01 export Messe Hannover technical innovations - giant head is raised. Grab of an excavator of Demag. Hanomag machines. Radio and music units. Carrier Muli. Electric hoist. Car Hall. Engine that Hansa 1500 turns new Borgward Ford, busing to nag on exhibition stand.
(46 m) 02 Bad Pyrmont: German Chess Championship chess players at the tables. Viewers to the player. Bogolyubov plays against Rellstab. Laaya plays against Unzicker. Dr. Tröger plays against Lothar Schmid. Bogolyubov pulls and is German chess master. Audience clapping. Chess match with live figures.
(43 m) 03 Canada: sheep-shearing en Gros sheep on the pasture. Lamb drinking mother animal. Sheepdog. Sheepdog drives lamb. Flock is herded. Herd. Sheep are shorn. Bald sheep make jumps.
(33 m) 04 250,000 at the Nürburgring spectators sit on the race track, start the 500cc solo machines motorcycles. Georg Meier on BMW leads before spike on BMW. Meier is a 1. by the target. Start of the sports cars up to 2000 CC race. Fall. Winner is Paul Kling on BMW Veritas.
(54 m) 5th updates soon a. Ms. Nehru is Ambassador in United States woman Pandit Nehru aircraft staircase goes down. Ms. Nehru talks big.
(10 m) Munich: presses the man the man presses in the new newspaper in operation. Newspapers come out of the machine. England: Biggest water aircraft - aircraft flies and Lands on the River Thames in London. The Tower Bridge, big. Mayor names the four-engined city of London.
(23 m) c. Berlin: one strike empty railway tracks and stations. Stationary trains. Notice of the Trade Union. People from town stations. Grid before the entrances. East police occupied city stations. Eastern police and Union members from the East go over tracks to the Western stations. S car enters fire during commissioning. People push train. Brawl on station Tempelhof become scabs and strikers. Train arriving at Tempelhof. East police leaves Western station.
01 export fair Hanover: technical innovations on the second year's export fair in Hanover, the technical exhibition, showed around 1200 companies technical innovations of all kinds. Almost all industries were represented in 8 Cullen and the large outdoor area.
The gripper of diesel excavator of the DEMAG company.
Agricultural machinery of the HANOMAG works.
Also the radio industry was represented with the latest types of apparatus and music cabinets. -A powerful radio-dwarf.
Muli, the new carrier, very easy to use and transport.
An electric Planer.
A special Hall was occupied by the automotive industry. Büssing-NAG showed their new so-called underfloor engine, a better road conditions and greater use of space allows.
The new Borgward type of Hansa 1500, in the latest garb. Many foreign buyers and professionals attended this comprehensive exhibition of technological progress.
02. Bad Pyrmont: master chess with surprises in Bad Pyrmont the masters of chess to a two-week tournament for the German Chess Championship of 1949 Bogolyubov, the old master of the German chess elite, in the game against Rellstab, met the champions of 1942 Laaya left against Unzicker, the previous year's winner, who must defend his title against 31 opponents. The Royal game occurs in the decision phase.
The tournament opponent Dr. Tröger and champion Lothar Schmid, who won the second and third place.
Bogolyubov pulls. Chess and matt! With this victory, Bogolyubov became the third times in German chess master.
As a festive conclusion of the German Chess Championship was played a famous chess game built in 1851 with live figures.
A classic game in the classic robe, in which black, Matt is used after 23 moves.
03. Canada: sheep-shearing en gros sheep in mass - 50,000 at a place in Canada. It's about the wool. These images with the idyllic impact are only the start of a big squabbling. As it rattles already and the Idyll will be over: the seriousness of the sheep existence begins. The Shepherd dogs bring their sheep in a dry environment.
50,000 old and young sheep, namely 300,000 pounds of wool fall off at the new wholesale.
The sheep are going on - the winter fur for this summer season wonder, then, that there are some goat jump!
04. 250,000 at the Nürburg-ring after a ten-year break again race at the Nürburg ring in large cast: 1/4 million viewers - the best German riders at the start. A program about 6 hours. Start of the 500cc solo machines. Take 6 rounds, equal to 136 kilometres. The track that broke was ten years, has been overtaken and well in the State. The favorite of the race, Georg Meier on BMW, went with wellknown bravura - its cornering is unmatched. Close behind him: Kraus, also in a BMW. Meier happens the target first before Kraus. He drove a new absolute record for motorcycles with 124.4 km/h. Many own designs at the start were in the stroller up to 2,000 cc. A stubborn - who ran off but still easy for the driver.
Paul Kling on BMW Veritas won a surprise in this race. He drove the fastest of all car drivers with an average of 113.6 kilometers per hour.
05. updates soon: a. Mrs. Pandit Nehru, the Indian Prime Minister Pandit Nehru's sister arrived in New York. She assumes the post as India's Ambassador in America.
Mrs. Pandit Nehru welcomed America with a desire long friendship between the two great peoples.
b. Rotary NZ a giant of speed: more than 200,000 drafted newspapers per hour. This is the performance of this new MAN rotation machine, which was taken by the "Neue Zeitung" in Munich in operation. It is one of the fastest and most modern rotating machines in the world. The 27-metre-long two-story machine is the first German post-war construction, modern design.
Through the new machine, considerably reduces the printing time and considerably accelerates the sales of the newspaper.
c. Flying boat on the River Thames of air giant getting bigger, always more convenient. For its airlines to southern and East Africa, England built the largest civil flying boat in the world. Here ends up the 35-ton flying boat in the heart of London on the River Thames.
The anchorage of the comfortable air giant is located at Tower Bridge, in the shadow of the world-famous Tower of London.
Day flock London on the banks of the River Thames, to admire the flying ship of the tropics. And then: christening differently. The Lord Mayor of London pours champagne over the bow of the four-engine "city of London".
The ten thousand-kilometre flight can begin.
06. The railway strike in Berlin 15,000 railroad from West Berlin laid down the work after inconclusive negotiations with the ostzonalen Communist Railway Division. The reason: they are paid in Austria, living on in the Western sectors of Berlin. A railway worker who earns 200 Ostmark monthly, has only 50 West German marks for his and his family living according to the conversion rate. Therefore, they require payment in Westmark. The strikers, who are according to observations by the Allied side in the right set up picket line before the city stations in the Western sectors. East police - occupied part of the stations in the Western sectors in dark uniform and hat -. There were heavy clashes with the strikers. Eastern police and members of the Communist unions in the East zone are advancing on the tracks in the Western stations. You can only use these access routes, because the tracks are among the Communist National Railroad Administration. The Communist trade unionists, mostly young people, To try to maintain an emergency operation on the Stadtbahn. There is a short circuit, a car is on fire. The clashes between the police of the East, the breakers and the strikers take serious forms. Here, a group of teenage breakers tried to storm the station Tempelhof. The breakers, succeeded to get a train to the station of Tempelhof.
Also on other stations it had heavy clashes which continued until in the surrounding streets. Two people were killed and 1000 injured. The strikers were supported by the West Berlin population, while the Fink relied on the zone's armed police and shock troops of the Communist trade unions. And finally a decisive turning point in the dramatic conflict: the Eastern police evict the stations in the Western sectors, after the Western allies during the Soviet military authorities on this scheme had. All 43 West Berlin s-Bahn stations were subsequently acquired by Western police.
The railway workers strike continues.