UFA-Dabei 755/1971 12.01.1971
1st portrait of the Polish party leader Gierek cityscapes Katowice, modern buildings, road security. Polish. Newspaper head with Gierke image, large and close. Parliament inside, totally. Gierek at the lectern, half-total and total before Lenin image. Gierek at Veterans and big laughing. Half total talking without sound. In hat and coat in the crowd, receives flowers from a young girl. Traffic COP, passers-by.
02. traffic report I. To the new highway code March 1 1971 right of way signs new traffic signs, individually, big, Trafofahrten. Police building. Buggy drives before, jump out of young people and the police before large map with police officers. On the road: The "buggy" stops Peter car give way sign, behind it. Old traffic signs be replaced on every corner. Up to the 8-sided stop sign that hung over the old "stop" sign. The new label will be sprayed, is yet to recognise as a stop sign.
03. Sahara Report III bus of the trans-Sahara expedition West Africa with trailer, total and half total. Bus in the Rocky Hoggar massif and neutral settings of area, panning over rocks. Inscription Rock "Ermitage de L' Asecrem you Père de Foucauld 1910-1916". Swing of stone ruins on desert. Writer René Gardi, with Sahara-book in hand, large and close interview talks about his relationship to the Sahara.
Interview: "I am one of the fools that has lost its soul in the Sahara really. The strange fact is also that no one just comes out of this country, as he entered. Here is brought to life on a simple formula. you suddenly know what is important is all the whole materialism of European life, that simply falls away from one. Man is happy and bedürfnislos here in a strange way, it's hard to explain."
Tuareg women in dark robes, one with a load of wood on her head. Tuareg camp, women, hands with spindle (?) close. Several settings Tuareg children, many flies in the face, great amulets, minaret made of clay in the market town of Agades, total. Market scenes. Supporters of the bus: the tourists on the sleeping bus and in the bunks. Plastic bucket filled with water from tank. Old tourists. Man washes in bucket. Palm trees against the evening sky.
04. Native American flutist Facio Santillán, with the song "El condor pasa" Facio Santillán plays on reed flute mouthpiece above song, various settings by him and his companions, guitar, drum, and Indian harp etc great. Then on snowball fight of his companions on Berliner Straße and walk.
5th International Women's ski race, Oberstaufen close, knitting a French runners before the start, close. Foot is used in binding, close. Start of the slalom. Start and run by Rosi Mittermaier, is 6 winner Michele Jacot, France. Special slalom series Cup: ZL. Fall of Rosi Mittermaier, which, however, can continue. PLN-run by Jocelyne Perrilat, big Michel Jacot and start walking, ZL. Half total winners.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Portrait of Polish. Party leader Gierek origin: Polkronika traffic report I give way sign camera: Rieck, Jürgens Sahara - Report III camera: Rühe flutist Facio Santillán camera: Pahl, Petersen internally. Women's ski race Oberstaufen camera: Rau, Rühe, Ganesh at the beginning and end of total length
50th Years of New Traffic Regulations (March 1, 1971)
On March 1, 1971 Germany’s new traffic regulations become enforced, taking the place of the old 1937 rules which had seen their last update in 1956. On one hand the government was finally reacting to the fact that traffic had grown—which also meant a higher percentage of accidents, on the other hand it introduces internationally binding regulations.
Under the new regulations, which had been ratified a year earlier, drivers must use the blinker when changing lanes, they must keep a minimum distance to other cars and they must form an emergency corridor in congested traffic, among other things.
In addition there are a bunch of new traffic signs and re-designs. For example, the priority sign and the road construction signs are amended. In accordance with a 1968 treaty regarding the international standardization of traffic signs the octagonal red and white stop sign replaces the old German stop sign. A number of traffic signs receive new colours, standardized sizes and lettering.
The enforcement of the new traffic regulations comes with a widespread information campaign, ranging from the German Postal Service issuing a special stamp edition to a TV traffic quiz. Even the Red Army Fraction takes advantage of the announcement of the new regulations: Horst Mahler’s text „The Gaps of Revolutionary Theory—Establish the Red Army!“ written in prison in 1971 is smuggled out of prison concealed in a copy of the newly published traffic regulations.