01. the Prüm explosion disaster destroyed houses in the village in the Eifel by explosion of explosives camp for the Elimination of the Siegfried line. Ruins of the bunker. People hide got out of the rubble. Grab dredge.
(40 m) 02. streiflichter from Germany a. Berlin: appearance of the Paris Boys Choir poster of Paris Boys Choir. Audience in the Corso. The choir sing "on the bridge of Avignon".
(27 m) b. Bochum: exhibition "miners draw, paint, model" pictures of Ruhr landscape with smoking chimneys, tree-lined Avenue. Steiger in the shaft. Modelled head of children, miners head, writing good luck on.
(25 m) c. Stuttgart: Lipizzaner stallions 2 Lipizzaner stallions on the pasture. School rider rides Conversano, the son of Maestro Austria in high school.
(24 m) 03. With a little goodwill a. London: taxi drivers drive war invalids to the sea war invalids in wheelchairs. Militarist rise in taxi. Drive the taxis in a row to the sea.
(17 m) b. New York: Police orphans after Coney Iceland invite the children to go with police officers. Carousels in amusement place. Children can ride the policemen in carousels.
(13 m) 04. Berlin: repair at the top of the Memorial Church of swing over the ruins of the Church. Workers break off loose rock at the top of the Church. Panoramic view from the Tower on the street. Workers climb up with a ladder to the tower. Memorial Church, half-close.
(43 m) 5th sport a. Hamburg: start to the tour of Germany of long-distance cyclists cyclists at the start. Max Schmeling raises the star flag. Ride out of the city over the Elbbrücken. Drive on the highway. Cyclists, drinking from bottle. Ride through the Ruhr area. Passer pour buckets with water over driver to cool down. Harry Saager, great. He leads on the route Dortmund - Cologne. Drive along the Rhine. Arrival at the next stage of Frankfurt.
(57 m) Munich: wrestle Germany - Sweden the two teams. Olympic champion, against Charles of light, Frankfurt wrestle Erik Nilsson, Sweden, light heavyweight. Bavarian audience, great. Big woman. Nilsson repeatedly throws his opponent to the ground, winning on points. Nilsson, great.
(30 m) c. United States: lumberjack competition men run on rotating logs in the water and fall into the water. Men descend high trees with crampons up and back.
01. the explosion disaster of Prüm a heavy explosion disaster destroyed a part of the town Prüm, in the Eifel in the French zone of occupation. Whole city blocks were laid down. About 200 families are homeless, the window panes were pressed by the immense air pressure even within 10 km. The explosion took place in the explosives warehouse in a former West wall bunker. An Ekrasit camp, which was used for the Elimination of the Western ramparts, caught fire and tore away the hilltop over the bunker through a huge detonation. 11 dead and over 100 wounded as to mourn victims of this tragic accident. A short time after the explosion arrived the first aiders and help columns from Trier and Koblenz in Prüm, also French and Luxembourg military units. A help Committee for the reconstruction of Prüm has been made with the Government of Rhineland-Palatinate. 100,000 mark were handed over to the Mayor of the city as emergency aid. Also the French Governor has pledged support for the families affected by the disaster.
02. streiflichter from Germany: a. Paris boys choir the Paris Boys Choir visited Germany. After guest appearances in several cities, the famous Boys Choir was such stormy celebrated in Berlin by a kunstverständigen audience.
Mark b. miners miners paint, draw and model. An exhibition shows about 500 images and sculptures of 200 buddies of the Ruhr area in the mountain dwelling Museum in Bochum. The world of the miners is a recurring theme of this talented amateurs from the coalfield.
But also colourful representations depend on motives "for days" between the impressions of these miner artists.
Also funny cartoons are in the free time between the layers. And sometimes the Bailey hand sculpts portraits and sculptures of strong expressiveness.
c. Lipizzaner horses 2 of world renown: Conversano Allotria and Farry Miramar. After strenuous stage work, the two Lipizzaner stallions on the Schloss solitude near Stuttgart are now trained for filming. Ackerle, a former member of the Vienna riding school riders here shows A few of the famous lipizzaner horses dressage for "World in the film".
