UFA-Wochenschau 278/1961 22.11.1961
01 Berlin. The wall is such ramparts:-Brandenb. Goal total, standing soldier series. in darkness (rearm), div. settings erection of walls, various settings. Vopos and guards close, cranes and trucks behind neuerrichteter wall construction crew at work, tearing up the road pilasters, drill workplace behind wall shield close, "who attacked us, will be destroyed," and DDR flag, close, 2 policemen immediately before Brandenb. Doors with a wall.
Federal Minister Dr. Elisabeth black main companions when looking at barbed wire roll, House front with all walled-up Windows (more below).
02. Frankfurt. Interview Elis. Black capital: - black in its library, in the Living room reading the newspaper, are coffee einschänkend and drinking, speaks (original): "involves issues that are Very much to the heart: the health of youth, to the health of the age, the civilization and damages our time." Is so all questions that particularly deal with the living people of our time to the issues of radioactivity, the pollution of air and water."
03. Ghana. Visit Elizabeth II:-E. standing, smiling, close, swivel headdress on face of Ghanaians, big, head of an old noble Ghanaians, big, Schwerk about Very much overproud chiefs, close, rolling out a landend. Decorated Negro hit BOAC machine total, airfield on giant drums, close, beckoning many white-clad people on airfield to greet, 2 officials roll out carpet Eliz, close. and Philip descend Begrüßg gangway. DCH. Nkrumah close, his wife, in addition, Elizabeth welcomed A few chiefs, parade marching (in English uniforms) and rider formation Eliz, close & screen, official gallery and others. u. Philipp close, many boats will be dch Beach in the water rolled, Royal box totally, competition 10-kayaks, Philipp u. Nkrumah on stand each other smiling to and Nkrumah in the car. Roads fahrd., cheered.
04. servant sweeping road and car Belgrade with cloth. Ivo Andric:-div. streetscapes, newspapers with portrait Andric, large, between others (posting full image), book display "Viziers and consuls" - "Broen over Drina" (bridge OVR. d. Drina), nah, man leads Mule on leash cemetery wall along, close (Orient), several beasts of burden coming up rising road, in short, market, short, man hammer forging, artfully forged lamp rotating s., great bridge OVR. River, seen through the arch, close, setting of part of side arch. & water close, collects depth, Andric typically in his work area, from Chair at desk, takes the book from the shelf, writes something, drink Andric from Cup, phone, large (speaker reads pieces from book "Jumper on the Drina" (interview).
05. Paris. "Mister twist": - Taylor hip-pivoting, singing (original sound), close between 2 guitarists, various settings tanzd crazy. Couples (many setup of part of) and musician, close.
06. Sports portrait: Werner Lueg: - as a carpet salesman, with his wife in the game of chess, son Thomas cleans carpet sitzd. Trophy, A few trophies, close, time customer in hand, large, archival footage: world record run over 1500 m, acquisition of the silver Laurel from d. hand v. Heuß, run in Helsinki) 07 Melbourne Cup 1961:-div setting. Women with big hats, big and close. Comment of the austral. Reporters at double speed (original sound).
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Libraries ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; close-ups, detail ; Hands ; Interviews ; Flags ; aircraft ; Musical events ; Parades ; Posters, fonts, banners ; Police ; Portraits ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Advertising ; Sports details, fouls ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Cities ; Dance ; Buildings ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Cultural events ; Art ; Works of art ; Athletics, jogging, fun run ; festivals ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand 7, 6 m Berlin: New entrenchments at the Brandenburg Gate origin: Berlin reviews Ms min. Black main to d. wall camera: strong, Seib, Pahl woman min. black head in her apartment camera: strong, Seib, Pahl Queen Elizabeth in Ghana origin: Pathe news Nobel Prize for literature f. Ivo Andric origin: Novosti twist (Mr. twist, Vince Taylor) origin: Pathé journal athlete portrait: Werner Lueg camera: basic origin: Archive coincides with Melbourne Cup, AUSTR. origin: Cine sound final brand 3, 1 m
60 years ago Elisabeth Schwarzhaupt became the first female federal minister in Germany (November 14, 1961)
Elisabeth Schwarzhaupt’s appointment as federal minister in 1961 was a minor sensation. Not only was the CDU Member of Parliament the first woman to head a ministerial office, but her appointment was also preceded by a much-publicized action.
Contrary to Konrad Adenauer's election promises, not a single female politician had received a spot in his new cabinet. As a consequence Schwarzhaupt's female caucus colleagues staged a sit-down strike in Adenauer’s office, which finally made him relent. Since all the departments had already been allocated, a new one was created for the former senior church councillor: the Ministry of Health - "a cop-out agency to satisfy women's wishes," as the press scoffed. Schwarzhaupt now faced the mammoth task of establishing an institution that had no role model or tradition, that didn’t come with sufficient authority or resources. In addition, only a few days after taking office, the doctor of law was confronted with the thalidomide scandal, to which she responded by tightening drug regulations and expanding prescription requirements. She went on to set a decisive course in health care. For example, she introduced the oral polio vaccination, ensured that cancer screening for women became included in the compulsory benefits catalogue of statutory health insurance, and she enforced food labelling requirements. Schwarzhaupt also made environmental concerns a part of her political agenda and issued the first clean air and clean water regulation.
When the coalition broke down during her second term, Schwarzhaupt resigned from the cabinet in 1966 at the age of 65. She left the Bundestag three years later and returned to her real mission in life: marriage and family law, especially the equality of women and illegitimate children.