01 Washington: Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard in the United States for Juliana and Bernhard come from aircraft, half-close. Soldiers present sabers. Truman and wife welcome Juliana and Bernhard, totally. Juliana goes next to Truman from the airfield. Juliana and Truman drive in an open car. The Capitol. Driving through the city, marching band first of all. Juliana holds speech before Congress, half close to the original sound.
(35 m) 02 updates soon a. Paris: 3rd anniversary of NATO flags on masts. Eisenhower's account of the growing strength of NATO.
(13 m) b. Königswinter: flooding on the Rhine houses up to the ground floor in the water. Barges will drive through the streets. Cyclists travel through water. Flooded hotel EUROPÄISCHER HOF. Benches are on the waterfront in the water.
(18 m) c. Bad Godesberg: Katyn Investigation Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee in proceedings to the mass shooting of Polish officers in Katyn.
(15 m) d. Flensburg: launching of the Swiss trade vessel Allobrogia pan across the ship. Naming. Swiss merchant ship runs from the stack.
(13 m) e. Sylt: international youth meeting young people in discussion about common issues. Young people go on the island, walk over the dunes and the beach.
(18 m) f. New York: skyscraper window washer lift going down on wall of skyscrapers. Window cleaner from there to clean out the window. Panoramic view from the top on the road in houses Gorge.
(20 m) 03. Easter walk in the Zoo of melting snow on plants. Bach rushes. Flamingos at the Zoo are enclosures. Sheep jump from stable. Small Osterlämmchen. Young African Watusi cattle. Young camel. Kangaroo in heat bag. It is fed with a bottle and goes back into thermal bag. Small bear run. Bear children and mother. Siamese cat, big eyes. Cat mother with twelve young Siamese cats. Small Japanese monkeys climbing on branches. Monkey kids play. Little Monkey Get up monkey mother's back. Monkeys look at cinematographer. You access into the lens. Chicks hatch from eggs. Two little chicks.
04. sports a. Southern German football championship Stuttgart - 1st FC Nuremberg 2:0 crowd, totally. Viewers flock to the stadium. Spectators with flags. Game. Goalkeeper defense. Crowd filling picture. In the 61st minute, Stuttgart the 1: shoots 0 cheers, totally. Stuttgart storms and shoots that shortly before 2:0 game guide receives large wreath.
(35 m) 5th Aintree: Grand National viewers, half-close. Horses in the lead ring. False start. Viewers with binoculars. Start. Jump over the first obstacle and the first falls. People with umbrellas on the edge of the track. Jump in ZL. Horse overturns in fall. No. leads 13 Teal'c. FREEBOOTER leads in addition to Teal'c but falling shortly before the finish. Teal'c WINS with five lengths. Congratulations to the winner of another Jockey.
01 Queen Juliane visited the United States of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands arrived for a three-week State visit to the United States. President Truman and his wife, and many members of the American Government received the high score on the airfield from Washington.
Thousands of Americans were preparing an enthusiastic reception the Royal couple, as it was passed through the streets of the capital to the White House. In her speech before the US Congress, the Queen of the Netherlands said... the community of the Nordatlantikpaktes serve the peace and freedom of, and otherwise no other purpose.
02. updates soon: a. Eisenhower report as the third anniversary of the establishment of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization was General Eisenhower in his headquarters near Paris a report on the growing strength of the European defense force. The report of the Commander in Chief culminated in the words: "the location of the free world is cheaper than a year ago. The Western world's great production machine has started"b. flood of the Rhine, the Rhine Joines threatening violence on its shores. On the promenades of Königswinter, barges are used as means of transport.
The unusually strong spring flood has let swell the Rhine curate on 700 meters wide and almost 10 meters height. Maritime traffic is partially closed.
c. Katyn Committee of inquiry into the Katyn Investigation Committee of the U.S. House of representatives arrived in Bad Godesberg.
The Commission is to hear more witnesses in the Federal Republic, Which one can make statements about the mass execution of Polish officers in the forest of Katyn.
The massacre was committed at the beginning of the war in the vicinity of Smolensk.
The Soviet Government, it has refused to take part in the investigations.
(d). Swiss ship on the roadstead of the Flensburg shipping company ran the 10,000 tonne "Allobrogia" of the stack.
He will join the Swiss fleet.
Special features: it is the largest ship that has given to the Alpine country in order.