The 7jährige Conversano is the son of the classical Lipizzaner "Majestoso Austria". He will now play the role of his racy father in the film. An image of powerful beauty and elegance.
03. with something good will...
With little good will everyone can pleasure every now and then those who have difficult to bear fate at their. That said is also the London taxi drivers and invited a number of Schwerkriegsbeschädigter to a trip to the ocean just determined.
There were around 50 taxi drivers who stood in the service of the good thing and the joy of their passengers had their own enjoyment.
The New York police were convinced that you can bring A lot of joy with some good will. She therefore 750 orphaned children, invited to spend Coney Iceland as their guests a happy day at the amusement park. Food and drink is free. And Of course also the carousel ride.
Two examples from two countries - which elsewhere imitate himself made.
04. artists of work: over the roofs of Berlin artists of work - with rope ladders and ropes they rise up to the ruins top of Memorial Church in West Berlin. The rotten masonry of the destroyed tower has become a serious danger for road traffic. Since a blast would jeopardize the nearby subway, the large rectangular stones must be removed individually. The Berlin Tower specialist performs this work Linde with two assistants, without scaffolding and complicated security measures. The ton stones in the wreckage of the Bell Chair are then dumped in breakneck height, free-standing on the top edge of the tower.
A landmark of Berlin West is dwindling. Whether a new building of the Memorial Church, is Not yet decided.
But now the Berlin Tower specialists care for reducing risk to the romantic ruin between Tauentzien and Kurfürstendamm.
05. sports: a. tour of Germany the first part of the bicycle stage race "across Germany". Start in Hamburg. 60 of the best German cyclists take part. Max Schmeling raise the Flagg. 3-2 - 1 - come on! And field embarks on the journey. About 3,000 kilometers in 13 stages to be back. The line runs from Hannover - Cologne - Frankfurt - Freiburg - Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Munich. A drive that makes the toughest demands of people and material. Especially during the first stages, the riders under the oppressive heat have to suffer. The thermometer climbs up to 40 degrees. But the "giants of the road" can be not discouraged. Uphill and downhill, is tirelessly by the Sun and dust. The Ruhr area is crossed. A cold shower is a welcome refreshment.
This is Harry Saager. Here, on the route Dortmund-Cologne, succeeds him, to fight for the leadership. Now, it goes along the Rhine to the Ehrenbreitstein past to Limburg and Frankfurt. It is the worst line of the previous five stages. Frankfurt is reached. And so a well deserved rest day. Still leads Harry Sager - but at this part, the race is still completely open.
b. rings in Munich, the wrestling season of the South Swedish master joined Enighet Malmö against a South German selection. The most interesting fight found Instead of Erik Nilsson and the Frankfurt Karl of light between the Swedish Olympic light heavyweight champion.
Warned by A few dangerous handles of the Germans, Nilsson depends later on his real strength: the ground fighting. The Swede leads to a series of ratings lifter. But a key handle fail him. Again, light can survive the critical moments. Nilsson won superior on points. The meeting of the two teams ended in draw 4-4.
c. Baumstammsport United States water has no bar! This time already! American forestry workers at their Spezialsport! And now an original competition: this time it is to climb a 35 metre high tree trunk with crampons as soon as possible. But whoever comes up, must download also. So come on! Hopefully the rope does not break...
Hundreds of building have gathered, to see these professional sports competition.
43.5 seconds took The best for the descent. A time to almost any monkey could envy him...
01. Explosion Catastrophy, Prüm
A heavy explosion destroyed part of Prüm in the Eifel, in the French zone. Several streets have been completely ruined. About 200families became homeless. The air blast broke all windows in a radius of 10 km. The explosion happened in a dynamite depot of a former West Wall bunker. An Ekrasit-depot which was used for dismantling the West Wall caught fire and tore the [...] top of the hill off in which the bunker was located. There were 11 casualties and more than 100 people injured. Shortly after the explosion the fire engines arrived from Trier and Coblenz as well as French and Luxembourgian military units. A committee for rebuilding Prüm has been begun by the Rhineland-Pallacia-Government. 100.000 marks were donated to the Burgomaster of the town. The French Governor has promised to help the stricken families.
