UFA-Dabei 832/1972 04.07.1972
01 Hamburg: Derby in Horn snake betting offices. People at the the betting levy quote. Horses in the lead ring. "Lady Fred" with giant feathered hat is interviewed, o-ton: "What interests you so much about the horse?" - "Why?" - "it would be interested in us." - "Ah, I would not like to give information, I'm taken here with the horses to complete." Pictures from previous newsreels with Lady Fred as a Racecourse visitor. Horses in the main machine. Start and race. Horses race from the front, ZL. The jockeys in the saddles. Speakers at race announcement. Home stretch. Finish in ZL. Tarim won with Jockey Geoff Lewis. Tarim shies away with laurel wreath.
02. Munich: Keys of the Olympic buildings under formidable Brandt, Strauß. Passing a large plastic key to Willi Daume, as viewers Mayor Jochen Vogel.
03. Berlin: Cannes Film Festival short film awards. Dr. Wiers receives award for the Beethoven film "The gift". Reception at the Schloß Bellevue by Heinemann. Among the guests of Rainer Werner Fassbinder. Heinemann in conversation with guests.
04. Vienna: Roy Young Band playing pop musician. Drummer, harmonica player. Guitarist. Roy Young with an old hat at the piano. Player on screen. Roy Young jumps on piano.
05. Madrid: Bull (Bull as the winner) Plaza de Toros. Tourists as a spectator. Horses with armored protection skins are knocked to the ground. Torero is thrown from the bull to the ground. Taurus is distracted with towels. Bull tramples on Bullfighter. Torero stays.
06. Paris: World Championship of the fakirs fire-eater. Tongue is pierced. Really. Fakir sleeps on knives. Sewing through skin. Needles are sewn through skin and so that cart, sits on the woman, pulled. Fakir pierces his body with sabers from the rear to front and side.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Honors; Interviews; festivals; filmmaking; Musical events; Olympics 1972; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness); sports audience, sports spectator; bullfighting; Social events; Architecture; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Horner Derby camera: Jürgens, Salgado, l., fire, Zaki, Ahsendorf key Olympic buildings origin: Fox Film Festival, short film award Heinemann in Berlin camera: Jürgens, Kopleck Roy Young Band origin: Austria Bull (Bull as the winner) origin: No.-do World Championship of the fakirs origin: Pathé journal at the beginning and end of total length
Have you seen these gems?
Welt im Bild 43/1953
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 191/1953
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 74/1951
Welt im Film 148/1948
Welt im Film 280/1950