Die Zeit unter der Lupe 890/1967 14.02.1967
01 El Cordobes back enters the arena El Cordobés rides about his country. El Cordobés in the fight with the Bull. Bull throws him to the ground and step on him and pushes with the horns. El Cordobés, wounded, leaving the arena. El Cordobés in private life. He reads newspapers, large. El Cordobés is gun country. Close-up of El Cordobés sitting on horse, farewell speaks for his admirers. He rides.
02. Brandt in America Capitol, title background. Willy Brandt sitting in the car, great. The White House. Johnson between Brandt and Dean Rusk, half-close. Johnson and Brandt in conversation, great. Brandt and Humphrey, big. Brandt next to U Thant, handshake.
03. Berlin: Angelika Kurtz remains in West Berlin file is closed. Angelika Kurtz, great. Doll, great. Angelika plays after returning from her mother from the East zone with her grandmother. Angelika Kurtz goes between school friends.
04. Kosygin in London waving Russian flag, great. Kosygin comes in addition to Wilson, half-close. Kosygin visited electric company. Kosygin looks through the microscope. Reception at the London Mayor. Toast with glasses, half-close. Wilson, half-close.
05. Hamburg: Building a shed of distribution in the port - largest general cargo - loading facility of the world tug on the river Elbe. Driving record through the large. Distribution sheds. Aerial view of the port facility.
06. Lower Saxony: Hermit Jan Klenke village shield Höper farms. Ponies Gallop on meadow. Old man goes through the village street. German Shepherd barks at the chain. Jan Klenke before his Kate from car wrecks on the edge of the devil Moors. He is ringing with Bell. Dilapidated hut. Kanaan plays harmonica. He drinks from a bottle. In his memoirs, he writes. Mr. Hansen interviewed hermits, o-ton: "Mr Klenke, why you live here?" - "because I here in the great outdoors can grow a garden and can remain until the end of my life. Man tried to put me in the nursing home, but I want to drop the State not to load. I would like to keep my freedom." Old car wrecks. Kanaan Trudges through moor with rubber boots. Villagers announce their opinion about the nerd in interview, o-ton: "really probably not quite, not, but he's happy." - "Yes, that's his own setting." - "you should get him out with violence there?" - "Nee." - "The No." - "no!" - "Yes, so my view is there." - "no, no, he feels happy there, he wants to so live." Kanaan goes on muddy road.
07. Kassel: Niki de Saint Phalle shocked with stage design for "Lysistrata" Niki de St. Phalle front mirror, large. You shoot with a gun on canvas. Images. Pop art and happening sculptures. Scene from "Lysistrata" in stage design, giant female body made of cardboard.
08th Oberstorf: ski flying week Springer at the ski jump. Start and take-off. Recording of the jump from the bottom. Ski jumper who plunges. Lars Grini / Norway, jump world record of 147 m. Sjöberg Sweden 148 m. Sjöberg ski jumps, half-close. Lars Grini jumps 150 m. Grini, half-close.
Origin / Type of content
Persons in the Film
Brandt, Willy ; Hansen, Hans ; Humphrey, Robert ; Johnson, Lyndon B. ; Klenke, Jan ; Kossygin, Alexej ; Kurtz, Angelika ; Rusk, Dean ; Phalle, Niki de Sarkt ; Thant, U. ; Wilson, Harold ; Cordobes, El ; Grini, Lars ; Sjöberg
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Buildings in Germany ; Misery ; Border DDR/BRD, borders ; Dogs ; Interviews ; Justice ; Children ; Flags ; musical instruments ; Shipping ; Ships ; Ski, skiing, ski jumping ; Special reports ; Toys, toys ; 99.412 Deutsche week show GmbH: State visits (outside) ; bullfighting ; Animals (except dogs) ; parts of the body: eyes, noses, mouths, ears, beard, hands, legs ; Cultural events ; Art ; Works of art ; Crime ; Foreign policy events ; aerial photographs ; Construction ; Buildings in North America ; Dogs ; 14 find book new German newsreel slow motion
Translated by Microsoft Translator
Die Zeit unter der Lupe 890/1967
Neue Deutsche Wochenschau (Other title)
- Country of Origin:
- Federal Republic of Germany
Year of Production and/or Release
- Date of Release:
- Year of Production:
- Title brand in the spotlight El Cordobés origin: No.-do information Brandt in United States Angelika Kurtz camera: Pahl Kossygin in London origin: Pathé news distribution sheds in Hamburg under the magnifying glass hermit Kanaan camera: fire current bars Niki de Saint Phalle camera: fire origin: Gaumont sport ski flying Oberstdorf camera: Rau, summer A and E
Niki de Saint Phalle’s 90th Birthday (*October 29, 1930)
Her colourful, voluptuous sculptures of female bodies made the iconic feminist artist famous all over the world: Niki de Saint Phalle.
The artist is born on October 29, 1930 in Neuilly-sur-Seine but mostly grows up in the USA. Her father was an impoverished French banker who had lost his fortune in the stock market crash, her mother was American. At the age of 18 she flees her parents’ home, which was marked by violence and sexual abuse and marries a childhood friend. She gives birth two children and returns to Paris in the early 1950s. The extreme experiences from her childhood keep haunting her and she spends some time in mental institutions. There she realizes that artistic work is both her salvation and a necessity.
After being accepted into the group Nouveaux Réalistes she attracts a lot of attention with her „shooting paintings” which equal an act of liberation. In the mid 1960s she starts creating her legendary „nanas“—female figures reminiscent of archaic fertility sculptures—that will be shown at many important museums around the world.
In some instances she works together with her second husband Jean Tinguely. Two examples are the popular Paris fountain installation La Fontaine de Stravinsky in front of Centre Georges Pompidou and a Tarot garden in Tuscany.
The artist would often come to Germany. In Kassel she designs costumes and does the stage design for the comedy Lysistrata by Aristophanes in 1966. Two years later her own play title ICH premiers at documenta. Niki deSaint Phalle is one of the founding artists of the Bundeskunsthalle in Bonn in 1992. She is made honorary citizen of Hannover in 2000, a city where the installation of three Nanas at the riverside caused quite a scandal in the late 1970s. She even donates 400 of her works to the Sprengel museum in Hannover. Niki de Saint Phalle dies in California at the age of 63.