UFA-Dabei 657/1969 25.02.1969
01 England: Bee Gee Maurice Gibb married Lulu title: this news - notes at the time, image: current young fans. Maurice Gibb gets out of car, umdrängt by fans. He goes to the Church. Children with flowers. Arrival of the bride of Lulu. Crowds. Police push back fans. Bride and groom outside the Church. Wedding kiss.
02. France: Piere Cardin fashions for stewardesses Pierre Cardin clothes of mannequin, showing on the wing from a jet plane checks. Chic clothes. Safari look for flight attendants. Insertion of animals of Africa. Kangaroos jump. Lioness. Giraffe herd. Elephant. Herd of elephants.
03. Czechoslovakia: Buy Russian soldiers Russian soldiers go through commercial Street. They stand before the window. Russians before clothes rack in the store. Shoes in the shop window. Russians buy bags in store and go with suitcases on the road.
04. Leber of Minister of transport will ride for the action"clearly" botched truck on the side of the road. Battered cars. Traffic death is covered up on the road. Woman lies on the side of the road. Statistics of traffic deaths number about zerbeultem car radiators. Burning Porsche. Delete. Car headlong to. Dead in car driving after accident. Dense traffic on Highway. Police officer directs cars on fire. Liver speaks o-ton: "in the past 15 years there have been more than 213,000 people killed on our roads. This is a Very much a terrible number, that we must not arrange us with her. The year 1969 should be a special year of the fight against the accidental death. This includes also the action "clearly driving", which will be introduced in March and April. "" Clearly driving ", that is to say, so, that sticking to the rules not only, but also visible is how it intends to take and to keep the traffic." Motorway traffic.
05. Stuttgart: World Championship in the cyclo breakdown from ZL 996/1 - same section: title: this sports - parting without title, image: close-up Rolf Wolfshohl. Rolf Wolfshohl close-up at the start. Cyclists at the start. Start. Ride through terrain, mountain, on muddy trails. Cyclists carry their bikes on the shoulder. Go stairs up with bike on the shoulder. Rolf Wolfshohl and Eric Devlaeminck lead. Wolf Hollow overtaken Devlaeminck. Driving down slope. Eric Devlaeminck goes with arms raised as winner by the target. Audience clapping. Award ceremony with Devlaeminck and Wolfshohl.
06. portrait: Vera Caslavska title: this portrait - assigns a Queen, picture: Vera Caslavska on balance beam. Vera Caslavska turns on the Kiel sports press party on balance beam. Vera Caslavska in the tracksuit for training exercises. Floor exercises, ZL. Uneven bars, ZL. Horse jumping, ZL. Award with gold medal. Wedding with Josef Odlozil. Bride and groom at altar. Vera Caslavska is welcomed after returning from Mexico on airfield by lot. She will be received by DUBCEK and congratulated. Vera Caslavska shows their Olympic floor routine in Kiel.
07. Nixon in Bonn and Berlin breakdown from ZL 996 / 7 - same section. Kiesinger goes next to Nixon. Nixon gets out of car and umdrängt of cheering people. Flags are waved. Cabinet meeting. He was in addition to Brandt, half-close. Nixon, half-close. Nixon entered the Chamber of the Bundestag. Cameras of the cameramen, screen-filling. Long shot of the Bundestag with Federal Eagle on front wall. Nixon speaks. The Federal Eagle. Band of the Federal Council. Wagon train in Berlin. People umdrängen the car. Nixon goes on the roof of his car with Kiesinger and contactor. Wall in the snow. Nixon, Brandt, contactor at the wall. Kiesinger, half-close. Nixon at Siemens. He shakes the hands of workers. Nixon speaks beside him contactor. Workers filling picture. Nixon speaks. Nixon waving next to Brandt and contactor.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
The Bee Gees ; Brandt, Willy ; Cardin, Pierre ; Dubcek, Alexander ; Gibb, Maurice ; Kiesinger, Kurt ; Leber, Georg ; Lulu ; Nixon, Richard ; Schütz, Klaus ; Caslavska, Vera ; Devlaeminck, Eric ; Odlozil, Josef ; Wolfshohl, Rolf
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Trade, finance ; Higher education ; cameramen, cameramen ; Flags ; Photographers ; Police ; Portraits ; cycling ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; State visits (inside) ; Animals (except dogs) ; Gymnastics ; Accidents ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Kissing, kissing scenes ; People ; Military ; Transport: General ; Economy ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Fashion ; Military ; Sports honors ; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- This up-to-date notes at the time wedding Bee Gee Maurice Gibb origin: Pathe news Cardin fashions for flight attendants origin: Pathé journal Russian soldiers buy in Prague of an origin: State Leber speaks to the action "Driving clearly" camera: Luppa doing sports farewell without title Stuttgart: World Championship in the cyclo origin: Fox this portrait of a Queen occurs from Vera Caslavska portrait camera: Seib, fire origin: State Nixon in Germany beginning and end
Pierre Cardin’s 100th Birthday (* July 2, 1922)
The visionary fashion designer Pierre Cardin would have turned 100 years old on July 2, 20222.
The son of Italian immigrants began his career with an apprenticeship as a tailor in Saint-Etienne, France before moving to Paris after the liberation of France in 1944. There he worked as a fashion illustrator at the House of Paquin. Three years later he was hired by Dior, where he helped develop the legendary "New Look“.
At the age of just 28 he founded his own company and went on to revolutionize the fashion world. He was the first Parisian couturier to launch a men's line and became a pioneer of dressing celebrities. In 1963, for example, he outfitted the Beatles with his famous collarless jackets. Soon Pierre Cardin no longer limited himself to custom tailoring, but ensured the democratization of fashion by launching prêt-à-porter collections. He worked with geometric and sculptural forms, with bright colours and new materials such as vinyl and Plexiglas. He truly captured the zeitgeist of the Swinging Sixties and became a pioneer of so-called space-age design.
Pierre Cardin successively expanded his repertoire and began designing furniture and everyday objects, but above all he granted worldwide licenses for the manufacture and sale of products under his name - from record players to mineral water. Early on, he also put out feelers in the direction of China and the Soviet Union.
Through his business acumen he became one of the richest men in France and bought whatever he wanted - from Giacomo Casanova's palace in Venice to the ruins of the Marquis de Sade's castle in Lacoste or Maxim's Restaurant in Paris, of which he opened branches all over the world. His empire included several hundred companies and factories in 180 countries with up to 200,000 employees.
When he died in December 2020 at the age of 98, he was the longest-working person in the fashion business in the world. His ideas for fashion for "the world of tomorrow" have made him immortal.