Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 392/1957 02.08.1957
1 Berlin: twelve point programme for reunification signed a proclamation to the German reunification. Arrival of the Ambassador of the 3 Western powers before the Schöneberg Town Hall. Policemen salute. Arrival of Brentano. Heinrich von Brentano actuality: "12 years have passed since the end of the war. The hope of the peoples of the world for a fair and lasting peace have not been fulfilled but. "One of the main reasons that it to no understanding came, is the continued division of Germany, representing the German people to a serious injustice and is the main source of international tension in Europe." Flags of England, United States, France and Germany. As a listener by Eckart. Letter signed by Brentano and the ambassadors of the Western powers.
02. Berlin: Min Grotewohl and Ulbricht welcomed State visit of the President of North Vietnam Ho Chi at the airport of Ho Chi Minh. Warm kisses.
03. London: Arrival of Dulles to the Conference on Disarmament will aircraft roll out. Dulles and wife coming down stairs. Welcome speech by Foreign Secretary Selwyn Lloyd and US Abrüstung representative streets.
04. Moscow: Negotiations of the German economic delegation conference table. Ambassador Lahr with the German delegation. Semyonov as Soviet leader.
05. Moscow: Opening of the World Youth Festival Grand Parade of young people. Waving from cars. Opening ceremony. Invasion of the participants. Picture of Nasser is borne by the Egyptian delegation.
06. Holland: 12,000 young people go 4-days from Nijmegen. Go detachment of the German Bundeswehr. Female Israelite soldiers. Civilians. Go feet. Windmill turns. Care of the feet.
07. Cologne: Alwegbahn model of the Alweg monorail. Test drive of the train on a test track. Drive through the traffic on track. Arrival on station. The Swedish Builders Axel Wennergren.
08. Berlin: poodle race invading the poodle owners and race. Stretch run before mistress and master. Catch the poodle after the race.
09 Brussels: 6-international athletics match pole vaulter, high jumper. 400 m run: start and run. HomeStretch. 48 sec WINS Weber / Switzerland. Cooling / Germany. 110 m hurdles: it wins Dohen / France prior to Bert stone. 100 m run: Manfred Germar WINS in 10.4 seconds.
10 Augsburg: Wildwater canoeing World Cup canoeing on the Eiskanal. Drive through slalom gates. Boat capsizes. Winner of the a Brigitte Magnus / Leipzig. Race of the mixed doubles. It win NIC / Pacherowa / CSSR. Drive through raging Weirs. Winner of Manfred Schubert / East Berlin.
11 Düsseldorf: Coincides with the Grand Prize of North Rhine-Westphalia horses in the lead ring. Start. Race. Bow. Enema in the HomeStretch. Mogul front. Viewers with binoculars. Mogul with Jockey Paul Fuchs WINS.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Brentano von, Heinrich; Dulles, John Foster; Eckardt von, Felix; Grotewohl, Otto; Ho Chi Minh; Lahr; Lloyd, Selvyn; Nasser, Gamal Abdel; Selwyn, Lloyd; Semjonow, Wladimir; Stassen, Harold; Ulbricht, Walter; Wenner-Gren, Axel; Dohen; Germar, Manfred; Kühl, Jürgen; Magnus, Brigitte; Nic; Pacherowa; Schubert, Manfred; Steines, Bert; Weber, Paul
Sachindex Wochenschauen; DDR; Railways; Kayaking, canoeing, whitewater; Education, youth; Flags; Political events; Police; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness); sports audience, sports spectator; sporting events; State visits (inside); Animals (except dogs); Athletics, jogging, fun run; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen; German 99.169 weekly show GmbH:; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 392/1957
Die Zeit unter der Lupe (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand: "Berlin Declaration" - Proclamation camera: Jansen Dulles in London origin: Pathe news Ho Chi Minh in East Berlin origin: DEFA German trade delegation in Moscow origin: DEFA World Youth Festival origin: DEFA 4 days walking in Holland origin: Polygoon Alweg - Bahn camera in Cologne: basic poodle race in Berlin camera: Jansen athletics in Brussels (6 K ld.) origin: Belgavox canoeing slalom-Weltmeistersch. Augsburg camera: rough, Hafner Gr. price v. Nordrh.-westf. (Horse racing)
Camera: Stoll, students final mark:
50th Anniversary of Ho Chi Minh’s Death († September 2, 1969)
His struggle for Vietnam’s independence made Ho Chi Minh a father figure of his native country, a role model to anti-colonialist liberation fighters all over the world and an icon of the international student movement.
Ho Chi Minh was most likely born on May 19, 1890 as the son of a Confucian teacher. He witnesses the Vietnamese population’s cruel treatment by the French
Colonial authorities, which politicizes him early on. He decides to leave his country at the age of 21, as he wants to find out more about his occupier.
After World War I Woodrow Wilson’s proposes the right of self-determination of peoples. While in France, Ho Chi Minh attempts to claim this right for his home country. However, he fails and the French secret service categorizes him as a „terrorist“. Around the same time the young man starts reading Lenin and sympathizes with his idea of a worldwide communist uprising against the power of capital.
In 1923 Ho Chi Minh travels to Moscow, where he enrols at the Communist University of the Toilers of the East and co-writes a groundbreaking essay on guerrilla warfare. Seven years later he co-founds the Vietnamese Communist Party in Hong Kong, which would soon inspire the emergence of the KP Indochina. He establishes the pro-Communist Viet Minh independence movement during World War II to counter the Japanese invaders that had collaborated with the French colonialists. In 1945 he proclaims the Democratic Republic of Vietnam in Hanoi and participates in the Indochina War against France to fight for its recognition. When the country is partitioned and the Vietnam War begins Ho Chi Minh supports the like-minded Viet Cong in the South up until his death in 1969. However benevolently and modestly he looks in photographs, the man would not shy away from torture and mass executions for the sake of the “good cause.”
Shortly after the victory of the Communist North and the reunification of Vietnam the former capital of South Vietnam Saigon is renamed Ho-Chi-Minh-City in his honour.
More video clips on this subject
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 40/1950
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 247/1954
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 392/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 393/1957
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 420/1958
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 943/1968