UFA-Wochenschau 13/1956 24.10.1956
01 Bad Kreuznach: Nobel Prize for Dr. Forsmann, founder of modern heart surgery Forsmann considered X-ray image. Heart catheter (tested in experiments). Forsmann reads congratulations on desk with daughter.
02. Poland: Wladislaw Gomulka is snake on newsstand first Secretary of the Communist Party. People read a newspaper. People ranked hear announcement. Gomulka speaks before the Committee and calls for independence for Poland.
03. Elizabeth II. opened Calder Hall nuclear breakdown from NDW 352 / 1. The nuclear power station, Calder Hall. Elizabeth II. is located on the premises. Close-up of Elizabeth II. You operated shift lever and put into service. Meter fails. Elizabeth II goes down stairs and visited the factory, indoor and outdoor scenes.
04. Tanganyika: Visit Princess Margaret Margaret feed giraffes at the Zoo. Indigenous dance from Margaret. Little Monkey is in train. Dance on high heels.
05. Delhi: Hindu festival in Ramlila Nehru stands in an open car. Rally. Pageant with great stills. Triumph of truth over evil. Demons are burned. Fireworks.
06. Canada: salmon fishing boats coast run out, salmon in large driftnets. Filled networks are obtained. Arriving at the port. Fish on treadmills in a fish factory.
07. Langensendlbach: Table manners as a subject in the school children go to school with trays of food. Tables are covered in class. Teachers shows real food, serve and offer.
08 Düsseldorf: Batanga from Cuba South African band batanga with wild rhythms in every cut. Batanga dancer is dancing with short skirt.
9 horse racing from Pardubice breakdown from NDW 352 / 9 horses skip trench. Falls, jump over a hedge. 2 horses fall into the ditch behind the hedge. Skip wall. Galloping across a field. Jump over wide moat and crash, rider falls. Horse running exhausted through water. Winning horse with ½ length.
10. Hamburg: Judoka Irmgard winter close-up Irmgard winter. Irmgard Winter training with coach Eugen Hölzel at the University. Outerwear ZL. ZL-litter thrown webs. Bars stays and sneaks away.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Judo ; Fishing ; fishing ; Musical events ; Medals, awards, honors ; Political events ; Portraits ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Religious events ; Schools, training ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Dance ; Theatres ; Fisheries ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Nobel Prize to LR. Forssmann camera: strong W. Gomułka first Secretary i. Poland origin: Warsaw opening nuclear power station, Calder Hall origin: Pathe news Princess Margret i. Tanganyika origin: Pathe news Ramlila celebration in India origin: Pathe news salmon fishing in Canada origin: Canada "Table manners" as camera subject: Rau Cuba Chapel camera: reason, Stoll sports: Pardubice obstacle horse race origin: Prague film judoka Irmgard Winter camera: Luppa, Seib final:
Have you seen these gems?
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 983/1968
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 454/1958
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 827/1965
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 88/1951
Welt im Film 173/1948