft of the US air force launches. Landing. Mayor Friedensburg stamped box with stamps produced In the blocked Berlin! Kahler Tiergarten, shot from above. Ernst Reuter plants tree at the start of the afforestation. Pan across victory column. Men and women in afforestation. Trees will be planted in the city.
(78 m) 02 exciting race since 1877: rowing Cambridge - Oxford crowd on the shore and on bridge. Souvenirs are sold. Start. Boat race. Oxford has topped. Cambridge is catching up, the boats lie next to each other. Cambridge WINS boat 1/4-length. Rowers carry boat ashore.
(50 m) 03 Munich: show cooking of German women's German-American woman clubs Cook liver dumplings. American woman tried. American housewives Cook "Muffins", which are baked in small forms in the oven.
(34 m) 04. Hamburg: training circus Hagenbeck input by Hagenbeck. Elephant pull cart with sea lions. Animals in training. Bear slide on slides. Running horses in the carousel in the district. Elephant turns crank car and beats with the tail on timpani. Sea lion to balance balls and dolls. Sealion balancing Monkey Bar.
(46 m) 05 Braunschweig: German indoor - Schwimmeisterschaften 100 m crawl: Könninger, Brunswick, won 59.9 sec. Start - 100 m butterfly: cheer for viewers on the edge of the pool. Blade, Brunswick, lies ahead. Last turn. Small, Munich, WINS ahead of blade. Congratulations for small and Cup.
(41 m) 06. The Atlantic Pact font of the Atlantic Pact. Cityscape London, Eiffel Tower, Paris. Bidault at signing of the five-power Pact in Brussels 1948. Dean Acheson, large desk, speaks to the Pact, o-ton: "it is clear that the Atlantic Pact is not on improvisation, it is the statement of the facts and lessons of history." Debris pictures. Newspaper pages with headlines of the Pact. Contractors at the round table. UN sign. Flags.
1st West German marks for West Berlin: a. currency Soundsystem announce one of the most important event since the blocking of Berlin: in the Western sectors of the city is considered by now as only the Westmark sole legal tender. The dual-currency: Ostmark and Westmark Stop that. In the vault of the currency Commission, Western money is counted bundled and packaged for shipment in the dispensaries. Box for box leaves the premises of the currency Commission under police Schulz.
On the cards make the West Berliners money their exchange rate of 15 Deutsche Mark West.
By introducing the Westmark, the American, the British, and the French sector of Berlin have found connecting the currency of West Germany.
b. export and yet another important innovation: the further strengthening of the airlift. You mean an increase in the standard of living for 2 1/4 million West Berliners and give the opportunity to increase Berlin's industrial production. Because Berlin produces despite the blockade - and exports. Mayor Dr. Friedensburg launches a new advertising campaign: all Berlin export goods will bear the stamp in the future: "Made in Berlin blocked".
c. Zoo and now something that will please all Berliners and every friend of Berlin: The Zoo is restored. Tiergarten today - a barren wasteland with few trees. The rich stock of trees this 'oasis of the world city' was the war and the post-war period to the victims.
The Zoo of the past belongs to the past. But the presence of ensures that the Tiergarten in the future will be a tree of paradise.
Berlin's Mayor, Professor Reuter planting the first tree - a young Linden tree - at the corner of big star and yard Jäger-Allee.
Total 500 Linden used at the Zoo - as the beginning of a well planned afforestation of this recreation centre of Berlin.
Inside the city, putting new trees and shrubs. Berlin, now still bald and gray, a green and flowered framework get again in a later spring -.
02. exciting race since 1877: Cambridge beats Oxford round one million spectators at the oldest and most famous rowing race in the world - this exceptional sunshine and those high voltage, which always exceeds this classic race for 120 years. Oxford wins the election of page - start. The two boats come off well. Oxford moves away (behind the line) with less number of strokes – Cambridge rowing still behave. Oxford is located on the Hammersmith Bridge right in front - it looks like a safe victories of Oxford in this 95. battle of the two English University teams. But then Cambridge Oxford up moves - both boats are now at the same level - both teams get out of himself - the impact sequence is shorter - and now the spurt: the teams on the target to shoot boat on boat - and last-minute moves Cambridge to front. Cambridge has won with a quarter boat length. It was a race to bending and breaking - a real Oxford-Cambridge showdown since 1877 -"the most dramatic fight.
