UFA-Wochenschau 524/1966 09.08.1966
1 Hannover: German Athletics Championships title: sport, sport, sport - Bild: Hammer thrower Uwe Beyer. Uwe Beyer triumphs in the hammer throw, ZL. Uwe Beyer covers training jacket. 800 m run: start. Franz Josef Kemper goes to the tip and WINS with new European record time. Javelin. Eugen Stumpp WINS with 78,68 m. Spear flies and impact. Pole vault: Hartmut ragi jump 4.70 m. Claus Lehnertz WINS with 4.80 m, ZL. 110 m hurdles: ramp-frontal and side. Hinrich John WINS, ZL. Hinrich John victory, great. 80 m hurdles women: Karin Frisch WINS ahead of Inge Schell, ZL. 100 m women: Hannelore Trabert WINS. Hannelore Trabert after the win, great. Triple jump: Müller, Saarbrücken, jumps, ZL and loses against Krivec / Mainz, ZL. High jump: Ingomar Sieghart jumps, ZL. High jump women: Nwener_ehmed Valk jumps, ZL.
02. Lisbon: Inauguration of the Salazar bridge title: technology of our time - image: Salazar bridge. The longest bridge in Europe at Lisbon. The suspension settings. President Tomaz and Prime Minister Salazar welcome the guests of honour. Seebohm bows. Priest dedicates the bridge. Car with a motorcycle escort goes over bridge. Aircraft fly over bridge.
03. giant excavators at the brown coal bucket-wheel excavators. Giant Paddlewheel in operation. Control. Coal is transported on belt road.
04. Post Tower Hamburg recording of the Tower from the bottom, wire ropes lift the scaffolding: scaffolding tower, still photographs from the framework as it is always higher. Panoramic view from the Tower down onto the town.
05. Black vs white - assassination of Martin Luther King - Le combat - a report on the Negro in the United States - hosted by the Ku Klux Klan in Atlanta white and black pieces on the chess board. White stone. White stone jumps over black stones taken out of box. Hand clutters stones. Race riots in Chicago. Martin Luther King goes between Negroes and winces as he is struck by a stone on the head. Villa of white southerners. Misery hut by Negroes. Blacks and whites to buy in store. Negro faces, great. Black women, elegant, on the road. Negroes to play basketball. Negro in Judo. Image of the slain black leader Malcolm X, to tree suspended. James Shabbay, friend of the murdered, speaks interview: "an American is a person, all rights are reserved. I have no rights. We are today slaves."-"What do you think of the Ku Klux Klan?"-"the Klan is an organization of the Federal Government. He is identical with the FBI. The Ku Klux Klan is the FBI of the South." Ku Klux Klan leader Calvon Craig speaks interview. Ku Klux Klan meeting in Georgie. Burning cross. Negro singers, great. Negro band. Black bar, black, big. Negro dance. Ku Klux Klan. Burning cross.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Craig, Calvon; King, Martin Luther; MalcolmX; Salazar, Antonio de Oliviera; Seebohm; Shabbay, James; Tomaz; Frisch, Karin; John, Hinrich; Kemper, Franz Josef; Krivec, Günter; Lehnertz, Claus; Müller, Friedrich; Sieghart, Ingomar; Schell, Inge; Stumpp, Eugen; Trabert, Hannelore; Valk, Friedrun
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Buildings in Germany; Demonstrations; Trade, finance; Interviews; Justice; Musical events; Postal, postal services; Races; Townscapes: Germany; Dance; Technology; Athletics, jogging, fun run; People; Crime; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Assassinations; Buildings in Europe; Buildings in North America; construction; Mining; Technology; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand sports championships in Hannover camera: Brandes, l., strong, Luppa technology in our time Salazer bridge, Lisbon origin: Portugal giant excavators, Krupp camera: Jackson construction of the post Tower in Hamburg camera: L., fire black against white Martin Luther King's assassination origin: vis news Le combat origin: Pathé journal beginning and end
Have you seen these gems?
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 508/1959
Welt im Film 296/1951
El Mundo al Instante 1129/1987