01 Strasbourg: Adenauer speaks before the Council of Europe Strasbourg's cityscape with Munster. Members of Parliament go to Europahaus. Meeting/banquet facilities. Adenauer Get up and go to lectern, close to half (Association of Europe), o-ton: "so, the solution can only be: we act, we act rapidly." Tomorrow it could be too late."
(26 m) 02 German delegation before the UN Palais Chaillot. The German delegation enters the room, among them Ernst Reuter, half-close. Dr. von Brentano speaks, close to half (all-German elections), o-ton: "we see in the work of such a Commission no intervention in the rights of the German people. We want her instead." Ernst Reuter speaks in English, interview (translation): "... the holding of free elections in Berlin would to be welcomed as a first step towards the restoration of orderly, liberal conditions in whole Germany be."
(35 m) 03 updates soon a. Stuttgart: elections to the Southwest state election posters. People in polling station. Ballot is inserted into the ballot box. Counting of votes. Publishing House lit Stuttgarter Nachrichten At night. Paper type-setter sets page.
(14 m) Munich: exhibition of American furniture in the Amerika Haus of soft chairs with wire mesh. Trolley with heated plate. Modern boilers. Glass bowl with a woven raffia fabric. Vase with flowers. Stew pot on stove. Dishwasher.
(24 m) c. Bangkok: King Rama IX's return from exile parade. King Rama is carried on a litter. The young Queen sits on Chair.
(16 m) 04 pre-Christmas foray through the children's paradise a. Munich: Nicholas on the ice Santa Claus with Angels runs on the ice. An onlooking boy, big's face. Children as a viewer, screen-filling. Santa Claus dancing with child. Little girl Pirouette running flying braids. Two children dance as Bavaria.
(26 m) b. Nürnberg: Christkindlmarkt Christmas ball, great. Children from stalls. Tinsel angels. Moving toy train. Crib.
05. New York: News from the Leopardenhaus Leopard mother and three young. Jackdaws hisses and POPs against cage bars. Small Leopard gymnastics on mother. Run by Freßnapf. Three small Leopard, image filling, great arm.
(27 m) 6th sports a. Philadelphia: football Army - Navy 7:42 Giants Stadium, total. Mascot of the army runs out of car ass. Mascot of the Navy goat. Game. Hustle to the ball. Navy plays Very much superior. Marines cheer their team on. Swivel caps. 90 m running of a marine soldier. Advance of the army. Billy Goat mascot, big.
(33 m) Munich: Amateur Boxing light welterweight: Herbert Schilling fighting Fritz Ehmann and WINS on points. Shock Exchange. Audience, great. Boxer To give himself hand after struggle. Light heavyweight: Pfirmann fight against Huber. Audience, great. Huber in the second round to floor and goes c k.o. (26 m). Berlin: Spanish dance, waltz dancing ice dancing Ria Baran - Paul Falk in the Sports Palace Ria Baran and Paul Falk. Audience clapping.
01 Chancellor Adenauer speaks before the Council of Europe in Strasbourg the Council of Europe in Strasbourg reached its peak with the release of the four Foreign Ministers of France, Italy, Belgium and Germany.
Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs Adenauer appealed in his speech to the peoples of Europe to unite Right away economically, politically and militarily. The Federal Government is ready to redouble their efforts for the unification of Europe. The German people confess to the idea of a United Europe and wanted their implementation with all my heart.
The Chancellor concluded with the call: (original sound: "so the solution may be only: we act, we act rapidly.") Tomorrow it could be too late!"
02. Paris: German delegates before this forum of world languages German delegation at the United Nations for the first time in the Geschiehte of the United Nations. At the invitation of the United Nations in Paris, they laid out their views on unification elections. The German delegate Dr. von Brentano pointed out first of all the political terror in the Soviet zone. He also said: the formation of a Commission of the UN, Which one is to determine the conditions of free and secret elections in both parts of Germany would be welcomed by all democratic parties.
(Original sound: "we see in the work of such a Commission no intervention in the rights of the German people.) We want her instead.")