On the island of Sylt, representatives of Scandinavian and German youth associations to an international conversation about time problems and issues for the future of European youth met e. youth meeting.
The young guests from the North thanked Schleswig-Holstein Land Youth ring for this invitation which they had the opportunity, getting to know Germany and German people.
There was an exchange of views and a happy get-together, from which grows a new friendly community.
f. window cleaner, New York spring cleaning of New York skyscrapers. With this new construction of a dizzying than lift it goes faster. Two men cope with the 1400 cleansing needy window of this glass colossus, in a week.
This huge building is equipped with air conditioning. The numerous rooms are supplied with fresh air All the time.
A giant, can hold only venture to a high gloss.
03. Easter stroll at the Zoo the last snow melts in the furrows of the nascent Earth. The spring pulls back into the country. And with him, the winter homes of the Zoological gardens open their doors. Human and animal feed on the warming Spring Sun's first rays. Soaring symbol of newfound life: private Charles Lamb. There is joy in all enclosures. The proud African Watusi cattle has its whimsical offspring. And even the venerable Wüstenschiff of the Sahara, the camel, reveling in the happiness of the mother. This Kangaroo-baby in the electrically heated Clothespin bag is orphaned but even spoiled. A formal replacement for the warming place on the maternal bosom. Every two hours, day and night, the capricious orphan requires well-tempered food. Here, the breeding doesn't worry. Bear mothers know their obligations. Nine Siamese cats of the temple are a proud neighbor's record throw. But these are the youngest of the monkey House: red face Japanese macaques.
The sexiest Frülingsüberraschung of the Zoological Garden Wuppertal. So small and so curious! Our Easter walk is complete. Yet a glance at the Easter chick.
A Spring Awakening, that forgiving is all heart 04. sports a. Southern German Football Championship 70,000 spectators filled the Stuttgart Neckarstadion. The decisive meeting to the southern German football championship was like a magnet. The 1st FC Nuremberg (in the dark) and the VfB Stuttgart had brought to their best players. In the first quarter of an hour, the game remained open. Both teams fought with tremendous ELAN.
There were delicate situations on both goals, but no decision. There was a cheering voltage over the arena. Stuttgart clearly include the first ten minutes after half-time. And At last, in the 61st minute, it happened: Walker shoots 1-0 for Stuttgart.
Now, Stuttgart exacerbates the pace. And 5 minutes before the end of the game Walker increased to 2-0.
The decision is made. The southern German Football Champion's VfB Stuttgart.
05. 38 fell, but no. 13 won the English sporting event of the week "Grand National" and at the same time, as always, a world sensation "Grand National" that came a quarter of a million spectators despite rain and fog on the famous track in Aintree near Liverpool. 47 horses, by Scotland Yard detectives already days previously closely guarded, took part. Since the main band tore up. A's picture puzzle for horses and jockeys. They formed again at the start. Then went the box on the 7 km-long railway. The world's heaviest hunting race was underway. The first of the 30 obstacles approached - and the first falls smaller field. The slow motion shows how it happened. No. 13, "Teal", sat down at the front of the peloton. Every hurdle called their victims. The mass of fallen and divorced from grew. Only 20 of 47 horses were in the race, "Teal" and "Freebooter" went nose to nose in the final round. A few hundred meters before the finish the fate overtook the previous year winner "Freebooter". Final spurt between "Teal" and "legal joy". The third place, this "Royal ten" fell shortly before the finish. "Teal" preferred five lengths. The second favorite of the hardest race in the world won the prize of over 100,000 marks. Lucky thirteen!
01. Queen Juliana Visits The United States
Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands arrived in the United States for a 3-weeks State visit. President Truman and Mrs. Truman and numerous members of the American government welcomed the distinguished guests at the airfield in Washington. Thousands of Americans cheered the royal couple as they drove through the streets of the capital to the White House. In her speech before the American Congress, the Queen of the Netherlands said: "The union of the North Atlantic Treaty serves peace and freedom and has no other purpose".
02. Actualities in Brief
a. Shape's First Anniversary
On the occasion of the 3rd anniversary of the foundation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, General Eisenhower gave the first year's report in Shape Headquarters near Paris about the growing of the strength of European defense power. Climax of this report by the Supreme Commander was the statement: "The situation of the free world is much better than a year ago. The great productive machinery of the Western world is beginning to roll."
b. Rhine River Floods
The Rhine River overflooded its banks. On the streets of Koenigswinter, boats maintain traffic. In some areas the unusually high spring floods have brought the level of the Rhine River up to 10 meters height. Traffic on the river is barred in these areas.
c. Katyn Investigation Commission
The Katyn Investigation Commission of the American Houseof Representatives arrived in Bad Godesberg. In the Federal Republic the commission will question witnesses who can give evidence about the mass-executions of Polish officers in the woods of Katyn. The massacre happened at the beginning of World War II near Smolensk. The Soviet government has refused to participate in these investigations.
d. New Ship for the Swiss Navy
On The roadstead of a ship building company in Flensburg the 10,000 ton ship "Allobrogia" was launched. It will belong to the Swiss merchant fleet. It is the biggest ship Switzerland has ordered so far.
e. German-Scandinavia Youth Meet
On the island of Sylt in the North Sea representatives of Scandinavian and German youth organisations met for international discussions about daily and future problems of European youth. The young guests from the North thanked the youth organisations of Sleswig-Holstein for this invitation, which enables them to get better acquainted with Germany and German youth. It was an exchange of ideas and a happy gathering from which new friendships will grow.
f. Window Cleaners, New York
Window cleaning on a New York skyscraper. With this new apparatus, a super-elevator, the job is done quickly. In one week, two men can clean the 1400 windows of this huge building which is air-conditioned. A giant which can only be cleaned by men who do not turn giddy.
03. Easter Stroll Through The Zoo
The last snow melts and spring is coming. And again, the doors of the winter quarters in the zoos are opened. Men and animals enjoy the first warm sunshine. Symbol of revived nature is the Easter lamb. In Wuppertal's zoo, the African Watusi cow has an off-spring. And the proud camel also became a mother. An orphan is this kangaroo baby, now in an electrically heated bag, a substitute for the pouch of the mother. Every two hours, day and night, this tiny orphan has to be fed. Here, the feeding is no problem as the mother of these two little bears knows her duty. Nine Siamese cats are the record litter of this proud mother. These are the youngest inhabitants of the monkey cage: Japanese Red Face Makaken. So small and yet so curious. Our Easter stroll is finished. But let's have a last look on the Easter chicks. Spring is here.
South German Football Championship
70,000 spectators filled the Stuttgart Neckar Stadium. The decisive game for the South German Football Championships attracted a huge crowd. The 1. FC Nuremberg (dark dress) and the VfB Stuttgart had sent in their best players. There were dangerous situations before both goals but no decision. After the first half, Stuttgart showed superiority. Finally, in the 61st minute, Wehrle scored the first goal for Stuttgart. Two minutes before the end, Wehrle scored another goal. VfB Stuttgart became South German Football Champion for 1952.
05. 38 Crashed, but No. 13 Wins The "Grand National"
The main British sport event and a world sensation too was the "Grand National." 250,000 spectators came to the famous Aintree course near Liverpool. 47 horses, guarded by Scotland Yard detectives, went to the start. The starting line broke - a nerve-test for horses and riders. Now the start. The hardest race in the world over a 7 kilometers long course is under way. The first of the 30 obstacles came nearer and the first crashes occurred. The slow-motion camera shows how it happens. No, 13 11 "Teal" takes the lead. More crashes and the number of the horses becomes less. Only 20 of the 47 horses are still in the race. "Teal" and "Freebooter" start for the last round. A few hundred meters before the finish "Freebooter" winner of last year, crashes. The finish between "Teal" and "Legal Joy." "Royal Ten" crashes shortly before the finish. "Teal" wins by five lengths. The second favourite of the most difficult race in the world won the prize of more than 100,000 marks. Lucky 13!
Persons in the Film
Eisenhower, Dwight ; Juliana von Holland ; Truman, Harry
Aintree ; Stuttgart ; Washington ; Sylt ; Berlin ; Garmisch-Partenkirchen ; Traunstein, Germany ; Weser area ; Munich ; Paris ; Bad Godesberg ; Wuppertal ; Königswinter, Germany ; Flensburg ; New York
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; cameramen, cameramen ; Disasters ; Education, youth ; Spring, spring pictures ; Football ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Shipping ; Sports details, fouls ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Cities ; Animals (except dogs) ; Buildings ; Military ; Water ; water emergency ; Zoo, Wildlife Park ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; NATO ; Jobs ; Costumer ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Japan ; Military ; Sports honors ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator