UFA-Wochenschau 12/1956 17.10.1956
1 Berlin: Bundestag session in the Technical University breakdown from NDW 351 / 2-here some other section. Bundestag session. On the Government bench of Adenauer in addition to Erhard. Decision of the reshuffle of the Defense Ministry. Politicians outside of the building: Gerstermaier, Adenauer beckons, Erhard.
02. Berlin: President Tubman / Liberia sector bordering the Reichstag building. Writing the German people. Tubman in front of the Reichstag building. Road sign of Potsdamer Platz. Plank fence on the border of the sector.
03. Berlin: DDR celebrates the 7th anniversary of founding Wilhelm Pieck entering the honor Lodge. Prime Minister Otto Grotewohl holds the speech. Carnival shooting galleries, sausage stalls, tyre throwing. Crowd and children's faces, great.
04. Beijing: Delegates of the Communist Party come 8th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party to the meeting. Mao initiates the session.
05. Bloody unrest in Hong Kong on the anniversary of the Republic of China, the border is opened for a few hours after Hong Kong. Chinese flock over to mass and carry some heavy loads. Clashes between 7th and nationals of the Republic.
06. Teraazzano: Hostage-taking of school children breakdown on NDW 351/1 soldiers and people of schoolhouse, in 2 insane teachers and children hostage hold. Children at the window. Young man to penetrate tried in the House is shot and carried away. Criminals on window behind teacher provides monetary claim. Teacher overwhelmed criminals from behind. Policemen get in window and save the children.
07 automation a) Frankfurt: opening of the first European data center. A man controls the computers in computer center. Electronic computers provide data. Data Center devices. (b) Canada: tomato processing plant. On treadmills, transported, sorted, and processed canned tomatoes in baskets.
08th Pocking: Production of guns men in the manufacture of cannons to salute firing. Examination of the Bavarian Eichamtes. Cannons fired a salute.
9th Nuremberg: Squirrel as guests in local fed squirrels at table and eat grapes, beer, tumbling and jumping in the cage.
10 Czechoslovakia: Roller Derby children starting with tricycles and scooters. Fall down. The role of driver mass collision. Award ceremony.
11 Berlin: Six days in the Sports Palace of the Sports Palace. Viewers flocking to the building. Otto Otto voiced the Sports Palace Waltz. Marina Orschel, Miss Germany, starts the race. Paul Hörbiger as audience, great. Cyclists do their rounds.
12 Cologne: Athletics international match Germany - Sweden Javelin: Heiner Will throw 80,22 m. high jump: Nilsson / Sweden skip 2 STS 400 m race: kick-off. Karl Friedrich Haas wins German year best time in 46.5 seconds. 4 x 100 m relay: victory of the German season with Knörzer, Steinbah, Pohl, Germar. Run Exchange and awards ceremony. European record is gone. 100 m run: start and run: Manfred Germar WINS ahead of Heinz Fütterer in 10.6 sec.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Grotewohl, Otto; Hörbiger, Paul; Kermbach, Otto; Tse Tung, Mao; Mikojan, Anastas; Orschel, Marina; Otto, Otto; Pieck, Wilhelm; Reimann, Max; Seebohm; Tubman, William; Fütterer, Heinz; Germar, Manfred; Haas, Karl Friedrich; Knörzer; Nilsson; Pohl, Gudrun; Steinbach; Will, Heiner
Sachindex Wochenschauen; DDR; Border DDR/BRD, borders; Craft; Justice; cameramen, cameramen; Children; 17 find book UFA Wochenschau UFA this; Political events; cycling, cycle ball; Sports details, fouls; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; sports facilities; State visits (inside); Theatres; Unrest; hotspots; Athletics, jogging, fun run; Crime; Automation; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays; Sports honors; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Bundestag session in Berlin (TU) camera: Pahl of Liberian PR. Tubman in Berlin camera: Pahl 7 anniversary of GDR origin: DEFA 8th National Congress d. chines. KP origin: Sovkino unrest in Hong Kong origin: Metro school children hostage v. criminals origin: iNcom 1 European. Data Center in Frankfurt camera: strong tomato processing. in Canada origin: Canada gun manufacturer in Pocking camera: Rau squirrel as tablemates camera: rough sport: Roller Derby in the Czech Republic (children) origin: Prague film intern. 6 day race in Berlin camera: Pahl Athletics: Deutschld.-Sweden camera: Basic, strong conclusion:
Founding of the GDR (October 7, 1949)
On October 7, 1949 the Provisional Volkskammer meets in the Ballroom of the former Reich’s Aeronautics Ministry and votes on the „constitution of the German Democratic Republic“, thus implementing the founding of the GDR. It is the SED (Socialist Unity Party of Germany) leadership’s reaction to the failed Germany talks between the Soviet Union and the Western powers, plus the West German Basic Law had been enforced on May 23, which essentially founds the Federal Republic of Germany.
Only one day after Konrad Adenauer is elected to the office of Chancellor of West Germany (September 15) a SED delegation travels to Moscow to consult about concrete steps towards the founding of their own state on the territory of the Soviet Occupation Zone. Elections to a “German People’s Congress” took place in mid May—the results were “corrected” during a recount: the party finally had a basis of legitimacy. A constitution in the Weimar tradition had been prepared in advance. It commits to liberal fundamental rights and the option of a united Germany, it defines the state—which is quite different from the Federal Republic—and declares it socialist and anti-fascist. Four days after the founding of the state Wilhelm Pieck is elected the President of the GDR, and Otto Grotewohl is elected premier.
From now on the “day of the republic” is annually commemorated in Berlin as the national holiday of the German Democratic Republic, complete with military parades and mass rallies. Mikhail Gorbachev attends the 40th and final birthday of the republic. In light of the GDR’s comrades’ resistance to reform he declares: “I believe that danger only lies in wait for those who do not react to life.”