UFA-Dabei 689/1969 07.10.1969
01 Berliner festwochen in special report - Berliner festwochen 69, image: driving record skyscrapers. Driving record at high buildings. Young girl immediately. National Opera Belgrade poster. A young girl. Poster. Sveriges Symfoniorkester. People and waitress in Café. Driving record skyscrapers. Fritz Kortner reads from his memoirs, o-ton: "the Kurfürstendamm was still in becoming, by the electric busily navigated, by rattling of 2 deck-bus and an automotive traffic us coming new Yorkerisch released me Vienna from Mannheim. A crescendo city. Beautiful she wasn't at first glance." Film clip: Old Berlin with old-fashioned cars on the Kurfürstendamm, horse. Pferdedroschke, people. Expressionsistisches Theatre "Aufbruch 19". Herbert von Karajan's autographs. Sellners premiere of Blacher "200,000 Taler" at the Deutsche Oper. Visitors to the Opera. Scene cut o-ton: "If during the 2. World War II Hitler on the poster with his fraught with the stretched index finger the viewer aufspießend warning solemnly asked - what are you doing for your country? -ein Berliner in response a scribbled 'Ick tremble'." Performance of the bread-and-puppet-theater in the backyard. Music Chapel. Men crawl on stomach on the floor, entered from the top. Night driving shot of the Kurfürstendamm.
02. Bonn: Government it news - notes at the time, image: Brandt, half close, discussion. SPD-FDP coalition negotiations. Brandt; half close, next to Schmidt. Scheel, Schiller, Alex Möller, half-close. Schmidt, Brandt, half close at Heinemann with Scheel, half-close. Genscher.
03. 20 years DDR swivel the TV Tower. Integrating with flowers at inauguration of the tower. The world clock. Arrival of delegations at the airfield. Brother kiss with Stoph. Ulbricht goes next to Gomulka. Young pioneers bring flowers. Brezhnev receives flowers. People clap and wave at the side of the road. Drive through the city from above. Fixed Assembly in the soul tie Hall. On the grandstand, Ulbricht smacking in addition to Brezhnev. At the lectern Ulbricht, Brezhnev, Gomulka, great. People stand up and clap.
04. London: cinema Center 3 movie theater in a House. The foyer. Audience in the Foyer at the premiere. The empty cinema hall. Curtain opens. Theater owners gold er man speaks at the opening quote: "The movie theater today must change and adapt to the new structures To give broad audiences opportunity from a fan of several film programs to select the correct" 5th Golden screen for "Jungle Book" Disney characters bear and monkey at awarding the "Golden screen". The "Golden screen", great.
06. China: Border disputes between China and the Soviet Union by calling Chinese closeups. Fists oriented up. Mass move. In China - down with the new Tsar, image: map. Chinese fishermen cast their nets. Russian patrol boat reverses and distributes the fishing boats with water cannons. Violent confrontation. Russian border guards in the battle with Chinese land. Russian tanks driving in the snow. Chinese defend themselves with sticks. Wounded Chinese lying on the ground. Chinese with raised fists.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Brandt, Willy; Breschnjew, Leonid; Genscher, Hans-Dietrich; Goldermann; Gomulka, Wladyslaw; Heinemann, Gustav; Heinemann, Hilda; Karajan von, Herbert; Kortner, Fritz; Möller, Alex; Scheel, Walter; Schiller, Karl; Schmidt, Helmut; Stoph, Willi; Ulbricht, Walter
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Buildings in Germany; DDR; Domestic events; Children; festivals; filmmaking; Fish; Night; Reviews; Townscapes: Germany; Deaths, funerals; Cultural events; People; Science and research; Listener; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; Jobs; Autographs; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays; Viewers and audience; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- This special report Berliner festwochen, Berliner festwochen in up-to-date notes at the time government education Bonn camera: Luppa 20 years DDR origin: DEFA Golden screen f. "Jungle Book" and Cinema Centre Düsseldorf camera: Rühe in China down with the new Tsar told China/USSR origin: China at the beginning and end of total length
The Berlin TV Tower Turns 50 (October 3, 1969)
Coming in at a height of 368 m (1,207 ft) it is Germany’s tallest structure and at the same time the landmark in Germany’s capital: the Berlin TV tower. Its inauguration by Walter Ulbricht and a number of high-ranking officials takes place on October 3, 1969 as part of the 20th anniversary of the German Democratic Republic. The opening of the tower also entails the launching of the 2nd channel of the German Television Broadcasting (Deutscher Fernsehfunk DFF2) and the introduction of colour television to the GDR. Today the “television and radio tower” still sends several radio stations. The sphere that sits at a height of 200 m houses broadcasting technology as well as a visitor platform with a bar and the rotating restaurant „Telecafé“, which is one of Berlin’s most popular tourist destinations, counting more than 1 million visitors annually.
Built in the incredible short time of just 4 years the tower was supposed to represent the capability of the socialist system and was hailed as a “masterpiece for the republic.”
The renowned architect Hermann Henselmann, who had shaped the principals of the socialist urban planning in the GDR, came up with the original design of the so-called „urban vertical dominant“. His idea was that a sphere on his „tower of signals“ would shine in socialist red at night was inspired by the first Soviet satellite „Sputnik“, with which the USSR had demonstrated its superiority over the USA.