Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 656/1962 24.08.1962
01 Russia. Conversation In the space. -Original images of major Nikolajenw. i. d. capsule (blurred), Khrushchev. in radio Central, Nikolayev sits down, close, mounting on television and telefonierender Khrushchev, gentlemen looking for, Nikolayev document, ad telefonierd., reads soloseat. large, Raun dead. m. Ph. CHR. in middle.
02. Berlin. Demonstrations f. d. dead Peter Fechter. -Slit in the wall, large, Seitwärtsschwenk OVR. Wall, flowers on the wall, Gr., swing by Show me str lot about police free space on Wall St West Berlin before and behind hochkommd. Fog clouds look practice. Wall Vopo Group b. Remove v. p. Fechter, back two Westberl. Police officer m. vorgehen old. Gun wall i. Htrgrd., close, Fecnter is taken away (as UFA). -Demonstrierd. Amount on space & road, police tried to disperse them, a man is transported v. policemen in green Minna, 2 p. get behind, "Peter-Fechter-Strasse" street signs (coat) and "Koch-str." front rear d. abfahrd. Car, gr, in. "You leave the languages labeled shield Americ. Sector"& daneb. Road signs "Rooms"- & "Charlotten" str. front wall, close, swing on Memorial with people (see UFA), cross inscription "in silent Memorial", glossed over with "Peter-Fechter-Strasse". Shield (former Wilhelmstr 03 Idar-Oberstein. Lübke £n of artillery school... -Front of House with 2 items a. entrance and before that parkd. Car, half-dead, ensigns at coffee tables with Lübke in their midst, various settings. Entertainment betw. Lübke & ensigns, ensigns listening to, close + gr. Related military vehicles, including tanks, soldiers, tanks, close, watching Lübke among. Officers typically 19A. Tribune series, US officers looking to close, close, Lübke nods approvingly, big rocket car, totally and big d. image driving,.
04. holiday sketches.
a. in the Jo Jo, Donald Morris Will his title defending world champion. -Div. Nah-& case & total recording of Morris b. yo-yo game outdoors.
b. Valencia. Outdoor weather cooking. -Cooking is in gr. Pan on hearth stone, close, chefs table when making d. Nationalgerichts, short, terrain m. d. cooking zones dead., before KOCN is related to hockd. Boys from spoon to try something, close the pans on the lawn m., ditzy recording v. a construed hastily essd. The Spaniard, who around with bread on plates, frontal, close.
c. Cattolica / Italy. Election of "Miss leg". -Naked legs next to each other, close, elegant audience at 19A. Tables, close, Lord lively companion, close + g, candidates on stage and one on the podium, Lady on the podium will be released from the head-covering black cowl, comes in swimsuit from a Crouch high close.
d. Idroscalo / Italy. Questionable duck hunting. -Black drummer m. Sombrero, on - and off bouncy, big, swivel on the beating on belly drum pair hands, close, 2 sailors swimming pool edge with liegd. Wild ducks in the water throwing bathers, swimmers To try to catch them with nets on long poles, man will be pulled into the water, jg with lifebuoy. Lady attracts him to network, close.
Sport 05. France. Underwater hunting with harpoons. -Series v. fishing boats at sea off mountains, total, A few settings. Athletes m. oxygen mask, flippers, and Harpoon drop into the water, close to Hunter under water, + total, one with gr. Fisdi in hand, frontal, close, diving in, near, beach with boats and people and ankommd. Boats (v. land off seen), hand holds huge fish off. Mouth. forward, winner shows great fish bystanders, they applaud.
06. Oerstdorf. Figure skating training. -Div. once. Training of the elite on a place, including Bäumlei. and Hinke Kilius, Diana. ü. Bernhard Henappel. -Stand in a semicircle and observe b. d. Uoungen Merry Bäumler b. Weight lifting, Marika with Diana Hinke together rope-jumping, common run, briefly, Bäumler jumps over the other bracket, the men lift the ladies skating training in Stadium, coach cells, large, Kilius/Bäumler b. Latin Americ. Dance.
