Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 333/1956 15.06.1956
01 Adenauer in the United States (4. travel) propeller aircraft seen. Stair is placed on aircraft. Photographers. Adenauer comes down stairs and is welcomed by Ambassador Krekeler, and the Deputy Mayor of New York. Pan Waldorf Astoria hotel. On the terrace of Adenauer in conversation with Hallstein and the Mayor. Daughter Libeth Wehrhahn talking to Karima. Police officers at the entrance of the hotel. Adenauer going in car. Visiting a college friend Danny Heinemann in Greenwich 50 km away. Walk in the Park and talking to Claire Bootheluce. Adenauer in New Haven when moving to the old campus of Yale University. There, Adenauer is awarded an honorary doctorate of the rights. Audience clapping. Adenauer bowed politely with a scarf around the neck.
02. Stockholm: Opening the Olympic Games of rider, Elizabeth and Prince Philip aboard the yacht Britannia on arrival in Stockholm. Jet fighter squadrons to receive. Creates launch. Elizabeth and Philip go ashore and Adolf and Queen Luise will be greeted by the Swedish King Gustaf VI.. Elizabeth and King Gustaf step out front of the stand. Elizabeth ascends carriage. Soldier side, great. Drive through the town accompanied by horsemen escort. 2 days later: In horse-drawn carriage ride Elizabeth II and King Gustaf and 2. Philip and Queen Luise in equestrian Stadium drive a carriage. Official gallery. Catchment of the 29 teams. 3 riders and 3 Amazons advance carry the Olympic flag. Horses shy away from the part. The German team rides up in 25th place with Fritz Thiedemann as flag-bearer. Prince Bertil holds a short speech. King Gustaf opened the Equestrian Games. Pigeons fly up. Swedish rider ignited the Olympic flame. Colonel St. Cyr Olympic champion speaks of 1952, Olympic Oath.
03. Les Saintes Marie de la Mer: Gypsy meeting Gypsies in the streets of the southern city. Storage bins. Woman washing her hair. Man shaves. Laundry line. Procession to the banks. Gypsy dances.
04. adventures with Jupp Hussels and Walter Gross: full throttle and brake car traffic. CAR and motorcycle riders encounter in crossing. Jupp Hussels gets out of the car and makes the speech, contempt of the right of way when coming from side street with full throttle motorcycle driver Walter Gross.
05. circus Franz Althoff of circus camels, horses, clowns, elephants come. Franz Althoff trained elephant Ballet young dancers. 11 year old boy trained on the wire rope. Handstand. Sea Lion training. Jugglers. Feat of strength.
06. France: Bicycle Polo Versailles - Paris 2:1 cyclist playing Polo with a small ball and racket. Fall.
07. Hamburg: HSV - Borussia Dortmund 2-1 game scenes. Spectators close to half. Corner Dortmund with dangerous goal scenes. After 15 minutes of the game, Dortmund is a 1:0 lead. Viewers laugh, great. HSV storms. Foul on HSV player in the penalty area without referee decision. Shots on the Dortmund goal. Enthusiastic spectators. 23. Minute flank forward, gate cheer stool 1:1 players and spectators. POWERPLAY of the HSV. Striker that shoots 2:1 viewers image filling arms tear up. Offside goal of stool in the 2nd half, that is not recognized. Attacks on end Dortmund remain without success. Viewers filling picture.
08 Oberhausen: Speedway precipitates to the World Championship motorcycle riders on the track in the race. Viewers protect themselves behind plane from dust. Cornering. 2. Austrian collide. Workers with stretchers. Fritz Dirtl died from his injuries. Race goes on, boys cheer. Winner of Kjell Carlsson / Sweden at award ceremony.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Althoff, Franz ; Bertil von Schweden ; Booth Luce, Claire ; Elisabeth II. von England ; Gross, Walter ; Gustav Adolf VI. von Schweden ; Hallstein, Walter ; Heinemann, Danny ; Hussels, Jupp ; Krekeler ; Luise von Schweden ; Philip Mountbatten von Edinboroug ; Werhahn, Libeth ; Carlsson, Kjell ; Dirtl, Fritz ; Schemel ; Stürmer, Klaus
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Customs ; Football ; motor sports ; Olympics 1956 ; Medals, awards, honors ; cycling, cycle ball ; Shipping ; Sports details, fouls ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Dance ; Animals (except dogs) ; People ; Military ; Circus ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Military ; Sports honors ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 333/1956
Die Zeit unter der Lupe (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title: Adenauer in United States opening equestrian Olympics Stockholm meeting of Gypsies in southern France origin: purchased material "Full throttle and brake" circus Franz Althoff Sports Football: HSV Borussia Dortmund camera: Seib, basic French cycle Polo origin: Pathé journal internSpeedway final
Have you seen these gems?
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 236/1954
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 188/1953
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 808/1965
Welt im Bild 83/1954