UFA-Wochenschau 293/1962 07.03.1962
01 New York celebrated Glenn (see NDW). In addition: Solemn Assembly before Capitol?, short, Glenn in the middle of crowd, waving, curious-looking audience, lateral, screen, close to Glenn, with some men standing together, supervision at the triumphal procession, street sign shows smiling his order, confetti hedging, "astronaut way", close.
02. New York. Crash of a Boeing 707 on long Iceland (see NDW). Additionally: over water flying helicopter by rescue boats, sailboat. -Man with rod debris examined in the shallow waters, briefly. -Starting. Rescue boat.
To l.: Progress of John Glenn's triumph drive, people balconies arranged in honeycomb-shaped down jubilantly, screen-filling.
03. Göttingen. Interview with neuroscientist Professor Glees. -Glees in his workroom, by microscope viewing, close, Esterer speaks (interview), facing, which can be seen only from behind (content d. interviews s back). The speech is illustrated as follows: - hands with tweezers to sliced brain, close, hands sliding glass plate under microscope, close, representation of brain cells construction, spinning reel of tape, big, swivel female eye on ear, big, tape recorder, image filling finger control push button, close, automatic device, big, mother talks, forcefully raising the index finger with kl. Girl, close, upper part of Jungengesichts, large, will spur blended by hand-written homework, envelope a Schiller poem band in students hands, big, girl's head with redendem mouth, big, rows from the "Bell" on book page, close, in class writing students, close, hand writing, big, drawing a brain half, in hand write write sketchpad, close, swing on boys head, large.
04. London. Königl. Film reception Encl. the premiere of "West Side Story" arrival of movie stars, including Horst Buchholz and Yul Brynner arrival of the Königl. Family, the tip is located on Elizabeth in reception room, a Lord, Elizabeth, smiling, close. -Margaret and Tony, close to other guests, welcome, little girl enough Elizabeth flowers close.
05. Yugoslavia. Shooting of the film "Marco Polo". -Div. scene images with the non-active main actors Alain Delon and Dorothy Dandridge.
06. Berlin. Filming of the Edgar Wallace thriller "The door with the 7 locks". -Dragon occurs this with Klaus Kinski in a small space: above conversation and demonstrative declarations, director Alfred Vohrer Heinz. -2 scenes of horror with above performers as well as Addy Berber.
07. Northern Germany. Dental treatment with music (production sound). -On wallpaper plate with inscription "may I kindly ask you not to smoke in the interest of other patients in the waiting room: thank you very much!" In waiting room sitting, Lady rises on demanding to hand movement of out of the doctor. close, women can be on treatment chair down (v. rear viewed), dental treatment, frontal (under the hands of d. dentist on floor tape recorder running sichbares), drill Backzahn, big div settings of current tape recorders and coils, also in the snippet, including inscription "Tam-TAMs", treatments of patients with headphones, various settings areas of the mouth during treatment, close and big, assistants face at recently closed d. eyes, large, Mr foot tap nervously caster treatment Chair, close, ringed man hand tap armrest, close fitting dental treatment and spinning tape reel (visible at the half), full picture, smiling. The Assistant, great face.
08 sports hindelang. Alpine German Ski Championships. Men's special slalom. Run Fritz Neill Samuel crashes legs only partly visible. -Winner Sepp Behr. -09 Kulm / Austria. 4. int. Ski week in bad Mitterndorf. -Media, screen, crash of a jumper and long slide, heavy camber of the ski jumper Pekko Salo, crowd of mountains in the background, fall Happle, close. Helmut Recknagel winning jump. -Head people trellis behind rope, side, close.
To. 3. "limits our memory?"
Text of the interview with Prof. Paul Glees, in which he plays above these to the discussion (interview):-"I have the knowledge won, that memory in contrast to older ideas is limited. Carrier of memory is that the human brain weighs about 1 1/2 pounds, consists of symmetrical halves that are connected to the exchange of information. The total number of nerve cells, making the brain is estimated to be about 6 - 10 billion. These nerve cells, microscopically small. are the building blocks of our memory. I believe these nerve cells are comparing tapes, on which sense impressions are recorded. In this way, the memory is created in our nerve cells. The safe inside on a past event is therefore only a playback of this brain tape.
It now, that the number of nerve cells is limited, I agree that also our memory is limited. The accumulation of memory happens in early childhood: it then gradually increases in school. Many children goes so far that the capacity is already essentially exhausted. We need to restrict so rote of things at school, which we refer to as well as from books. On the other hand, we know only one hand to the writing hand is trained in the school. This has the consequence that only a brain half the full. The school forces us to the righties and the exclusive use of the left brain. "Esterer:"You now see an opportunity to exploit the unused brain better?""
"This should be possible. As a prerequisite you would have for right-handed people the left hand and consult the right hand regularly with left-handers. With this development the relatively unused brain then also an enlargement of our memory would be approaching."
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Behr, Sepp ; Armstrong-Jones, Anthony ; Berber, Addy ; Brynner, Yul ; Buchholz, Horst ; Dandridge, Dorothy ; Delon, Alain ; Drache, Heinz ; Elisabeth II. von England ; Esterer ; Glees, Paul ; Glenn, John ; Kinski, Klaus ; Margaret von England ; Vohrer, Alfred ; Happle, Wolfgang ; Recknagel, Helmut ; Salo, Pekko ; Wagnerberger, Fritz
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; close-ups, detail ; Interviews ; Disasters ; Children ; filmmaking ; Musical events ; natural disasters ; Ski, skiing, ski jumping ; Sports details, fouls ; sports audience, sports spectator ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Technology ; Debris ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Medicine ; People ; Events ; Science ; Welfare, aid agencies, care ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Jobs ; Viewers and audience ; Technology ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand 7, 6 m ceremony f. astronaut Glenn, N. Y. Plane crash in N. Y.
Origin: Metro interview Neil. Neuroscientist of Paul Glees camera: Vlasdeck, Hafner film news: Queen receives origin movie stars: Pathe news Studio mirror: "MARCO POLO" m. Delon origin: Novosti Studio mirror: "the door M. d. 7 CASTLES" camera: Pahl dentist with music camera: Jürgens Alp. German Ski Championships: men's special slalom camera: Luppa, Hafner, wild ski flying Kulm origin: Austria final brand 3, 1 m
Have you seen these gems?
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 381/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 563/1960
Rund um den Turm des Friedens
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 1017/1969
Welt im Film 316/1951
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 641/1962