07. Bremen. German championship of the archers. Shooting range with Schützenreihe & target series, total, div. Nah-, wholesale and detail shots of female and male. D. protect sheet, div. clamping set. Targets with einbohrd. Arrows, shot with bow in hand looking through binoculars, side. great recording hand in front of target, men's ziehen(einzeln) close, arrows from disc, with arrows studded series discs, halbseitl., close, hand on the strained arch, launch, short, Sagittarius makes great disappointed gestures, big.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Sachindex Wochenschauen; archery; Bundeswehr; Demonstrations; Ice skating, art running; Border DDR/BRD, borders; close-ups, detail; Hands; Hunting, Hunter; Erdsateliten; Fishing; Leisure, recreation; Musical events; Posters, fonts, banners; Police; Rockets; Advertising; Religious events; Armor; Shooting; Shipping; Ships; beauty pageants; Diving, diver; Animals (except dogs); Buildings; Military; Military events; Holiday; Entertainment, festivals; Gastronomy; Viewers and audience; Fisheries; Military; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 656/1962
Die Zeit unter der Lupe (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Initial brand 7 m Soviet. Astronaut Nikolayev (telephone conversation with Khrushchev) origin: Sovkino Berlin: murder of Peter Fechter on the wall camera: Pahl Jr.
Origin: gekft. v. GTN Studio helmet. W S [...]day, bln.-Charlottenburg 9, GTN-Studio at the Corbusierhaus Lübke i.d. artillery school in Idar-Oberstein origin: window material Yo-Yo player, Mexico origin: Emasa paella competition cooking, Spain origin: No.-do leg beauty contest in Italy origin: SEDI duck fishing (joke on vacation) origin: SEDI underwater fishing, France origin: Gaumont figure skating training d. German elite, Oberstdf.
Camera: Vlasdeck archery, Bremen camera: Jackson end mark 3.1 m
Nikita Khrushchev’s 125th Birthday (* April 17, 1894)
The First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1953-1964) and Premier of the USSR (1958-1964) is remembered mostly for his impulsive performances. His outburst of rage in front of the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1960—when he supposedly bangs his shoe on the desk—is legendary. But Nikita Khrushchev is more than just the uncouth and bovine country bumpkin as which he is so often portrayed. Underestimated by many the metal fitter has a successful and seemingly silent rise up the party ranks. He is one of the few functionaries who survive all of Stalin’s purging campaigns. Three year’s after Stalin’s death Khrushchev instigates the de-Stalinization with his “secret speech” and introduces a period of domestic political détente—the so-called “Khrushchev thaw”. He releases a large number of inmates from the gulags and initiates an unprecedented number of economic, social, educational and cultural reforms.
For his foreign policy he applies the principle „peaceful co-existence“ in dealing with the west. Eager to win the competition between the systems in the scientific, technological and most of all economic realm, his mantra is „catch-up and overtake“. In order to break the ice with the enemy he and Richard Nixon meet up in July of 1959 and engage in the so-called „kitchen-debate“ about the advantages and disadvantages of communism and capitalism. A few months later he accepts an invitation by Eisenhower and is the first Soviet Premier to visit the USA.
At the same time Khrushchev wants to demonstrate the USSR’s claim of leadership of the “socialist world” and shift the world’s balance of power in its favour. In regards to the “German question” it’s his ultimatum in 1958 that provokes the Second Berlin Crisis. Three years later he agrees to the building of the Berlin Wall. In the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis the Soviet Union and the USA are on the brink of a nuclear war. Khrushchev is ousted in 1964 and replaced by Leonid Brezhnev, as some of his ambitious policies don’t yield the expected success—such as consumer goods production, the reorganization of agriculture or the development of unchartered territory in middle Asia—and many comrades fear that the radical restructuring of the party might result in their loss of power. Khrushchev spends the remainder of his life on his dacha near Moscow until his death in 1971.
More video clips on this subject
Welt im Bild 191/1956
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 322/1956
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 427/1958
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 475/1959
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 479/1959
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 504/1959
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 531/1960
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 552/1960
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 558/1960
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 584/1961
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 593/1961
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau 656/1962