02. News Flashes from Germany:
a. Boy Singers from Paris
The boy singers from Paris visit Germany. After performing in several cities the choir also sang in Berlin and was enthusiastically received by an appreciative audience.
b. Miners as Artists
Miners paint, draw and model. An exhibition in the Miners Museum at Bochum shows about 500 pictures and sculptures by 200 Ruhr miners. The life of the miners is the main subject in the works of these talented amateurs.
c. Lipizzaner Horses
Two world famous horses: Conversano Allotria and Farry Miramar. A work-out on the stage, where two Lipizzaner horses are being trained for movie parts. Trainer Ackerle, a former member of the Viennese Hof-Riding School, shows here for "Welt im Film" some famous acts. The seven-year-old Conversano is the son of the classic "Majestoso Austria." He is supposed to play the film part of his father. A picture of powerful beauty and elegance.
03. With a Little Good Will ...
Anybody can bring happiness to those who suffer. This was something 50 London taxicab drivers arranged when they invited several war-wounded to a trip to the seaside. The New York Police were also certrain that it is not difficult to bring pleasure with just a little good will. They invited 750 orphans to Coney Island to spend a happy day. Meals were free of charge. So was the merry-go-round. Two examples from two countries, to be copied everywhere.
04. Acrobats at Work:
Above the Roofs of Berlin
Acrobats at work - they climb up to the tower of the Memorial Church with rope ladders. The ruins of the tower have become a serious danger for traffic in the streets. Because blowing up the tower would be too risky the stones have to be taken off one by one. The Berlin tower specialist Linde carries this work out with two assistants without any safe-guards. A symbol of West Berlin disappears. It has not been decided yet whether the Memorial Church will be rebuilt. Meanwhile the tower specialists work to avoid any possible accidents between Tauentzienstrasse and the Kurfürstendamm.
a. Germany's Bicycle Race
The first part of the "Ride Through Germany" started in Hamburg. 60 of the best German bicyclists participated. Max Schmeling starts the race. 1-2-3 go! 3.000 kilometers are to be covered in 13 stages. The track leads vie Hannover-Cologne-Frankfurt-Freiburg-Garmisch-Berchtesgaden to Munich. The competitors suffer much under the heat. The thermometer climbs up to 40 points Celsius. Up the hills - down the hills through sun and dust. The Ruhr district is being passed. A cold shower is a welcome refeshment. This is Harry Saager. Here he reaches the top of the field between Dortmund und Cologne. Now it goes along the Rhine River, passing Ehrenbreitstein to Limburg and Frankfurt. Harry Saager still leads the field, but the race is still completely open.
Sweden's wrestling champions Enighet Malmö visited Munich to compete against a German team. The most interesting bout was between Sweden's Olympic winner Erik Nilsson and Karl Leichter from Frankfurt. Nilsson won on points. The contest ended 4:4.
c. Log Rolling in USA
Usually ater is not solid. But this time it is! American wood choppers have their own sport. And now another original contest: tree-climbing up a 35-meter-high tree with spurs. But who climbs up must also come down again. Let's hope the rope holds! Hundreds of loggers have come together to participate in this competition. The best of all needed 43,5 seconds to climb up and down the tree. Any monkey could almost envy him for this ...
Persons in the Film
Leichter, Karl ; Nilsson, Erik ; Saager, Harry ; Schmeling, Max
Hamburg ; Munich ; Stuttgart ; Bochum ; Berlin ; Prüm ; New York ; London ; United States
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Disasters ; Children ; Explosions ; Musical events ; Police ; Cycling ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Rings ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Cities ; Animals (except dogs) ; Debris ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Second, disabled ; Art ; Works of art ; festivals ; Competitions ; Welfare, aid agencies, care ; Listener ; Jobs ; Construction ; Exhibitions ; Mining ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator