UFA-Wochenschau 12/1956 17.10.1956
1 Berlin: Bundestag session in the Technical University breakdown from NDW 351 / 2-here some other section. Bundestag session. On the Government bench of Adenauer in addition to Erhard. Decision of the reshuffle of the Defense Ministry. Politicians outside of the building: Gerstermaier, Adenauer beckons, Erhard.
02. Berlin: President Tubman / Liberia sector bordering the Reichstag building. Writing the German people. Tubman in front of the Reichstag building. Road sign of Potsdamer Platz. Plank fence on the border of the sector.
03. Berlin: DDR celebrates the 7th anniversary of founding Wilhelm Pieck entering the honor Lodge. Prime Minister Otto Grotewohl holds the speech. Carnival shooting galleries, sausage stalls, tyre throwing. Crowd and children's faces, great.
04. Beijing: Delegates of the Communist Party come 8th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party to the meeting. Mao initiates the session.
05. Bloody unrest in Hong Kong on the anniversary of the Republic of China, the border is opened for a few hours after Hong Kong. Chinese flock over to mass and carry some heavy loads. Clashes between 7th and nationals of the Republic.
06. Teraazzano: Hostage-taking of school children breakdown on NDW 351/1 soldiers and people of schoolhouse, in 2 insane teachers and children hostage hold. Children at the window. Young man to penetrate tried in the House is shot and carried away. Criminals on window behind teacher provides monetary claim. Teacher overwhelmed criminals from behind. Policemen get in window and save the children.
07 automation a) Frankfurt: opening of the first European data center. A man controls the computers in computer center. Electronic computers provide data. Data Center devices. (b) Canada: tomato processing plant. On treadmills, transported, sorted, and processed canned tomatoes in baskets.
08th Pocking: Production of guns men in the manufacture of cannons to salute firing. Examination of the Bavarian Eichamtes. Cannons fired a salute.
9th Nuremberg: Squirrel as guests in local fed squirrels at table and eat grapes, beer, tumbling and jumping in the cage.
10 Czechoslovakia: Roller Derby children starting with tricycles and scooters. Fall down. The role of driver mass collision. Award ceremony.
11 Berlin: Six days in the Sports Palace of the Sports Palace. Viewers flocking to the building. Otto Otto voiced the Sports Palace Waltz. Marina Orschel, Miss Germany, starts the race. Paul Hörbiger as audience, great. Cyclists do their rounds.
12 Cologne: Athletics international match Germany - Sweden Javelin: Heiner Will throw 80,22 m. high jump: Nilsson / Sweden skip 2 STS 400 m race: kick-off. Karl Friedrich Haas wins German year best time in 46.5 seconds. 4 x 100 m relay: victory of the German season with Knörzer, Steinbah, Pohl, Germar. Run Exchange and awards ceremony. European record is gone. 100 m run: start and run: Manfred Germar WINS ahead of Heinz Fütterer in 10.6 sec.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Grotewohl, Otto; Hörbiger, Paul; Kermbach, Otto; Tse Tung, Mao; Mikojan, Anastas; Orschel, Marina; Otto, Otto; Pieck, Wilhelm; Reimann, Max; Seebohm; Tubman, William; Fütterer, Heinz; Germar, Manfred; Haas, Karl Friedrich; Knörzer; Nilsson; Pohl, Gudrun; Steinbach; Will, Heiner
Sachindex Wochenschauen; DDR; Border DDR/BRD, borders; Craft; Justice; cameramen, cameramen; Children; 17 find book UFA Wochenschau UFA this; Political events; cycling, cycle ball; Sports details, fouls; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; sports facilities; State visits (inside); Theatres; Unrest; hotspots; Athletics, jogging, fun run; Crime; Automation; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays; Sports honors; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Bundestag session in Berlin (TU) camera: Pahl of Liberian PR. Tubman in Berlin camera: Pahl 7 anniversary of GDR origin: DEFA 8th National Congress d. chines. KP origin: Sovkino unrest in Hong Kong origin: Metro school children hostage v. criminals origin: iNcom 1 European. Data Center in Frankfurt camera: strong tomato processing. in Canada origin: Canada gun manufacturer in Pocking camera: Rau squirrel as tablemates camera: rough sport: Roller Derby in the Czech Republic (children) origin: Prague film intern. 6 day race in Berlin camera: Pahl Athletics: Deutschld.-Sweden camera: Basic, strong conclusion:
Mao Zedong’s 125th Birthday (* December 26, 1893)
In the history of the 20th century Mao Zedong is remembered in a number of controversial ways—as China’s great innovator and visionary revolutionary, ruthless mass murderer and power hungry dictator, figure head of the student movement and icon of pop culture.
The son of farmers was born on December 26, 1893. He would be politicized by the 1911 republican revolution, the May Fourth Student Movement against the Versailles Peace treaty and the writings of Marx and Lenin. In 1921 he participates in the founding of the Chinese Communist Party, three years later he moves up to the central executive committee. When a civil war breaks out after clashes with the Kuomintang, Mao organizes the struggle against the nationalist party of his opponent Chiang Kai-shek and pushes ahead with the development of a Red Army. Over the course of the legendary “long march” that takes place in the mid-1930s he distinguishes himself as a leader of the Chinese communists. After the temporary formation of a united front against the Japanese invasion (1937-1945) the civil war ends after 22 years with the communist troops as the victor. On October 1, 1949 the “great leader” proclaims the People’s Republic of China at the Gate of Heavenly Peace in Peking. From now on he wants to establish an encompassing communism and achieve the idea of a “new man”. His ambitious endeavour, to turn China from a backwards, agricultural society into a modern industrial state via the “great leap forward” is a catastrophic failure. Tens of millions of people die due to the hasty collectivization. In order to maintain his power position Mao initiates the „great proletarian cultural revolution“ in which he agitates millions of young people against his own party. In the wake of this “cleansing” hundreds of thousands of functionaries, artists and intellectuals are persecuted, tortured or killed, while countless of cultural assets are destroyed. The terror only comes to an end when Mao dies on September 9, 1976, its extent being downplayed for a long time. Nevertheless, the „Great Helmsman“ is still revered in China—and beyond, almost like a saint.
More video clips on this subject
Welt im Film 196/1949
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 886/1967