UFA-Wochenschau 15/1956 07.11.1956
1st uprising in Hungary protest rallies in the Western world against the Soviet intervention in Hungary. Protest procession in Budapest. Roadblocks. Chatting in the streets. Rifles. Shootout. Street fighting. Wounded on stretchers. Machine gun fire. Storm on the building of the State security service. Burning of books and red flags. Dead are on the road. Devastation in the city. Bodies and shattered brick Communist emblems. Grieving. Intervention by Soviet tanks. There is a stream of refugees to the Austrian border. Refugee treks with children and babies. Weeping people leave their homes. Soviet tanks secure the border.
02. war in Egypt gun fires, bomb is released. Israeli tanks drive through the Sinai desert. England and France intervene in the fighting. Israelis take the border town of Gaza. War protests around the world. The UN Security Council decision fails on the British and French veto. Is the UN General Assembly by a large majority for peace. French and British soldiers go on troop transports. Eden before the Parliament. Protest rally in London against the war. Under pressure from the international community and a Soviet ultimatum, England and France set fire to the Suez.
03. Hamburg: Senate adopts all-German Olympic team breakdown from NDW 354/3. In the Town Hall, the Senate passed with Mayor Engelhard German athletes Melbourne, including Manfred Germar, Erika Fisch, Heinz Fütterer, Martin Lauer. At the airfield, Erika Fisch's autographs. Board aircraft. Waving.
04. Olympic city of Melbourne welcome Olympic Games. Street scene. Swimming and athletics stadium.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: The revolution in Hungary origin: Austria, Metro, Metro, Pathé journal, Metro, Pathé journal, Austria, Metro, Incom war in Egypt + UN meeting origin: Pathe news, Pathé journal, Pathé journal, Metro, Metro riots in England origin: Pathe News Sports: departure of the German Olympic team to Melbourne camera: Seib, basic origin: Cine sound
Have you seen these gems?
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 532/1960
Welt im Film 12/1945
El Mundo al Instante 1022/1983
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 373/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 632/1962
Freitag bis Montag (im Ruhrgebiet)
Welt im Film 198/1949
Welt im Film 88/1947