UFA-Wochenschau 493/1966 04.01.1966
01 Adenauer birthday - Schröder and Strauß title talk about Adenauer: and yet A lot more - image: birthday candles. Archive: Adenauer sits with his son Paul Adenauer at the breakfast table. Road sign Dr. Konrad Adenauer Street. Adenauer is facing House and hears serenading the Bundeswehr. Reception. Little boy as a chimney sweep congratulates Adenauer. Adenauer is congratulated by grandchildren. Adenauer in his family. People wave to Adenauer. Erhard congratulates Adenauer. Schröder congratulates Adenauer. Bouquet in addition to Adenauer, great. Close-up of Adenauer. Schröder, large, original sound of Adenauer speaks. Strauss speaks interview about Adenauer, great. Adenauer, great in Cadenabia. Close-ups of Adenauer. Sound bites Schröder, Strauss: Schröder: "one is his strong sense of family, for which there are many, many samples. The second is a very strong sense of duty. what dominates his work. And finally I would highlight as a third, its Very much great self-control." Strauss: "Adenauer is that he has seen everything and the opposite of everything a man who has become so old." Schröder: "I mean, that it is still too early for a verdict with the eyes of history." Strauss: "after all, the foreign policy orientation of the Federal Republic of Germany, the first legitimate German State after the second world war, his work, the idea of Europe, the reconciliation with France, the reconciliation with Israel is." Schröder: "is perhaps its strongest effect: that the Chancellor gave a picture of the measure and the balance the excess after a time." Strauss: "Adenauer gave the character without a doubt his era, you could say that today already with full clarity and with full conviction. It is questionable whether a second or third party can claim it after him with equal rights as stamp, to be considered as a character of his time."
02. India: food rationing title: picture this week -: Indian on road. Women go on the road with loads on their heads. Distribution of grains on the road. Faces of Indians waiting for allocation, half-close.
03. Chinese women women in boats at the bringing of kelp and shells from the sea. Computer increases in train. Woman as Lokomotivführerin in an electric train. The passengers sit in a compartment. Worker checked the cards. Train. Poster on the street with women with rifle. Pilot a small plane in the hand indicates landing. Launching aircraft At night. Pilot speaks in the pulpit. Female crew of the aircraft before the plane. Chinese, girl, great. Women in the military training of the native militia gun. Practice target shooting.
04. Vietnam: air defence practice on Ho Chi Minh women in Hanoi target shot on airplane model. Ho Chi Minh visited anti-aircraft position, half-close. He speaks with the soldiers and put on steel helmet.
05. Oberstdorf: four hills ski jumping title: leap into the new year - picture: ski jump. Ski jumpers at the bounce. Snowfall. Ski jumpers at the jump. Cameraman swings the camera. Jump of the Czechs of Macdonald. He falls at the outlet and is 8 Lars Grini loses balance when jumping and crashing. The Russian Zubarev crashes when landing. Men with rakes smooth the path. The Finns Lukkariniemi jump. He is 3. The Finn Veikko Kankonen jumps and crashes at the outlet. He wins this competition. Dieter Neuendorf / East Germany achieved the largest width and 2. The 3 winners, half-close.
06. Bahamas - Islands of the Sun. In late night bars dance limbo and drum beat title: island of the Sun - image: Palm trees. Beach of the Bahamas. Palm trees. Girl in bikini inspired by Palm. Traffic COP. Tourist puts on hat. Indigenous women weave straw hats. Men with coral mussels in boat. Sell mussels, to tourists on the bridge. Negro faces, great. Night bar, Negro dance limbo. He dances under lower bar through without touching the rod or the ground with the body. Audience clapping. Parzival Deakon provides always lower the bar. Peanuts Taylor, big, with the drums on drum. Dancer dances around the fire. It is located on the belly with fire Bowl.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Railways; Misery; Hands; cameramen, cameramen; filmmaking; Fishing; Women, mothers; Leisure, recreation; musical instruments; Night; Photographers; Posters, fonts, banners; Advertising; Ski, skiing, ski jumping; Townscapes: Germany; Dance; People; Military; Currency; Economy; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Jobs; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays; Fisheries; Military; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand and still A lot more Adenauer - birthday (Schröder and Strauss OVR. Adenauer) origin: Schröder of unveröffentl. Portr., unveröffentl bouquet. Portrait, Adenauer close-ups of K II archive: this week food rationing / India origin: Pathe news Chinese women origin: China Ho Chi Minh at d. anti-aircraft origin: China jump into the new year ski jump in Oberstdorf camera: rough, strong, Vlasdeck island of the Bahamas Sun and drum-beat camera: Rau end brand
50th Anniversary of Ho Chi Minh’s Death († September 2, 1969)
His struggle for Vietnam’s independence made Ho Chi Minh a father figure of his native country, a role model to anti-colonialist liberation fighters all over the world and an icon of the international student movement.
Ho Chi Minh was most likely born on May 19, 1890 as the son of a Confucian teacher. He witnesses the Vietnamese population’s cruel treatment by the French
Colonial authorities, which politicizes him early on. He decides to leave his country at the age of 21, as he wants to find out more about his occupier.
After World War I Woodrow Wilson’s proposes the right of self-determination of peoples. While in France, Ho Chi Minh attempts to claim this right for his home country. However, he fails and the French secret service categorizes him as a „terrorist“. Around the same time the young man starts reading Lenin and sympathizes with his idea of a worldwide communist uprising against the power of capital.
In 1923 Ho Chi Minh travels to Moscow, where he enrols at the Communist University of the Toilers of the East and co-writes a groundbreaking essay on guerrilla warfare. Seven years later he co-founds the Vietnamese Communist Party in Hong Kong, which would soon inspire the emergence of the KP Indochina. He establishes the pro-Communist Viet Minh independence movement during World War II to counter the Japanese invaders that had collaborated with the French colonialists. In 1945 he proclaims the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in Hanoi and participates in the Indochina War against France to fight for its recognition. When the country is partitioned and the Vietnam War begins Ho Chi Minh supports the like-minded Viet Cong in the South up until his death in 1969. However benevolently and modestly he looks in photographs, the man would not shy away from torture and mass executions for the sake of the “good cause.”
Shortly after the victory of the Communist North and the reunification of Vietnam the former capital of South Vietnam Saigon is renamed Ho-Chi-Minh-City in his honour.
More video clips on this subject
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 40/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 247/1954
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 392/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 393/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 420/1958
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 943/1968