UFA-Wochenschau 566/1967 30.05.1967
1st Middle East crisis title: on Israel's borders, image: outgoing man with a gun. Bus travels through desert. Driving record. Driver at the wheel. Soldiers and female soldiers during military training in Weir village. Planting the fields. Israeli flags. Soldiers on the border. Maneuver in Israel with live ammunition. Soldier on gun. Dropping bombs. Soldiers with MG. Soldiers marching in protective suits. Pan across the frontier. Border patrols.
02. Bonn: Title reception of the Shah of Persia in Schloß Brühl: notes at the time, image: Schloß Brühl. Lübke goes up the stairs with religious jewelry next to the Shah, half close behind them Farah Diba and wife Lübke. Lübke in conversation with the Shah, Farah Diba in conversation with Mrs Lübke, half-close. Lübke and the Shah, great. Guests go past and welcome the Royal couple. Close-up of Farah Diba.
03. Augsburg: Landing a Soviet MIG pilots aircraft after landing on a meadow. Soldiers guarding the site.
04. United States: Caroline Kennedy christens the aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy Robert Kennedy and wife, totally. Edward Kennedy, total. Jacqueline, Caroline and John Kennedy, total. Johnson, total, Caroline christens the aircraft carriers and splashed with champagne. Caroline, Jacqueline and John go from the pulpit of the baptism.
05. Plymouth: Return of the visit Sir Francis Chichester Chichester in his sailing boat on the sea. People on the shore. Lady Chichester gets out of car. Lord Mayor welcomes the births. People wave.
06. accident Series IV - episode 8 - workers falling down stairs breakdown from ZL 905 / 6 - same section. Günter Jerschke sawed bone as a doctor. Rider crashes after jumping over obstacles. Bullfighter is thrown from the bull to the ground. Workers work on freight elevator before stairs, decreases load and is between reel. Colleague calls him, he catches with his feet in the role and tumbles down stairs: Jerscke broken bones: "For me, you're right."
07. Nuremberg: Football - Europa Cup Bayern Munich - Glasgow Rangers 1-0 breakdown of ZL 905 / 8 - same section. Title: The football festival, image: viewers, image filling.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Beckenbauer, Franz; Brandt, Rut; Brandt, Willy; Farah, Diba; Jerschke, Günther; Johnson, Ladybird; Johnson, Lyndon B.; Kennedy, Caroline; Kennedy, Edward; Kennedy, Jacqueline; Kennedy, John John; Kennedy, Robert; Lübke, Heinrich; Lübke, Wilhelmine; Reza Pahlevi von Persien; Cajkowski; Chichester, Francis; Maier, Josef; Roth, Franz
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Buildings in Germany; Flags; aircraft; Football; Medals, awards, honors; Shipping; Ships; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; State visits (inside); Youth; Unrest; War, prisoners of war; Maneuver; Military; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Military; Sports honors; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Dabei (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand at Israel's borders Israel report (Middle East crisis) origin: vis news notes at the time of Shah reception in Brühl MIG fighter jet emergency landing camera: summer baptism of aircraft carriers in the United States (by Caroline Kennedy) origin: Metro Sir Chichester, Plymouth (return of Armageddon) origin: vis news accident Series IV. episode 8 (S [...]pen, K [...])
the football European Cup, Nuremberg camera: fire, Luppa, Pahl at the beginning and end of
Shah of Persia’s State Visit to Germany (May 27-June 4, 1967)
On May 27, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi followed an invitation by the German President Heinrich Lübke and traveled to Germany for a state visit. Together with his wife Farah, he completed a nine-day trip through the Federal Republic and West-Berlin.
The reactions to the “state visitors from the Orient” were rather split. Some considered him pro-western, hailed his social reforms and were fascinated by his exotic “One Thousand and One Nights” aura. Others accused him of being a Middle East puppet of the USA and an autocratic ruler who brutally suppressed any kind of opposition in his own country.
From the beginning, the Shah’s trip was accompanied by cheers but also by protests and governmental overreaction. Fearing assassination attempts the government implemented unprecedented security procedures. 30,000 police officers were on duty nationwide, entire sections of the Autobahn were closed, people were arrested, apartments searched and potential troublemakers were placed under surveillance and curfews. Things escalated when Pahlavi arrived in West-Berlin. The police’s unduly harsh treatment of protesters prompted a downright street battle. The unarmed student Benno Ohnesorg was shot and killed by the police officer Karl-Heinz Kurras. He was charged with negligent homicide but was found not guilty thanks to influence from the authorities.
The events surrounding the “police state visit” led to a radicalization of the student movement, and allegedly motivated the founding of the RAF. The “June 2 movement” was named after Ohnesorg’s day of death.
More video clips on this subject
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 905/1967
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 906/1967
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 907/1967
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 928/1967
Hochschule, Herd der Unruhe was wollen die Studenten?