1st Polish director Andrzej Wajda cinematographer behind camera. Director Wajda, large, full-screen. Atelier mirror: "Ashes and diamonds". Girl behind the bar. Still photographs from the film. Wajda during filming of the historic film "The Legion". Marching soldiers in period uniforms. Wajda in Hamburg, close to half sitting at the table. Interpreter sits next to him. Wajda speaks about German film. Scene photos from "The Legion". Camera, large pans. Soldiers climb over barricades. Camera in the foreground.
02. maiden voyage Ms Europe New York close-up of the vessel. The ship in the dock for renovation. Painter at the bow while painting the name of Europe. Interiors of the vessel. In Bremen, passengers go aboard. Anchor rope is solved. People waving on departure of the vessel ashore. The European arrival in New York. Fireboats. Silhouette of the skyline in the background.
03. Hamburg: boat show sailing boats in the exhibition. Motor yachts with price tag. Exhibition visitors, great. Small dinghies. Sandpiper with skis pumped-up goes in the pool.
04. Ralley Monte Carlo cars in the snow on the roads at the rally. Car accident on the side of the road. Cars driving At night with headlights. Cars spin on the smooth road. Presentation of the Cup to the winners.
05. Gstaad: Holiday Crown Princess Beatrix and Claus von Amsberg Claus von Amsberg comes with 2 pairs of skis in addition to Beatrix. Photographers. Beatrix and Amsberg put on skis and skiing on the slope. Photographers are on the verge of the departure. Beatrix and Amsberg sit side by side on the table. Close-up of Beatrix and Amsberg. Amsberg goes next to Beatrix, half-close.
06. France: Gymnast Eveline Letourneur Eveline Letourneur teaches children in gymnastics. It shows them the somersault. Eveline Letourneur forest run, vault, balance beam, floor exercise and on the uneven bars, ZL.
07. Kitzbühel: Hahnenkamm slalom: start and run by runners. The Americans Billy Kidd on the track. He crashes and is then transported away on ski stretcher. Jean Claude Killy on the slopes. Run as winner by the target. Jean Claude Killy run, half-close. Downhill: downhill skiers and falls. Gerhard Nenning / Austria on the route. He is 2. After the run, half-close. Run by Karl Schranz (1.). Run through the goal. He wins in the downhill and combined winner. Spectators clap. Karl Schranz after the run with pushed-up glasses, half-close.
Origin / Type of content
In the spotlight of Polish director Andrzej Wajda camera: Brandes, Seib, Rahim origin: Polkronika information 'Europe'-Ankunft in New York origin: Metro Hamburg boat show camera: Seib Monte Carlo Rally origin: Pathé journal Beatrix and Claus von Amsberg origin: Polygoon sports gymnast Evelyne Letourner origin: Gaumont Hahnenkamm race origin: Austria A and E
Master director - Andrzej Wajda films from Poland enjoyed unusual success in Germany. Now, the Federal Republic is a new film Andrzej Wajda's. The 40 year old master Director hates to depict the everyday life. His pessimism, which is noticeable in all his films increased in "Ashes and diamonds" to the tragic irony. This film on the domestic situation in Poland at the end of the second world war with Ewa Krzyzewska and Zbigniew Cybulski founded his world fame.
Wajda, who studied directing at the national film school in Lodz, worked for 2 years on his latest film "The Legion". Characteristically, it is a monumental work on the Polish struggle for freedom betrayed during the Napoleonic wars. Wajda came to Germany to work on the film for the German audience. When we talked with Wajda in Hamburg, he lamented the lack of good scriptwriters - also in Poland. Proven writers often interchange the desk with the Director's Chair. Bernhard Wicki described Wajda - with caveats, however - as the most notable German filmmaker.
The discussion has shown in Poland on "The Legion" how strong are the sktuellen covers of this historic film. Wajda's heroes are [...], just like in his other films, in hopeless situations. On the question of why this must be so, Wajda was once the eloquent reply: "I'm a Polish Director."
His maiden voyage survived information MS "Europa" the Ozeanriese with the new face. Was recently bought "Kungsholm" by the North German Lloyd for 36 million marks, and the name "Europe to been baptized. It was completely renovated and equipped with all remaining luxury Extras, before the "Europa" schnaufendem Bull could receive 330 passengers.
