UFA-Wochenschau 21/1956 19.12.1956
1st Göttingen: Atoms for peace - interview with Otto Hahn commissioning of the nuclear reactor Harwell in the UK. Instruments of the modern reactor and desk of Otto Hahn succeeded the 1st nuclear Division. Formulas. Otto Hahn, great photo. Otto Hahn in Göttingen as Director of the Max Planck Institute for laboratory tests in the isotope laboratory. Otto Hahn on his desk actuality: "possession of the hydrogen bomb may be necessary, or it is even necessary for the two great powers, because only by that of my opinion, prevents a war. But with this fear of the hydrogen bomb, the fear of the population, in particular of the German population from the threat of the so-called nuclear reactors increases again. And to the peaceful development of nuclear energy, especially in Germany, a difficulty prepares, which is totally unjustified. And therefore you should always refer to the difference: hydrogen bomb - preparation for the war - we all do not want, and also none of the other countries wish, or peaceful application of nuclear energy in nuclear reactors, as they are now also planned in Germany. We need the nuclear reactors for peaceful purposes. We need them for the production of artificial radioactive elements that you can win. And we need them for medicine, for medicine, for agriculture, for the technology. We need they know later because you all for the manufacture and production of electricity-generating plants, that the coal is approaching its end, and that we are instructed in a few decades at the latest on to use other sources of energy than coal and oil."
02. United States: Artificial satellites under construction breakdown from NDW 360/4 - same section. A 3-stage carrier rocket model. Satellite instruments in original size. Test in the laboratory. Spin balance test.
03. London: Returning from vacation to Jamaica Prime Minister Eden Eden comes down stairs and is welcomed.
04. State visit by China's Prime Minister Tschu En Lai in India flags swinging end of range image filling. Choo en Lai receives certificate role as a guest gift on arrival. Choo en Lai in speech upon arrival. Demonstration of dances before Choo en Lai and Nehru. Indian girls dancing show off fashions. Clap Choo en Lai and Nehru. Acceptance of military parade. Confetti in Bombay. Ride through the city. People waving from balconies and on the side of the road. (The meetings with Nehru aimed to bring about a normalisation of relations between Red China and the United States.)
05. Nehru in the United States breakdown from NDW 360/2 onslaught of stand on the airfield. Indira Nehru and daughter come from aircraft. Nehru is by Nixon and Dulles is located. Groups of Indians on the airfield. Presents the front of the stand. Nixon and Nehru pace front the stand with an officer. The White House. Nehru gets out of car, goes up to the White House and is greeted by Eisenhower and Mamie. Eisenhower of car and welcomes Indira. Handshake Eisenhower - Nehru. Mamie Eisenhower and Indira, great.
06. New York: automobile Salon 3 escalators people side by side. Luxury cars with a typewriter for a Secretary. Girl on the radiator of a luxury sedan. Sports car with hood automatically is opened. German city, city driving in the area. Goggo.
07. Stuttgart: Choice of sportsman of the year close-ups: Ria Baran, Paul Falk, Gottfried von CRAMM, Hans Günther Winkler, Helmut Bantz. Helmut Bantz, gold medalist from Melbourne at ceremony on the 3rd. Located on the 2nd place Ursula Happe, gold medallist from Melbourne in the 200 m breaststroke. Winner is Hans Günter Winkler for his dramatic victory ride in Stockholm on Halla.
08. Christmas - peace on Earth England: Choral singers, liturgical, boys go from House to House and sing. The star singers wander in Oberammergau, Germany. People look out of Windows. Midnight mass in Spain - nuns at worship in the monastery in Brittany. Mother with newborn. Old woman in the bed. Italian Christmas tradition with singing and ritual. Shepherds in the Pyrenees bless the bread. Lambs at crib. Bell Rings.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Bantz, Helmut ; Baran, Ria ; Dulles, John Foster ; Eden, Anthony ; Eisenhower, Dwight ; Hahn, Otto ; Nehru, Indira ; Nixon, Richard ; Lai, Tschu en ; Cramm von, Gottfried ; Falk, Ria ; Happe, Ursula ; Winkler, Hans Günter
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Interviews ; Leisure, recreation ; Rockets ; Satellite ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sporting events ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Dance ; automotive engineering, automotive ; automotive industry ; People ; Military ; Holiday ; Christmas ; space ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Advent ; Atom ; Exhibitions ; Military ; Sports honors ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: special interview with Prof. Otto Hahn camera: Stoll, Rau artificial Earth satellites origin: Eden Metro back from holiday origin: Pathe news Choo en Lai India origin: India News Nehru at IKE origin: paramount car exhibition in New York origin: Metro Goggomobil, latest small car camera: Rau Wahl of the "sportsman of the year" camera: rough Christmas in: England Germany Spain France origin: archive material final:
Have you seen these gems?
El Mundo al Instante 1008/1982
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 818/1965
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 290/1955
Die baltische Hafenstadt Reval
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 127/1952
Welt im Film 279/1950
Messter Woche 26/1919