Then Berlin Mayor Reuter in English about the particular situation of Berlin said. He said: (original language:... the holding of free elections in Berlin would be to be welcomed as a first step towards the restoration of orderly, liberal conditions in whole Germany.)
03. updates in the near future: a. Elections to the Southwest state of the population of Württemberg-Baden, Württemberg-Hohenzollern and Baden decided the merger of the three countries to a new federal State through a free election. The majority of voters voted for a common nation. Thus, the statutory requirements for the formation of the new Southwest State are given.
Home appliance exhibition in United States modern furniture of the American craft shows an exhibition in Munich America House. A chair with mesh cover wire mesh. A trolley with electrically heated plate. A glass bowl with moulded a bast tissue. Practical household appliance and all sorts of everyday items complement this interesting exhibition of modern home decor.
Electric cooker and casserole. And the dream of all housewives: the electric dish washing machine.
c. King Rama IX. in Thailand of Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, received the young ruler of the country, King Rama IX, who had lived for two years in Swiss exile. A new anti-Communist Government caused him now to return to his homeland. The young Queen experienced the indentation of the new King in the metropolis of the Oriental country with all the people.
04. Christmas Concert: ramble through the children's paradise a. Nicholas on the ice it Christmas and everywhere, where St. Nicholas appears with his choir of angels, the gates of paradise open before the expectant eyes of all children. At Munich's Prince Regent Stadium came the annual harbinger of the most beautiful of all celebrations This time as a foursome ice dancers. With flying pigtails, a small French guest showed his German admirers. And this pre-Christmas Festival of the smallest castle with many surprises and happy emotions.
b. Christkindl market, Nuremberg, the Christmas market is the children's paradise. The whole glittering magic of Christmas festivity shines in old and ever new glory at the gates of the Church of our Lady in Nuremberg.
05. New from the Leopard House, it gasps and fleucht in the Leopardenhaus of the Zoological Garden in Münster. Three stupid offspring make for dieErheiterung, the proud mother for the creeps. But everyone finally once accustomed to the curiosity of the people and then the family fortune is perfect. You used the protective mother as gym equipment - and does so on the mountain and Valley Railway of life.
06. sports: a. football army. /. United States Navy reported the Philadelphia Stadium in United States: 100,000 viewers and 2 well known mascot. one for the football team of the army and one for the crew of the Navy. The white shirts of the Navy are in top form. 9 minutes after the start of the game it is 14: 1 for the swimmers. Now At last the first breakthrough the West Point cadets. But the Navy continues to consider. A midshipman is a fantastic solo - 90 metres. It is one of the longest runs, which led to a victorious breakthrough ever in a football game. Later it is No more. The Navy won 42-7.
b. Amateur Boxing, Munich, the Munich circus Krone rose the O1ympia candidate of the German amateur boxer Association test fighting in the ring. The European champion in the light welterweight, Herbert Schilling, (with white trouser stripes) was superior to his opponent Fritz Ehmann. A rough battle that ended with a points victory for master Schilling.
There was a dramatic fight light heavyweight between the German champions Pfirrmann and Huber, Landshut, who twice had to go to the ground. Pfirrmann won in the second round by k. o.
c. ice dancing Falk, Berlin Ovation accompanied the world champion pair of Schlittschuhs Ria Baran and Paul Falk, who showed their latest dance creations on the ice of the Berlin Sports Palace. After the Fiery rhythms of sunny zones a new Waltz of the master pair.
01. Chancellor Adenauer Speaks Before The Council of Europe in Strasbourg
The Council of Europe session reached its climax with the arrival of the four Foreign Ministers of France, Italy, Belgium and Germany. Federal Chancellor and Foreign Minister Adenauer appealed in his speech to the nations of Europe to unite their economy, political and military power. The government of the Federal Republic is willing to double its efforts for a Union of Europe. The German people acknowledge the idea of a United Europe and Wish with all their hearts this realization. The Federal Chancellor closed with the appeal: Original Sound: "Let us act, let us act quickly. Tomorrow it may be too late."
