UFA-Dabei 662/1969 01.04.1969
01 Kiesinger in Vienna title: this news - notes at the time, image: driving recording Castle. Monuments in Vienna with snow. Kiesinger and woman descend stairs. Greeting. 15s. He was at work meeting with Federal Chancellor Klaus. Gala reception in the evening. On the arm of Mrs Klaus and wife Kiesinger enter Kiesinger and Klaus Saal. Sumptuously-laid table. Kiesiner sits on board.
02. Beatle John Lennon in Amsterdam Hilton Amsterdam. White Rolls Royce is parked in front of the hotel. John Lennon and his wife Yoko Ono Japanese lie in bed to demonstrate for peace in the world. Close-up of Yoko Ono and John Lennon. Reporters and photographers surrounding the bed. On the wall hangs a nude picture of the two.
03. Bonn: Futuristic exhibition swing through Beethoven monument. Wang cuts Ribbon at opening of the exhibition. Visitors to the exhibition, illustrations and graphs. Everyone has his right to education — to achieve nuclear power! Wang speaks o-ton: "research is critical to the future of our country. The Federal Republic of Germany is the third largest industrial nation in the world, the second largest trading nation in the world. We can only hold this important position in the world if we attach more importance to the problems of research, as was previously the case." Speech accompanied by pictures of the world of tomorrow: Raisting, nuclear power plant.
04. Hamburg: "the wonderlands" beat group "Boomerang" sing title: this music - hits at the same pace, image: "the wonderlands" go in single file. "The wonderlands" sing and play in the aircraft factory at Finkenwerder. You pass Assembly Hall on self-propelled carriages. You get on airplane wings and start up mechanic suits. Spinning wheel of aircraft, large. Aircraft settings. "The wonderlands" singing with tools in addition to aircraft. Singer with aircraft safety helmet. Sitting on stick - sports plane taking off.
05. Aintree: Grand National title. This sports - course of the terror, image: bleachers in Aintree. Winner's trophy. English police officers prior to use at the meeting. The racetrack, total. Bookmakers. Jockeys ride to the start. Start, total. Horses in the race. Jumps. Jump over Beachers Brook. Fall of 2 horses. Horse without a rider gallops alongside racetrack. Running straight. Outsider Highland wedding runs and WINS. Winning horse to victory with owner, surrounded by people.
06. funeral Dwight D. Eisenhower and review title: in memoriam of Dwight D. Eisenhower, image: Eisenhower greeting. Eisenhower speaks with a doctorate. Eisenhower, laughing, waving hat. Photo of the young Eisenhower. Invasion. Eisenhower as a General with the troops. Ticker-tape parade after victory in New York. Nixon waving. Eisenhower next to Dulles, great. Eisenhower next to Heuss, in addition to Brandt, in addition to Adenauer in car driving. Eisenhower on his farm in Gettisburg fishing and playing golf. With Mamie Eisenhower and family. US flag is at half-mast in front of the Capitol. People in front of the Capitol in long snake. They parade past the casket. The Cathedral. De Gaulle upon arrival. Johnson and wife upon arrival. Nixon and family. Mamie Eisenhower gets out of car. Soldiers carry the coffin. In the funeral wake of de Gaulle, Kiesinger, Humphrey, Nixon.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad; Die Beatles; Brandt, Willy; Dulles, John Foster; Eisenhower, Dwight; Gaulle de, Charles; Heuss, Theodor; Gibbs, Humphrey; Johnson, Lyndon B.; Kiesinger, Kurt; Klaus, Josef; Lennon, John; Nixon, Richard; Ono, Yoko; Wischnewski; The Wonderlands
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Demonstrations; Monuments; cameramen, cameramen; Flags; Musical events; Photographers; Police; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness); Reviews; Spoprt-Ehrungen; sports audience, sports spectator; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside); Deaths, funerals; automotive engineering, automotive; Military; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Exhibitions; Buildings in Europe; Gastronomy; Military; Sports honors; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- This up-to-date notes on currently Kiesinger in Austria origin: Austria John Lennon in Amsterdam origin: Polygoon futurology exhibition in Bonn camera: Pahl while music hits at the same pace portrait: the Wonderland camera: fire in sports course of terror Grand National in Aintree origin: Pathe news in memoriam Dwight d. Eisenhower review of Eisenhower origin: Archive death Dwight D. Eisenhower camera: Luppa, Wiers beginning and end total length
50th Anniversary of John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s Bed in (March 26-31, 1969)
On March 25, 1969 Yoko Ono and John Lennon embark on their legendary “bed-in.” Their wedding had taken place 5 days earlier and the couple wanted to take advantage of the media frenzy and take a stance for peace in accordance with the mantra “Make love, not war”. The newlyweds rent the presidential suite at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel for a week and ostentatiously spend it in bed. Every day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. selected journalists are invited into the room, which is decorated with handwritten posters such as “hair peace” or “bed peace”—and are disappointed. In light of the rather scandalous cover of their joint music album “Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins“, which shows the couple naked, the journalists had hoped for more spectacular photos. But instead Yoko Ono and John Lennon are demurely dressed in pyjamas and talk extensively about their „campaign for peace.“ After a „bagism“ in Vienna, where they held a press conference while covered in a big bag and also recorded experimental compositions John and Yoko followed up with a second bed-in in Montreal. Here they record their improvised song „Give Peace a Chance“ which will soon become a hymn of the peace movement. The same month they release „The Ballad of John and Yoko“, a song about the famous couple’s wedding and peace campaigns.