Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 581/1961 17.03.1961
01 Bonn. Important statements of the Chancellor at a press conference. Adenauer Besides sitting eckardt, journalists ask questions to Adenauer, he answers them (all original).
02. Vienna. The visit of Polish Foreign Minister. Rapacki. Rapacki is by Bu. Pres.. Receive sharpening. Rapacki, big, talking, no sound.
03. London. The Conference of the Commonwealth countries. Nehru in addition to South Africa, V. Khan, McMillan welcomes a coloured man, Diefenbaker in addition to Emmanuel.
04. Tehran. Glittering reception for Queen Elizabeth. Waving Iranian flag, great. Elizabeth next to the Shah, Prince Philip in addition to Farah. Of Persian carpets, large, the Masjide Shah mosque, swing from bottom to top on the front of the mosque, and the mosque totally. Vibrates exercises of schoolchildren against the Queen and the Shah on the grandstand, strong men wielding clubs.
05. Waldbröl. The work in the first federal civil air defence school. Posters to stop column, shelter is established in an old cellar, false ceilings and reinforced walls built, devices for the air raid. Men with fire fighting exercises.
06. Brussels. Interesting new products at the exhibition. Lastenhebeapparat with foot control, folding table, carrying chairs, direction indicators for motor cyclists.
07. Detmold. A one-man U-boat for the German fisheries. Man crawling into the miniature submarine, is left in the water, swimming, underwater shots.
08th USSR, United States and Germany. The new "VW". Production of the Russian VW's, various settings of the car. -American VW, great car with 2, 3 liter engine on the road and motorway driving. -The new VW with 1, 5 liter engine on the test track driving, different settings.
09th Wiesbaden. Ambassadors of fashion from 7 Nations show the latest Dralon models. Mademoiselle lator, cocktail dress, Switzerland, France, Melanie Florian afternoon dress, Chinese Moi Yib, day ensemble, Finnish may-Britt Seitava, El. Mantal, fashion house Nina Ricci evening dresses.
10 Hamburg. HSV - FC Burnley. Young people run on the turf after the game, couple kisses.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Adenauer, Konrad ; Ayub, Khan ; Diba, Farah ; Diefenbaker ; Eckardt von, Felix ; Elisabeth II. von England ; Florian, Josephine ; Lator ; McMillan, Harold ; Nehru, Indira ; Philip Mountbatten von Edinboroug ; Rapacki ; Reza Pahlevi von Persien ; Ricci, Nina ; Seitava, May-Britt ; Schärf ; Verwoerd ; Yib, Moi
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Industry ; child care, education problems ; Education, youth ; Flags ; Football ; Political events ; Press, press conferences ; Shipping ; Ships ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; Cities ; automotive engineering, automotive ; Air raid ; Fashion ; Exhibitions ; Viewers and audience ; Industrial ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 581/1961
Die Zeit unter der Lupe (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Start point 7 m press conference Adenauer camera: Luppa Polish. Außenmin. Rapacki in Vienna origin: Austria Konf. d. Commonwealth countries origin: Pathé news Queen in Persia origin: Pathé News Swiss Federal air-raid school origin: Cine journal inventors fair in Brussels origin: Belgavox one-man submarine camera: Rieck soot. "Volkswagen" origin: Sovkino US Volkswagen "Corvair" new German VW camera: Rieck, Jackson Dralonmoden, Wiesbaden camera: strong football HSV: FC Burnley camera: Rieck, Seib, basic end-mark 3.1 m
50th Anniversary of Nina Ricci’s Death († November 29, 1970)
The fashion designer Nina Ricci makes her mark with her refined feminine Haute Couture made from luxurious fabrics and elaborate ornaments. Her high-end creations quickly become the epitome of the good taste of Paris.
Born as Maria Adélaide Nielli in Turin in 1993 her family moves to Paris when she was 12 years old. A year later she begins an apprenticeship at a dressmaker’s. At age 18 she takes on a management position at the same company and soon is made head designer. In 1904 she marries jeweller Luigi Ricci, they have a son one year later. In 1908 she goes back to work and is hired by the couture house Raffin, where she would stay on as a designer for two decades.
In 1932 she and her son Robert found their own label „House of Nina Ricci“, a combination of her nickname and her husband’s family name.
The designer prefers to work with the fabric directly on the mannequin. Her creations are well received with the French upper class. After World War II she is invited to participate in a couture fashion show at the Louvre. Among the audience were many international guests, who made sure her international breakthrough would follow soon. The label gets a strong foothold on the US-American and European market in the next few years. Robert Ricci’s own scents contributed to that, such as “L’Air du Temps”, which went on sale in 1948.
Nina Ricci retires as a designer at the age of 70, her couture house continues to thrive under the management of her son. It becomes so famous that many actresses wear the gorgeous creations on the red carpet. Even pop-artist Andy Warhol designs a shop window for the label. Nina Ricci passes away at the age of 87. Today her name still stands for timeless, feminine elegance.