UFA-Dabei 815/1972 07.03.1972
01 Ulm: weightlifting tournament and interview close Rudolf Mang weight rod, weight-lifter, includes the rod hand. Foot, close, several settings. Various tensed faces of the lifters, close. Feet of lift, close. One drop the weight, total. 25 kg ring is pushed onto the rod, close. Rudolf Mang lifting large and close. Place Bellenberg: lowered railroad crossing gate. Swing on House of Mang in Bellenberg. Ranking drive on garage. Mang goes in his exercise room and in special training device. Mang actuality: Mang, close, lifting and pushing. M world record, with 230,5 kg in the press, total.
02. Frankfurt: Frankfurt trade fair for various settings of the fair and its visitors, including table lighter in multiple settings that automatically turns off if the appliance. Table covered with blue onion Dinnerware. Porcelain balls as a wall decoration. Reciprocally provided glasses. Hessian Minister Osswald with other men in conversation, great. Swing above crowds. Melitta dishware. Ceramic tableware and the output materials, close. Pen and ink Illustrator by Faber-Castell, close. Drawing Board with swivelling characters head. Golden Schreibgarnitur, close. Fully electronic Yamaha organ. Hands on manual, close. Foot on the pedal, close. Children's music course, swing.
03. Darmstadt: ESOC, Houston on the Rhine road ride on board with the inscription "ESOC". Driving shots around the building of the ESOC. Mini antenna, close. Control room. Harris / NASA, half total speaks interview: "well, I think, to put together the 10 participating Nations with their 10 different mentalities to a well functioning control team. This work is done, I will look now for another country, where I can build an another control center. "The Darmstadt Center's main tasks: monitoring artificial satellites, the processing of the received data and last but not least, the preparation of new projects, even the firing of rockets on American turf." - "can Europe meet this requirement?" - "sure, there are many areas where the American technology is superior to here us. "But there are areas where we are next in Darmstadt: in the scientific satellite monitoring and the evaluation of measured data." Several recordings in the control room. Equipment, screen and several driving shots, Multimeter, telephone system. Pan across computing systems: 2 technicians at work, total. O-ton of Harris: "the TD satellite explores the Gama-rays of our solar system. We need the control center and the ground stations, specifically to provide the results of the star researchers in Europe." Control room in Darmstadt, rocket on screen. Actuality of the countdown. Rocket launch full-screen.
04. Hamburg: Humphries Les his group of original sound of the group, pictures of them at the football game and play in a schoolyard. Several settings of individual members, great. All run at the sounding of a Bell character in class and sit down. Near Les Humphries. Actuality: "today will have a new title. This is our new single and is called "old man moses". Let's start BB´s." Various settings during the song, many close-ups. Interview: "my name is Les Humphries and I am the head of this group. The reason why I founded a group, is simply because I needed an anchor in the Studio as a show producer and arranger. We come from six Nations. Les Humphries, close. Individual members of the group, close. Elizabeth Mitchel from Jamaica, Christopher Yim of Korea, Christina Werner from Stockholm, Judy Archer from Trinidad, Peggy Evers / fronds. Further speech Les Humphries, close, o-ton: "reason that we come to believe I, is it, that a Very much hard rhythm we outnumbered our music, and that music is even so a mixture between rock, Gospel and blues, and soul." Several settings during the song, mostly close-ups. Run all over the schoolyard.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Tournament, weight lifting camera: Rau Frankfurt fair camera: Jackson Houston on the Rhine (ESOC) camera: Luppa Les Humphries camera: Jackson, fire at the beginning and end of total length
50th Anniversary of the European Space Operations Centre in Darmstadt (Sept 8, 1967)
On September 8, 2017 the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt celebrates its 50th anniversary. ESOC is in charge of overseeing the operation of all satellites of the European Space Agency (ESA). For this purpose it maintains a global network of ground stations. Since its opening „Europe’s gateway to space“ has sent almost 80 satellites into space—among them communications, navigations, earth observation, weather and climate protection satellites. The operations centre also supervised ESA missions such as Huygens, Mars Express, Rosetta and Herschel/Planck as well as projects by other international organizations, such as NASA.
ESOC’s beginnings trace back to the foundation of ESA’s two predecessor institutions European Space Research Organization (ESRO) and European Launcher Development Organization (ELDO) in 1962. A year later the European Space Data Analysis Centre (ESDAC) opens, which operates the mainframe that analyzes satellite data. When ESOC is established in 1967, satellite control is transferred from the Dutch space research and technology centre Noordwijk, which had maintained the first European satellite ESRO-1, to Darmstadt. Within a few months the first ESOC-controlled satellite was launched.