UFA-Wochenschau 16/1956 14.11.1956
01 shadow over Olympic a) Hungarian athletes in Prague. Before onward train to Melbourne the Hungarian athletes in Prague. Start under the Hungarian colors green white red is decided without the hammer and sickle. b) Swiss champion shooters train before departure after attending the games in question was now decided. Cancellation of the Dutch athletes. Swimmers, water-sports, hockey players and athletes not participate due to Hungary in Olympia.
02. World echo on the crisis in Hungary breakdown from NDW 355 / 1 mass protest rally in Holland, Luxembourg and Belgium. Water cannons against the protesters. The Soviet embassies are protected by the police. Sympathy rally in Paris for Hungary. Clashes with Communists. Assault on the House of the Communist Party and in fire-setting. Wounded.
03. Austria: Army protects the Austro-Hungarian border of military attachés from France, United States, England, and soldiers of the Austrian Federal Army, marching up to the protection of the border watch of the USSR.
04. Moscow: the Supreme Soviet with Bulganin and Khrushchev remove parade 39th anniversary of the October revolution in the great Gallery of the red square on the anniversary of the October revolution. Troops parading military vehicles. Onslaught by representatives of sports associations, the brigades of workers, the youth organizations of the population.
05. Vatican: Pope Pius XII. warns in radio address to peace breakdown from NDW 355 / 3 - same section. Pope Pius XII. talks about the broadcasting blessing for peace. Interview granted broadcasters worldwide Pius XII. the Apostolic blessing.
06 English and French planes start Middle East hotspot of aircraft carriers to bombing. Paratroopers jump out and make Landekopf. Inflatables and ribs. Sunken ships in the Suez. Landing of supplies. Tanks drive through town. UN troops be embarked in Naples. Arrival of the Canadian Commander of UN troops General Burns after Armistice.
07. elections in the United States breakdown from NDW 355/4. The winner of the election Eisenhower Mamie Eisenhower also waving flowers. Eisenhower speaks interview after the election and promises to secure the peace in the world with all its strength. Eisenhower in addition to Nixon, great. Stephenson Eisenhower congratulated actuality choice.
08 Wiesbaden: Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle of Filmwirtschaft Chairman Dr. Krüger speaks on the subject of "Youth protection" interview: "the most important issue is always the release for young people and children. The advice about always occupies a wide area. The Working Committee comprises of the film industry and 4 of public 4 delegates, i.e. Federal, countries including West Berlin, the Church and the youth organisations with turnusmäßigem change. To a Jugendpsychologen or educators will be dispatched due to the laws of the countries. It may be said that the issues area of the youth share of us is always handled with special care and greatest responsibility."
09 Hamburg: Rock 'n' roll tournament cut dancers, musicians and audience in the rhythm. Time lapse: Dance and fans.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Demonstrations ; filmmaking ; Parades ; Religious events ; Dance ; UN ; Unrest ; War, prisoners of war ; hotspots ; Military ; Elections ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; Military ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Shadow of Olympic origin: Polygoon, Prague film, Cine journal protests against the Russians in Hungary to intervene origin: Polygoon, Belgavox, Gaumont anniversary of October i. Moscow origin: Sovkino Pope Pius urges peace origin: SEDI cease-fire in Egypt origin: Pathé journal, Eclair, GAUMONT, Pathe news IKE again origin elected President: paramount "Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle" (youth protection) camera: Stoll, strong rock ' n roll - tournament in Hamburg camera: Stoll, basic conclusion:
Have you seen these gems?
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 696/1963
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 749/1964
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 341/1956
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 195/1953
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 546/1960
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 116/1952
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 883/1966