The German Delegation Before the United Nations
For the first time in the history of the United Nations, German delegates spoke before this world tribunal. By invitation of the United Nations in Paris, they stated their point of view about genuine free German elections. The German delegate Dr. von Brentano pointed first to the political terror in the Soviet Zone. Furthermoro he stated that the institution of a commission of the UN which would confirm the need for free and secret elections in both parts of Germany, would be welcomed by all Democratic Parties
Original Sound: "In the action of such a commission we see no interference with the rights of the German people. In the contrary, wo wish it."
Then Oberburgomaster Reuter spoke in English about the special Situation of Berlin. He said: "Free elections would be welcomed as a first step to the restoration of regular and free conditions in the whole of Germany."
03. Actualitie s in Brief
a. Elections for the South West State
The population of Württemberg-Baden, Württemberg-Hohehzollern and Baden decided by free elections for the union of the three provinces to a new unit of the Federal Republic. The majority of the voters voted for the Constitution of a new South West State. State.
b. New Household Utensils from the US
Modern furniture of American manufacture was on display in Munich's America House. An easy-chair with wire-gauze. A table with an electric-heated plate. A bowl with bast coated in glass. Practical household utensils and some new gadgets completed this interesting show of modern living. The dream of all housewives: the electric dishwasher.
c. The Return of King Rama IX
Bangkok, capital of Thailand, received the young monarch King Rama IX. who had lived in exile in Switzerland for two years. A new anti-communist government induced him to return to his homeland. The young Queen, together with the population, saw the procession with which the new King entered the capital of this oriental country.
04. Christmas Preview Expedition Through Children's Paradise
a. Santa Claus on Skates
Where Santa Claus comes, the doors to paradise open before the eyes of the little ones. In Munich's Prinz Regenten Stadium, Santa Claus came on ice skates. With twirling pigtails, a guest from France showed her skill. There were many happy suprises for the little onlookers.
b. Christmas Market, Nuremberg
The Christmas market is a fairy-land for children. The glittering charm of Christmas-time shines in front of the doors of St. Mary's Church in Nuremberg.
05. News From The Leopard House
Something new creeps through the leopard's cage in Muenster. Three little leopards delight the spectators while the proud mother scares them. But finally, she quiets down and the happiness of the family is perfect. The mother is used as gymnastic apparatus and the small ones practise gliding.
a. Football: Army vs. Navy, USA
The Stadium in Philadelphia in the United States reported 100,000 spectators and two famous mascots: one for the football team of the Army and one for the Navy. Navy is in top form. 9 minutes after the beginning the score is 14:1. Finally, the cadets from West Point break through. A sea cadet makes a fantastic run - 90 yards. It is one of the longest runs in the history of the series. The Navy won by 42:7.
b. Olympic Boxing, Munich
In Munich's Circus Krone, the Olympic candidates of the German Amateur Boxing Union met for test fights. The Half Welter-Weight European Champion Herbert Schilling (with white stripes on the shorts) was superior to his opponent Fritz Ehman. A rough fight which was won by Schilling on points. One of the most dramatic fights was the one between the German Heavy-Weight Champion Pfirrmann and Huber, Landshut, who was floored twice. Pfirrman won in the 2nd round by a k.o.
c. Ice Dancing, Berlin
Oviations greetod the Ice Figure-Skating World Champions Ria Baran and Paul Falk as they showed their latest dancs on the ice of the Berlin Sport Palace. After the ardent Southern rhythm a new waltz.
Persons in the Film
Baran, Ria ; Adenauer, Konrad ; Brentano von ; Rama IX. von Thailand ; Reuter, Ernst ; Ehmann, Fritz ; Falk, Ria ; Huber, Antje ; Pfirmann ; Schilling, Herbert
Munich ; Philadelphia ; Berlin ; Paris ; Stuttgart ; Strasbourg ; Nuremberg ; Bangkok ; Münster
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Boxes ; Ice skating ; Trade, finance ; Children ; Europe, EDC, EEC ; Football ; Night ; Toys, toys ; sports audience, sports spectator ; sports facilities ; Cities ; Animals (except dogs) ; UN ; Buildings ; Coronations ; Mascot ; Elections ; Christmas ; Home ; Zoo, Wildlife Park ; Jobs ; Exhibitions ; construction ; Football ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator