UFA-Wochenschau 56/1957 21.08.1957
1st portrait: Dr. Ernst May, architect of modern study of architects in Hamburg Othmarschen. Sliding doors between the rooms. Pass-through cabinet with double drawers for utensils. Dr. Ernst May model. The settlement of Lorenz in Lübeck. Flat houses next to high-rise. Manfred Purzer interviewed Dr. Ernst May: o-ton: "Mr Dr. May, how you would outline the tasks of a modern Städtebauers?" "I see the task of a modern Städtebauers first and foremost is the unmistakable Häusermeere, as they mainly originated in the age of industrialization, loosen up. We divide them into neighborhood of 5000 to 10,000 people. The aim is of course to get the values of urban life as such. The city planners of today has seen its mission is first and foremost to awaken the social sense of the people. Then the city will be again the true home of the people." Interview was backed with images of old town sea of houses and modern housing estates.
02. Moscow: contract signed with the Syrian Foreign Minister breakdown from NDW 395/1: the Syrian Foreign Minister Chaleb Asam signed a 100 million dollar loan of the USSR for Syria.
03. DDR: 5th anniversary of the society for sport and technology skydivers jump off. Onslaught of the Betriebskampfgruppen Hall. Motorcycle pyramid.
04. Lourdes: Procession to the Holy cave walking pilgrimage to the Holy cave. Prayer of the Pilgrim. Procession At night with torches. Sea of lights.
05. Wörthersee: Liliput city at the Lilliput city Mineurop sites of all countries. Child between the houses. Parisian cabaret Moulin Rouge. Arc de Triomphe, Holsten, leaning tower of Pisa.
06. Rome: Ballet School for children in dressing room at the make-up. Ballet shoes are laced. The children's dance performance. Audience claps.
07. Hamburg: Stewardesses in the examination of PAN am hosted test for flight attendants. Young girl make-up itself. Waiting in the waiting room. Measuring and weighing (maximum size 1.70, 60 kg) test of language skills. Plane taking off.
8 Rome: World Cup catch as catch can Primo Carnera must insert the first violent punches and kicks. In the second round, he throws his opponent on the boards. Doppelnelson and kidney scissors lead to victory. Promo Carnera is world champion of the catcher.
09 Düsseldorf: German Athletics Championships starting gun. 400 m run: start. Viewers filling picture. Viewers cheer. Running in the home straight. Karl Friedrich Haas leads by a narrow margin. Cool, Bergedorf, catching up and WINS by a narrow margin in the same time. High jump: Theo Püll laces up his shoes. Measuring the height of 1.96 m jump over 1.96 m Theo Püll and becomes German champion. Pole vault: Raissmann, Fürth, WINS with 4.10 m. spectators clap. Congratulations. Hammer throw: Stork uses 55,15 m 2. It wins Hugo Ziermann with 57 m 80 m hurdles women: start and run. Erika Fischer WINS ahead of Zenta Kopp Gastl in same time. 100 m women: Starter starts. Brunhilde Hendrix won 12 sec. Joy and congratulations. Discus women: Anne Katrin Lafrenz it wins with 48,84 m. She wear training jacket, large 110 m hurdles: start and run. It wins Martin Lauer in 14.2 seconds. Screen clapping audience. Martin Lauer, large, covers sports shirt.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Asam, Chaleb ; Kozmin ; May, Ernst ; Purzer, Manfred ; Schukow, Grigori ; Carnera, Primo ; Fisch, Erika ; Gastl, Zenta ; Haas, Karl Friedrich ; Hendrix, Brunhilde ; Kühl, Jürgen ; Lafrentz, Annekatrin ; Lauer, Martin ; Püll, Theo ; Raissmann ; Storch, Karl ; Ziermann, Hugo
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Wrestling ; DDR ; Interviews ; Children ; skydiving, skydiving ; Pacts ; Parades ; Political events ; Portraits ; Religious events ; Rings ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: Germany ; Townscapes: Europe ; Dance ; Buildings ; Curiosities ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; Furniture ; Contracts ; Home ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Agreement ; construction ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand: Interview with Dr. Ernst May, architect camera: Seib, strong syr. Defense Minister i. Moscow origin: DEFA society for sport and technology origin: DEFA procession Lourdes origin: Pathé journal min Europe am Wörthersee camera: Hafner Roman children's Ballet School origin: SEDI air hostess selection of PAA camera: Seib catch World Cup Horn (Carnera) origin: iNcom DT. Leichtathletikmeistersch. Düsseldorf camera: Basic, Luppa, Seib final brand:
Have you seen these gems?
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 815/1965
Das Staatsbegräbnis des Reichspräsidenten Friedrich Ebert in Heidelberg
Emelka-Woche Nr. 37, 1929