UFA-Dabei 720/1970 12.05.1970
01 Malente: training of the German soccer team Helmut Schön speaks with a player, great. Uwe Seeler running great. Many of the training scenes. Nice, big, at the microphone, o-ton: "Yes, this heavy seasonal is the health of the players not in best condition Of course. Whether the team still can catch up the weaknesses of the condition, which is now or the fatigue that has now occurred, is Of course the issue of the time. I think that we will have sufficient opportunity to the last 14 days before the start of the World Cup in Mexico, us meet to prepare... Whether the team is better now than in 1966, that it cannot be said: that can not play, can be no comparisons. I hope that it turns out during the games." Photographer: training scenes, ZL.
02. Berlin, Olympic Stadium: Football international match Germany - Ireland of 2:1 equivalent stands, game scenes in ZL, Uwe Seeler on the field. Overath is right in the penalty area. Seeler shoots head ball goal to 1:0 cheering spectators, ball rolling into the goal. Head ball of Saliba, total. Löhr scores goal to the 2:0 Seeler, almost alone in the picture, shoots. Irish shot lands in the German goal. Result 2:1.
03. Saarbrücken: SPD party day long shots of the meeting hall at the front large font: SPD. Willy Brandt and Helmut Schmidt smoking, together, great. Brandt with glasses, close. Carlo Schmid and Käthe Strobel, together, great. Klaus Schütz, great. Table with Young Socialists, Chairman of the Young Socialists, Karsten Voigt. Herbert Wehner, speaks great actuality, takes position to the criticism of the Young Socialists: "I would like to respond. Please, read the Godesberg program that makes clear with "Core values of socialism" and "Basic requirements for a decent society", that socialism is a continuing task to fight for freedom and justice, to preserve them and to prove himself in them. Social democracy and democratic socialism mean: so A lot of socialism as necessary for democracy for all to realize. So A lot socialism as possible, without stifling the democracy for all. On this dosage it is." Willy Brandt, close, cigarillo ignites itself. Walcott before the meeting, viewed from the rear on the lectern. Applauding participants.
04. Cambodia: US invasion and counter-demonstrations fight scenes, the so-called hook and Parrot beak: 1 tanks in the area. Fire tank gun. Tank drives together a bunch of bikes. Aircraft in the air, detonated in wooded area. Demonstrations, Paris: Peaceful demonstration and rally with transparent "Mouvement contre le antisémitisme". London: Students with transparent "British campaign for peace in Viet Nam". COP collection. Young people on the roadside arms and outstretched index finger held high, and V-characters. Young people in crowds with police.
Berlin: Demonstrators. Transparent: "victory in the war of the people". Enraged protesters behind barriers. Stone thrower, remote; Water cannons, Stacheldrahtverhau. Water cannons, total and policemen. Mounted police. Swivel on dead horse. Police officer group, before that car with a half-dozen windshield. Injured carried off on stretchers. Police in front of the America House, thrown stones on the road. Inserted window panes.
05 Oberammergau: passionsspiele scene of the last supper, total, Christ actor, original sound. Road sign: Passionsspielhaus. Road construction workers. Bearded men of Oberammergau of ages. Painter paints the picture on wall, wood carver on monk character, big. Various wood carving. The Festspielhaus viewers. People at the Office, pan over display of a devotional Act, Madonna. Bearded men on tractors, bikes, motorcycle. Long shot of the stage, auditorium with cameramen and photographers. Theo Petersen (German newsreel) with headphones to the tape device. Several scenes of the passion play "Entry into Jerusalem". Original sound of the song. Christ starring on donkeys.
06th Dove-Elbe: motorboat racing of the 350 cc class Grand Prix of Europe powerboat athletes prepare their boats. Boats are most thin booms to water. Man is launching pad. Racing scenes, crash, scenes at the turn. Under the drivers Kurt Mischke / Berlin in his boat. Pots-eating woman and small boy on garden chairs on the shore. Mischke, decreases helmet large in the boat. Latecomers contributor to.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Training d soccer national-Mannsch. Malente & statement of Helmut Schön game: Germany/Ireland in Berlin camera: fire, Rühe origin: Fox pool SPD Party Conference in Saarbrücken camera: Luppa anti-United States protests away. Invasion of Kamodja camera: Pahl origin: Pathé journal, vis news, Turner enterpr., looking typically world passion play in Oberammergau camera: Wiers, Brandes powerboat race Dove-Elbe, Gr. price of Europe camera: Rühe, fire at the beginning and end of total length
Uwe Seeler’s 85th Birthday (* November 5, 1936)
The German soccer icon Uwe Seeler is considered one of the best strikers of his time, even to this day. His spectacular goals, fighting spirit and down-to-earth attitude turned him a folk hero - especially in his hometown of Hamburg, where he played professionally for the HSV since the age of 17. The "fat man," as his teammates affectionately called him because of his compact stature, had the ability to hit from the most impossible positions, whether falling, lying down or - as in the 1970 World Cup match against England - with the back of his head. Above all, he never gave up on a game until it was really over: the game against Braunschweig in 1957 was very memorable, it went down in soccer history as the "Miracle of the Weser". His team was trailing 0:4 at half time, but in the end they won 6:4 with three goals from Seeler. In 1961 he turned down a million Deutsch Mark deal from Inter Milan. Instead, he worked part-time as a sports goods salesman to compensate for the meagre income that footballers were paid at the time, which made him even more popular. The sympathy was therefore enormous when a ruptured Achilles tendon in 1965 seemed to threaten his career. But Seeler wouldn't be Seeler if he didn't give his all to return to the pitch. When he managed to do so it caused a sensation.
Thus the famous "Uwe, Uwe, Uwe" chants resounded for the last time only in 1972 - at his farewell game in front of 70,000 fans in Hamburg's Volkspark Stadium. By then, he had scored over 1,000 goals for HSV, participated in four World Cups and scored 43 goals in 72 international matches for the German national team. He was the first athlete ever to receive the Federal Cross of Merit, he was chosen as a permanent delegation member of the national team and last but not least he was made an honorary citizen of the city of Hamburg, which for Seeler was the most important award. His loyalty to his beloved HSV is unabated: he regularly sits in the stadium, outside of which stands a huge bronze sculpture of his right foot.
More video clips on this subject
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 714/1963
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 447/1958
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 818/1965
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 822/1965