UFA-Wochenschau 471/1965 03.08.1965
1 Johnson and Viet Nam title: no way back - image: tank. Johnson talks o-ton, large, laterally, (warfare in Viet Nam). New York streetscape with people. Neon to house troops for the US forces. Young men stand in line at Convocation. You are registered. Aircraft flying over Viet Nam. Aerial view of Viet Nam. Pilot looks out of plane, great. Troops go through jungle. Ascending helicopter. Flight of bombers over Viet Nam. Bombs fall, total. Land vehicles. Soldiers on guns, which fire. Flamethrower. Demonstration moving to Saigon with banners. Demonstrations in the Gong-Hoa Stadium in memory of the Geneva Indochina Conference. Large bound doll, as a symbol for Ho Chi Minh, the North Vietnamese leader lying on the ground. Vietnamese appear on the doll.
02. German Protestant Kirchentag in Cologne title: consist in freedom - image: Cross and speaker at the Kirchentag. Detailed legs and feet of people. Ringing Bell. People in front of Bell Tower. Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker speaks, large production sound: "consist in the freedom, i.e., make use of the freedom. Freedom is a commodity that use grows and fades through non-use." Participants of the Kirchentag, standing, half-close. Präses Beckmann, Protestant, large, and Cardinal Jaeger, representative of the Catholic Church, speak to me close to half, about the inner and outer limits of freedom. Finger play the trumpet, large. Orchestra with trumpets and trombones. Fluorescent lamps light up to ceiling of meeting space. Among listeners sisters. Young people play and sing modern hymns. Meeting/banquet facilities, total. Listeners, half-close. Lotte Lenya sings songs from Bert Brecht, great. Empty dining room with tables. Room filled with people. Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker speaks, big o-ton: "the deepest experience of the success of human life is therefore not a profound experience of his own power, special grace." The deepest experience of man is not man but God." Face of a young girl with long hair, big. Close-ups of audience: old woman, old woman with glasses and a hat. Long shot of the meeting place. Cross, great. (Transfokator: praying people.) Meeting space with people [back of camera]) 03 art exhibition Munich title: the picture storm - image: modern plastic raised to. Raised to sculptures on the open area before the Münchner Haus der Kunst. Men sit up plastic. Men at the assembling of sculptures. Sculpture of woman is set up. Man takes cloth by the plastic of a naked woman. Modern sculptures and pictures in the exhibition. Artworks from the Department of OP art with the play of light on the graphic images. Young woman leaving the exhibition. Modern sculptures in front of the building.
04. Nürburgring race title: Sports Sports Sports - image: racing cars. Mechanic working on race cars. Jim Clark considered the profile of its tyres, half-close. Start the car, totally. Spectators, half-close. Car in the curve of the back. Racing on straights. The curve from the front car. Car on the race track, total. John Surtees goes with gearbox failure on the box. Mechanic in repair. John Surtees, half-close. Stirling Moss, half-close. Car on the race track, great. Young viewers with a pencil in your mouth, half-close. Head by man, great. Jim Clark Nr. 1 goes as the winner by the target. Official lowers flag. Clapping spectators, total. Jim Clark drinking from Cup, half-close. Jim Clark with wreath and cup size.
05. Nijmegen: March through Nijmegen four charity Dutchman and today in uniform. Girl goes limp next to man. Soldiers lie on the lawn. Soldiers rub their legs.
06. Olching: Sandbahnrennen start of the motorcycles. Trophies in the foreground stand on table. Motorcyclists in the curve. Audience comes out after passing the motorcycles behind the balustrade. Audience with umbrellas, totally. Men go behind the cover balustrade. Protective plastic injected full of dirt. Driver on dirt road rewriting on. Driver crashes. Ride the sidecar rider. Motorcycle overturns. Man sitting dirty behind the balustrade. Motorcyclists come off from the car and drives over turf.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Demonstrations ; Bells ; Hands ; filmmaking ; Women, mothers ; motor sports ; musical instruments ; Religious events ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: North America ; parts of the body: eyes, noses, mouths, ears, beard, hands, legs ; Art ; Works of art ; People ; Military ; Currency ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Exhibitions ; German 99.169 weekly show GmbH: ; Military ; Sports honors ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand no way back Johnson and Viet Nam origin: Metro, Gaumont in the freedom of the German Protestant Kirchentag consist, Cologne camera: Rau, strong of the iconoclastic art exhibition, Munich camera: Vlasdeck Nürburgring race camera: Jackson, l., reason, Rieck, Luppa 4 days March, Nijmegen origin: road Sandbahnrennen, Olching camera: fire, Vlasdeck end brand 3, 1 m.
Have you seen these gems?
An der Schwelle der neuen Zeit
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 798/1965