UFA-Dabei 949/1974 01.10.1974
01 Hamburg: FDP Party Congress of Hamburg Congress Centrum. Arrival: Genscher, Frederick, cameramen and photographers. W. Mak, big and close from the front. Josef Ertl and Liselotte Funcke at the table sitting. On the wall, large, FDP. 25th National Convention 1974 Hans Dietrich Genscher speaks, o-ton: "this Party Congress, my friends in the party, is dedicated to a growing discussion on item and location of the free Democrats. We want the civil State, as a liberal but we want not the Federation Government and we also want not the Union State, ladies and gentlemen. We act impartially according to this liberal view that we are on our own. For us was abandoned 1972 no entrepreneurs display in the Bundestag election campaign, not a Union leaflet distributed and not a pastoral letter read. ... For the election proposal No. 1, Dr. Friedrichs, 204 delegates for the election proposal No. 2 190 voted delegate to a no vote. So is Dr. Elected Frederick as Deputy Chairman." Frederick large and close, Hildegard Hamm-Brücher, big and close. Martin Schleyer, Hamburg's Governing Mayor Peter Schulz, Maihofer. Genscher gets flowers. Frederick and Maihofer during the announcement of the election result. Ralf Dahrendorf. Photographers.
02. Cologne: Photokina trick shooting with eyes. Nizo film cameras. Photographierender men and photographierendes women. Instamatic 92. Economics Minister Frederick visited the exhibition. A girl demonstrates for Friderichs Super 8 sound movie camera. Jürgens (German newsreel) on a camera. Various exhibits. Rollei 110, A large and close. Rolleiflex SLX - the first SLR camera. Film cassettes, the drive technology consists of a battery pack. The jurisdiction of Brown. India tandem demo unit. The electronic Flash F 900 Pilottone-Super-8 camera Nitzo. Old photo and camera equipment.
03. Bad Oldesloe: ADAC crash test a VW 1500 runs at 60 km/h frontal against a caterpillar. Total damage to the car. A man on a Slingshot sled at a pace of 15. A police officer also tried the sled. With a helicopter, a car is lifted up. You can fall off the wagon. The case from 40 meters corresponds to the impact at rate 100 deformation of the car also in ZL. Total damage. Petrol runs out.
04. France: Crashing Amazons breakdown from El Mundo 626 / 4 - same section. "Secretary of State for women" Giraud her work room. Through the window: City recordings - Paris. You hang pictures on the wall. Hug your child. A woman in the beauty salon gets treatment. Makeup. A woman playing piano. A woman at the typewriter. A woman cooks. Same women as "Stuntwomen". A stunt woman get in the car. At the wheel. Several shots in a "hell drivers"-demonstration. Burning cars, cars roll over several times. Also ZL recordings.
05. Kiel: City Portrait Kiel aircraft from the front and bottom. Dad daughter on his shoulder. Both go on the escalator. Sailing. A city from the air. Ball-head typewriter. Tree branches. Marines. Sailing on the fjord. Modern buildings. The Town Hall. Recordings from the destroyed town hall and the city of Kiel after the war. Jazz on the square. Max von der Grün writes book dedications. North America. Ships. Bridge, a ship going down. Oslo-Kiel. Shipyards. Kiel-Schilksee Marina. Sailing boats with full sail.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Dahrendorf, Ralf; Ertl, Josef; Friederichs, Hans; Funcke, Liselotte; Genscher, Hans-Dietrich; Grün von der, Max; Hamm-Brücher; Jürgens, Curd; Maihofer, Werner; Mischnik, Wolfgang; Schleyer, Martin; Schulz, Peter
Sachindex Wochenschauen; Domestic events; Women, mothers; Townscapes: Germany; Townscapes: Europe; Technology; accident series; parts of the body: eyes, noses, mouths, ears, beard, hands, legs; automotive engineering, automotive; Jobs; Exhibitions; Technology; transport
Translated by Microsoft Translator
UFA-Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- FDP - Congress/Hamburg camera: fire, l., Zakariah Photokina Cologne camera: Luppa, Jürgens, Luppa crash test ADAC / Bad Oldesloe camera: Rieck, Rühe Stuntwomen origin: Pathé journal City Portrait Kiel camera: fire at the beginning and end of total length
Camera Manufacturer Rollei was Founded 100 Years Ago (February 1, 2020)
In the realm of photography the name Rollei reverberates, even today. The company’s Rolleiflex camera enjoys cult status. It all goes back to the ingenious mechanic and founder Reinhold Heidecke. To turn his vision for a new kind of camera for the up and coming roll film into reality, he and businessman Paul Franke found the Werkstatt für Feinmechanik und Optik, Franke & Heidecke in 1920. One of their first products, the Rolleidoscope, is the first roll film camera to produce stereoscopic pictures. Later it would lend the company and brand its name “Rollei”.
Eight years after the company’s founding Heidecke’s and Franke’s dream finally becomes reality: The Rolleiflex is the first twin-lens reflex camera that uses roll film in a 6x6 cm format. The camera is unusually compact thanks to its two lenses that lie atop of each other. It is very robust and also provides very high image quality, making it popular with professional photographers and photojournalists.
In the coming years the company develops additional models, such as the less expensive Rolleicord and tirelessly works on improving the Rolleiflex. The camera finally has its golden years in the 1950s, thanks to a lack of competitors but also thanks to the development of new equipment such as telephoto and wide-angle lenses and its underwater-housing.
After Heidecke's death in 1960—Franke passed away 10 years earlier—Rollei undergoes a complete restructuring due to a massive expansion of its product line. However, the only successful new product is the Rollei 35, a miniature camera the size of a pack of cigarettes. Business is up and down with a changing roster of CEOs and owners, the opening and closing of a number of production sites, bankruptcies and outsourcing as well as the sale of trademark and licensing rights. Today the label Rollei primarily sells photo and camera accessories as well as actioncams and dashcams.