Launched at the Columbus Quay from Bremerhaven browsed for a 9-tägiges Lucullan feast, because the trip to New York was a journey [...] .] the specialty kitchens all over the world. For the first time, a so-called Director to do, in the range of a ship officer had to organize the well-being of passengers. Helicopter and fireboats received the "Europa" in New York. The subsequent cruises are already fully booked for West India.
Hamburg boat show of the German leisure dreams and social prestige are on the water for a year. Since the wet shaft breaks through Germany, the weekend master wakes up in millions of citizens. The Hamburg boat show - the second largest of its kind in Europe mirror national social order to water.
For the top 100: Lady Lisse, a 17 metre-long Dutch, with living room and bathroom for 316000 mark free. Until deadline, three were the ladies already under permanent contracts.
The best offer in this show: the academics dinghy. Affordable even for German scientists with nearly 500 D-Mark for self construction. Catamarans proved popular water ride of all social classes, so a solitary Sandpiper almost unnoticed. Germany will not run, but go - to water and land.
The hardest rally Monte Carlo Rally driven by In fact hard men ended after more than 5,000 kilometers as farce - as mockery of the fight against dangerous smooth roads, rugged cliffs, to the fatigue of a 7-day tour.
In the Monte Carlo Rally, the winners were disqualified because driving your Mini Cooper with improper headlights. It gives pause that this a French rally is won by a French automotive company.
Princess Beatrix for the noble friends among you, dear audience, finally the winter sports notes from the millionaire Hill in Gstaad. Where the romance began in 1965, was trying to repeat: Crown Princess Beatrix and Claus fiance of Amsbers advanced at the first fasten to the most photographed couple in the season - considerably, considering that a few Hill prepare Monaco Prince and Prussian Prince to go further.
The cute scenes in the hut anticipate happiness already, that should only be sealed by a social event. It is their last holiday on a training Hill - before the wedding.
Sports - Evelyne Letourneur she lives the life of a French gym teacher. Confident children, still the benchmark missing something once to be self-conscious like 18 year old maintain, if they have to wear sport hopes of the Grand nation: Evelyne Letourneur acquired a reputation as the best gymnast in France.
Its amazingly disciplined force is the result of hard training: 15 to 20 hours a week. -Their musicality reveals her passion for tournaments in classic dance.
For 12 years, Evelyne Letourneur began gymnastics, the bullion is the most fascinating sports equipment for them. Nowhere else - she - says a greater chance to the harmonious combination of strength, elegance and rhythm offer. -Despite France expects their own skepticism for 1968 Olympic gold for Evelyne.
Hahnenkamm ski race for the victory they dared the highest risk. The Hahnenkamm race in Kitzbühel was faster and more dangerous than in previous years. With chances of overall victory: The Americans Billy Kidd. But he stuck to a gate pole, canted one ski and crashing hard. Sprain of the ankle joint.
Unchallenged, Jean Claude Killy will slalom winner.
8/10 seconds are missing him to victory in the combined. Killy is depressed: the clock that is ticking inside me, is investigated.
At the. Downhill skiing 16 runners of the World Elite break the track record dating back to 1963. Who loses contact with the ground on the twisty track, threatens to become a victim of the speed.
The Austrian Gerhard Nenning is going through the Sprint line on the Hahnenkamm. When making a cut of 95 km per hour, he has the power to push away the treacherous bumps. He is only surpassed by Karl Schranz. After this victory in the combination, he is the undisputed fastest skiers in the world.
It draws only the faces of the audience joy at this victory but not the winner.
Persons in the Film
Amsberg von, Claus ; Beatrice von Holland ; Wajda, Andrzej ; Kidd, Billy ; Killy, Jean Claude ; Letourneur, Eveline ; Nenning, Gerhard ; Schranz, Karl
Hamburg ; Bremen ; New York ; Gstaad ; Monte Carlo ; Kitzbühel ; France
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; cameramen, cameramen ; filmmaking ; motor sports ; Photographers ; Shipping ; Ships ; Ski, skiing, ski jumping ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Townscapes: North America ; Gymnastics ; People ; Holiday ; Exhibitions ; Sports honors ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator