UFA-Wochenschau 50/1957 10.07.1957
1st Amsterdam: Exhibition of the waterwheel to the nuclear reactor water wheel turns. Windmill turns. Steam engine, electric explosion engine. Nuclear fission in the graph. Queen Juliana visited the exhibition. Model nuclear reactor. Irradiation with cobalt bomb. Working with artificial hands for nuclear research. Graphs of nuclear fission.
02. Berlin: International building exhibition breakdown from NDW 389/1 (here some other editing): Mercedes of cooler right of way (bright). Policemen salute. Heuss entering building. Heuss keeps listeners, great opening speech to the international building exhibition (no interview). The Hansaviertel, core of the Interbau. Heuss drives in the exhibition through Hansa district. Chairlift from station Zoo Hansa district. Driving past to victory column and high-rise buildings. House of Brazilian architects Niemayer on base. Swedish House of Fritz Jaenecke and Sten Samuelson. Giant ring chart for 17 floors of the building of the Berlin architects Müller/Rehm/victory man. Housing silos.
03. Washington: Eisenhower opened the Geophysical Year Eisenhower speaks at the beginning of the geophysical year, original sound. The largest radio telescope in the world in England. Missile launch. The moon.
04. Moscow: Fall of 4 Stalinists of the Kremlin. Bulganin and Khrushchev beckon people with flowers. Swinging over the heads of the Soviet leadership. Kagenowitsch, Schepilow, Molotov, Malenko are relieved of their offices. Promoted Catherine Furzewa at the lectern. Bust of Stalin, big.
05. Marburg: Acquisition of 3 German army divisions in NATO breakdown from NDW 389/2: Marburg Castle. General Norstadt and General Heusinger step out front. Faces of soldiers, great. Norstadt holds speech production sound (missing). Navy soldier hoist flag of NATO. Germany song.
06. United States: Hurricane on Louisiana and Texas breakdown from NDW 389/4: flooded land. Cars in the water. Trees bend in the storm to the Earth. Destroyed houses. Car goes in the water. Small dog house in water desert. People Wade through water. After the storm's destruction.
07. heat wave animal carcass in the North African desert. Men at dried out well. Vulture in tree. Watering of livestock. Women pumping water and carry vessels on their heads. Crowd in swimming pool. Ice cream vendor in urban and beverage carts. Man reading newspaper in water. Child playing on the beach at the water. Water slides. Man jumps on the sea surf.
08 England: Combat smoking ashtray cigarette butts glow. Smoking and smokers, large. Smokers among poster no smoking: Ministry of health. Man distributed ashtray at meeting. Tobacco Factory. Car traffic in the city. Tobacco sales. Man reading newspaper and smokes.
9th Wimbledon: Tennis Championships breakdown from NDW 389/8: final men's: Lewis Hoad / Australia defeated Cooper / Australia with 6:2, 6:1, 6:2. spectators clap. Prince Philip presented the trophy. Final women: Althea Gibson, colored / United States defeated Darlene hard / United States 3-6, 6:2. spectators clap. Queen Elizabeth awarded shell and congratulated the winner.
10 Austria: International Water Ski Championships on Lake Wörthersee champion Lieselotte Feuchtinger is winner in the slalom run. Karl Fischer / Austria, WINS in the men's. Lieselotte Feuchtinger / Austria and Karl Fischer win while jumping. Falls. Water skiing in funny costumes of two medalists Lieselotte Feuchtinger and Karl Fischer.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Bulganin ; Chruschtschow, Nikita ; Eisenhower, Dwight ; Elisabeth II. von England ; Heusinger ; Heuss, Theodor ; Kagenowitsch ; Malenkow, Georgi ; Molotow, Andrej Wjadscheslaw ; Norstad, Lauris ; Philip Mountbatten von Edinboroug ; Speidel ; Schepilow, Dimitri ; Cooper, Ashley ; Feuchtinger, Lieselotte ; Gibson, Althea ; Fischer, Karl ; Hard, Darlene ; Hoad, Lewis ; Sturm, Hansi
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Federal ; Bundeswehr ; Disasters ; Flags ; Research ; Leisure, recreation ; Political events ; Police ; Smoking ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; observatories ; Technology ; Tennis ; Animals (except dogs) ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; automotive industry ; Medicine ; Meteorology ; Holiday ; veterinary medicine ; Water ; water skiing ; Science ; Dentistry ; NATO ; Atom ; Exhibitions ; Sports honors ; Technology ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand: from the water wheel to the nuclear reactor (EXH.)
Origin: Polygoon Berlin Hansaviertel (Interbau EXH.)
Camera: Pahl kick such Geophysical Year origin: Metro Khrushchev crashes Stalinists origin: Sovkino 3 German divisions under gener. Norstad camera: Stoll, Luppa, rough hurricane "Audrey" about Louisiana origin: Metro heat wave over Europe origin: Gaumont chain-smoking threatens lung cancer origin: Pathe news Wimbledon champion Hoad and Gibson origin: Pathe news int. Water ski meistersch. Wörther see origin: Austria final mark:
Have you seen these gems?
Einschießen von 21-Zentimeter-Mörsern mit Ballonbeobachtung an der Westfront
Welt im Film 200/1949
Welt im Film 252/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 11/1950