03. show cooking in Munich: take...
"Mixed cuisine" - that was the theme of a show cooking, held in Munich. At the invitation of the American German Club of the woman first followed the German housewives of the well-known formula of recipe: "take [...] In this case, the right dosage ingredients result: real Bavarian liver dumpling.
The American housewives convince yourself of the good taste: "Very good indeed". And in the Kochbuchtext: to cook the dough for potato strudel... Still a major achievement of the Bavarian cuisine: tubular pasta. And now A few samples of American cuisine. The term take..."is easier to implement because the housewives have everything in boxes and packs ready for kitchen in the closet in the Act in America. A uniform measure facilitates the dosage of the ingredients.
Here, the dough for the so-called "muffins" is prepared a light pastry that quickly Brown in the oven.
Exchange of experience on the stove - a way to international understanding.
04. the circus Hagenbeck in Hamburg refills his inventory of dressage-capable animals animals on the school. It is its own young, partly the animals were bought or given to the circus. All these newcomers must once to school, to obtain the testimony of the maturity of the circus. The bears have lessons in the slides. A number that requires A lot of patience: the great carousel the elephants are pupil - in a short time, they learn to get the most beautiful sounds out of a car.
And here Jumbo on the drum skin.
Now to the balancing hour of sea lions. First fundamental lessons with all sorts of props. Then an attempt at living objects. And finally the exam. The master student there is with "simple gloss". A lion of the Salon will be a sea lion.
05. float elite in Braunschweig, Germany: the German Indoor Championships in Braunschweig, Germany, the first German Indoor Swimming Championships were discharged after the war. The German swimmer elite had sharp fights. Here the 100-meter crawl swimming. The winner was Könninger, Braunschweig with 59.9 seconds.
Home to the 100-meter breaststroke, that all participants in the butterfly style is disputed. There was a thrilling duel between Germany's best breast swimmers small, Munich (front car), and blade, Braunschweig. Blade lies with his powerful style in the lead. He lift himself at every turn far out of the water. The last turn - still 25 meters are to swim. There, small catches up. He pulls the same. Small WINS in excellent time just before blade.
In the 200-meter breaststroke, Klein set the European records veteran Rademacher congratulates the winner.
06. the Atlantic Pact a great political event: the text of the Atlantic Pact was published. The Pact envisages an Alliance for a period of twenty years. The contracting partners are: North America, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland and Norway.
The accession of other European countries is expected. The Pact is an extension of the Alliance in March of last year in Brussels between United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg has completed. The North Atlantic Pact is an international treaty in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations, with precisely defined rights and obligations for the States involved. He is mainly a protective Alliance for the preservation of world peace. The American Secretary of State Dean Acheson said the Atlantic Pact arose from the facts on the ground and the lessons of history: (original sound: "...) It is clear, that the Atlantic Pact is not improvising – it is the statement of the facts and lessons of history...") the lessons of history were bloody and hard - so that it does not repeat this calamity, the Atlantic Pact was completed. In the preamble of the Treaty States: "the Contracting Parties are determined, are secured, freedom, the common heritage and civilization of their peoples as they founded on the principles of democracy, personal freedom and the rule of law."
Then President Truman spoke. His message to the Western democracies was transferred to in the most remote parts of the globe. He concluded by saying: "If there is a certainty today any, if there's something in the future is irrevocably secure, then it is the desire of the peoples of the world for freedom and peace."
("Original tone:" If there is anything certain to-day, if there is anything inevitable in the future, the will of the people of the world for freedom for peace it is.)
Persons in the Film
Acheson, Dean ; Friendensburg ; Reuter, Ernst ; Klein, Herbert ; Klinge, Walter ; Könninger
Braunschweig ; London ; Berlin ; United States ; Munich ; Paris ; Hamburg
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Banking, banking ; Trade, finance ; Flags ; Forestry ; Foreign workers ; Pacts ; Rowing ; Radio, television ; Swimming ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Cities ; UN ; Contracts ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; NATO ; artist children ; Gastronomy ; finance ; Berlin blockade ; Sports honors ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator